Caribbean Princess-Toilet Issues AGAIN

Rebels82

On 9/13/2022 at 12:35 PM, Rebels82 said:

We were on this ship in May and had toilet issues. We thought they would be fixed by Sept. We were wrong! We have had toilet issues every day. Today it will not flush and is almost overflowing.  Guest Services has been called daily. My last call to Guest Service received this reply “We have no ETA. There are numerous cabins with this issue.” 

Did you ever get a resolution? If so, what happened?

After call to Guest Services, plumber came 6 hours later.  He worked on the closet in hallway. It was fixed until the next day when it stopped flushing. He came within 20 mins of call. Things have worked well for a couple of days. There have been several plumbers seen daily on the Dolphin deck mid ship. We got a bottle of wine and chocolate strawberries for our inconvenience.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

After call to Guest Services, plumber came 6 hours later.  He worked on the closet in hallway. It was fixed until the next day when it stopped flushing. He came within 20 mins of call. Things have worked well for a couple of days. There have been several plumbers seen daily on the Dolphin deck mid ship. We got a bottle of wine and chocolate strawberries for our inconvenience.

Still not ideal, but at least something you can live with.  Similar to our experience, but we did not have the multi-day wait at the beginning of the cruise (so no wine or strawberries).  We still had several "no flushes", but they cleared fairly quickly. Not sure if the clogs cleared themselves or if the plumbers were working at it all the time. I still believe our room steward was a big help, as kept after the plumbers whenever he knew about problems in any of his rooms.  He also checked in on us several times when the plumbers were in the area to make sure our toilet was working.  

Edited by Jersey42

Not just the toilets.

Last night was formal night.  We came back after dinner to change and I saw water spot on the rug near the closet area.  Our steward was outside, so I told him and he said he would get maintenance  We changed our clothes and went out, came back two hours later and we had two maintenance men in the hallway with the panel in the ceiling open.  We had two buckets in the cabin and wet carpet in front of the bed and along the slider- told that the spa on deck 16 was sloshing the water all over due to the weather and it was coming down the walls.  Don't know how many other cabins has the same problem.

I went to the pool area and got 6 beach towels and we used that to soak up some of the damp carpet.  They said we could get another room for the night, but we didn't want the hassle.

We are now in Bar Harbor, we have laid down dry towels and if the problem was as they say, it should dry out.

Will find out more later - not sure deck 15 is the best deck to have our cabin.

17 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

Not just the toilets.

Last night was formal night.  We came back after dinner to change and I saw water spot on the rug near the closet area.  Our steward was outside, so I told him and he said he would get maintenance  We changed our clothes and went out, came back two hours later and we had two maintenance men in the hallway with the panel in the ceiling open.  We had two buckets in the cabin and wet carpet in front of the bed and along the slider- told that the spa on deck 16 was sloshing the water all over due to the weather and it was coming down the walls.  Don't know how many other cabins has the same problem.

I went to the pool area and got 6 beach towels and we used that to soak up some of the damp carpet.  They said we could get another room for the night, but we didn't want the hassle.

We are now in Bar Harbor, we have laid down dry towels and if the problem was as they say, it should dry out.

😖

1 hour ago, roxievegas said:

Not just the toilets.

For me, I would let them give me another cabin.  

37 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

For me, I would let them give me another cabin.  

We had the same issue with the wet carpet and it smelled We were on the back of ship deck 7 so it wasn't from the spa We changed rooms

• Like 1

ship is only 2/3 capacity.  Our cabin has no smell and we just returned to our cabin after going into Bar Harbor.  They have a huge fan blowing on the carpet and it is doing the job.

We have only 3 more days, so not worried about moving.

We are on vacation and this is just a tiny bump in the road - not going to let it ruin our trip

• Like 8

We were on the CB last month for a 16 day cruise staying in an outside cabin deck 9 just in front of the aft elevators.  The only problem we had was sometimes the toilet would not flush.  We pushed the button several times and nothing.  We would wait maybe an hour or so then go back and it flushed like normal.  We will be on the CB next month for a 14 day cruise in the same cabin and reading this makes me a bit alarmed.  We will see how it plays out.  Thanks to the OP for bringing the subject to the forefront.  The CB is old and looking tired.

We received a phone call from Guest Services last night.  They wanted to check on us and asked if everything was okay with the room.  I told them everyone had worked very hard to clean up the water and we were fine, carpet still damp in some areas, but mostly dry.

Guest Services apologized and said they would put $75.00 on our account for the inconvenience we went through.

I thanked them - today is Boston, tomorrow is sea day and I will go shopping in the Princess shops.

Good Travels everyone

• Like 2

On 9/15/2022 at 5:30 PM, mellon1 said:

Are the very totally aft on Deck 9, D737-D736 affected too?  

Anyone know when drydock is for CB?

The CB was last in drydock in April this year so I would not expect it to happen in the next few years unless something happens to cause it.  What we have now is what we get.  I don't believe drydock would solve the problem of thoughtless pax flushing contraband down their toilets ever.

• Like 2

I am the one that started this topic and saw the President come on board. The workers are working as hard as they can. I feel bad for them. Other than toilet issues, there are other problems such as leaks into people’s cabins and in public areas, dining service inconsistencies and slowness, etc. It is sad for the hard working employees and paying customers. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

I am the one that started this topic and saw the President come on board. The workers are working as hard as they can. I feel bad for them. Other than toilet issues, there are other problems such as leaks into people’s cabins and in public areas, dining service inconsistencies and slowness, etc. It is sad for the hard working employees and paying customers. 

Please keep us posted re Padgett’s visit. The Princess staff are always awesome. Which is why we always tip them well. 😉

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Rebels82 said:

This really makes me sad.  I know the Caribbean Princess is one of the older ships but I have sailed on her 4 times and had an awesome experience each time.  The last time was in late Feb/early March with my son and we had no problems as I have said before but ship only had 1400 passengers on board.  Our internet and the app was also working great.  Now I'm hearing all these issues since the April drydock.  Makes one wonder.  Sure hope everything gets worked out before my next sailing in April 1st 2023.  I'm still hopeful but following these posts and very much appreciate these firsthand reports.

On 9/18/2022 at 12:50 PM, satxdiver said:

The CB was last in drydock in April this year so I would not expect it to happen in the next few years unless something happens to cause it.  What we have now is what we get.  I don't believe drydock would solve the problem of thoughtless pax flushing contraband down their toilets ever.

thanks for that info.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 2:54 PM, satxdiver said:

We were on the CB last month for a 16 day cruise staying in an outside cabin deck 9 just in front of the aft elevators.  The only problem we had was sometimes the toilet would not flush.  We pushed the button several times and nothing.  We would wait maybe an hour or so then go back and it flushed like normal.  We will be on the CB next month for a 14 day cruise in the same cabin and reading this makes me a bit alarmed.  We will see how it plays out.  Thanks to the OP for bringing the subject to the forefront.  The CB is old and looking tired.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:54 PM, satxdiver said:

Would you mind reporting if there is still smoking by the staff on aft deck 7.  Wondering if there is smoke smell on the aft balconies.  Thanks.