Explain to me the different balconies

GORDONCHICK

I tried looking on the X website, and well, that wasn't helpful at all on this topic.  I've seen talk on here about virtual balconies - and I'm guessing those aren't real balconies at all.  I've also seen mention of the hulled-in balconies, which do not appeal to me at all.  I just want a real regular balcony!  We are looking at the Equinox.  What should I be looking for or specifically be avoiding when booking?

1 minute ago, GORDONCHICK said:

I tried looking on the X website, and well, that wasn't helpful at all on this topic.  I've seen talk on here about virtual balconies - and I'm guessing those aren't real balconies at all.  I've also seen mention of the hulled-in balconies, which do not appeal to me at all.  I just want a real regular balcony!  We are looking at the Equinox.  What should I be looking for or specifically be avoiding when booking?

You're fine on the Equinox, on the E-Class which includes the Edge, Apex, Beyond, etc, they have infinity veranda.  I wouldn't consider those a "virtual" balconies, rather an ocean view with a window that opens.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You're fine on the Equinox, on the E-Class which includes the Edge, Apex, Beyond, etc, they have infinity veranda.  I wouldn't consider those a "virtual" balconies, rather an ocean view with a window that opens.

So S-class balconies are all regular balconies and not boxed in at all, correct?

Edited by GORDONCHICK

15 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

So S-class balconies are all regular balconies and not boxed in at all, correct?

All S-class veranda staterooms, AQ, suites, etc all have balconies. Some are different sizes and shapes, you can puzzle a lot of that out fr9m the deck plans.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cangelmd said:

All S-class veranda staterooms, AQ, suites, etc all have balconies. Some are different sizes and shapes, you can puzzle a lot of that out fr9m the deck plans.

I don't think you understood the question.  There are some that used to be called hull balconies but I think they may be called something else.  But they are pretty enclosed - which is what I don't want.

24 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

I don't think you understood the question.  There are some that used to be called hull balconies but I think they may be called something else.  But they are pretty enclosed - which is what I don't want.

Hopefully the following pictures help. All the regular balcony, concierge, & aqua class cabins are the same size and same size balcony with just a few exceptions.We just got off the Eclipse which is a sister ship to Equinox. The closest thing to a "hulled balcony", would be the foremost and aftmost balconies but even then it's not a fully enclosed balcony.

What cangelmd was referring to is the balconies on the slant of the hump mid ship. They are deeper than normal. The other place were you'll find a bigger balcony is some of the aft cabins.

The spreadsheet at the top of this forum is a wealth of information.

Side - Aft.jpg

Side - Forward.jpg

25 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

Hopefully the following pictures help. All the regular balcony, concierge, & aqua class cabins are the same size and same size balcony with just a few exceptions.We just got off the Eclipse which is a sister ship to Equinox. The closest thing to a "hulled balcony", would be the foremost and aftmost balconies but even then it's not a fully enclosed balcony.

What cangelmd was referring to is the balconies on the slant of the hump mid ship. They are deeper than normal. The other place were you'll find a bigger balcony is some of the aft cabins.

The spreadsheet at the top of this forum is a wealth of information.

Side - Aft.jpg

Side - Forward.jpg

Thanks.  I'm more of a visual person, especially since there's different terminology used for the exact same things.  There's usually only one of us at a time out on the balcony and there's only 2 of us this time, the size isn't as important.  And that part I could see on the X website.  And honestly, I'm just happy with a regular sized balcony!  Our first 10 cruises (or so) were all in inside cabins and I was fine with it because I was on a ship.

19 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes to this!!