Sojourn Cocktails outside

jeter55

We are considering a med cruise on the Sojourn next July. We are not wine people but appreciate a great cocktail preferably outside before dinner, especially in the med. We have gone on Silversea in the med and loved their panorama lounge for cocktail hour and after dinner. Any suggestions or descriptions of great Seabourn cocktails and what venue to enjoy them in?

There is little to compare as far as socializing is concerned. The Panorama Lounge is just that. But for pre-dinner on Seabourn there is the Sky Bar above the pool, the forward looking large Observation  

Bar (no similar venues on Silversea), and The Club which is sorta similar to the Panorama.

Post-dinner you will likely find the Obs Bar and Club far more lively than what’s on Silversea. 

It’s about budgets for entertainment, numbers of entertainment/cruise staff, and basic layout (which makes the Obs Bar, for me, my favorite). Throw in the point that Silversea passengers might well prefer it that way and you’ve got the picture. Also, when you look at deck plans you will see that the small forward high deck Obs Lounge on Silversea is more or less just a lounge with no live music.

So you are in for a treat.

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 2

PS- I am fully aware of the Dolce Vita Bar on Silversea ships. But as they don’t have immediate access to the deck I am not keen to spend time in this sort of venue except as an alternative in foul weather.

22 minutes ago, markham said:

PS- I am fully aware of the Dolce Vita Bar on Silversea ships. But as they don’t have immediate access to the deck I am not keen to spend time in this sort of venue except as an alternative in foul weather.

I love the SALT bar on the Silver Moon.

It is small so you need to be there by 19.00 or you will not get a seat

For me... I love a white lady or French 75 in Obs Bar but in TK Grill it just has to be a Gibson.  Really not to everyone's taste but it's delicious!

We met a lovely couple who we dined with in TK, and one of them joined me with a Gibson... and said "how on earth can you like this"  ?!

As I say... an acquired taste....

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__liquor__2019__08__23101503__gibson-720x720-recipe-29c40dea629049b09d096da221cdd618.webp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Markham, of course you are right and did mention it - there just did not seem to be much emphasis in any of the posts on being out of doors, which was what the request was all about.  For proper cocktails, to my mind it needs to be either the Observation bar (indoors), the TK bar on the new ships, again indoors, or the Club, which does have an outside area.  

Indoors is much better especially if you dine at 20.30 like us.

Cocktails at 19.45 for us and it's usually dark outside by then.

On the Encore and Ovation it is always the TK bar for cocktails on the sofa listening to the piano then it's just a few steps for dinner.

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Like 1