Have a cabin booked for 3: only 2 can travel. Can we keep the same cabin?

pcrum

Hi:

My travel agent is being very slow to respond, so I am hoping the veterans of Celebrity and Cruise Critic can help me with a predicament.  I have two concierge cabins booked on the Celebrity Summit departing Dec. 27, 2022.  These cabins were booked in early April, 2022.  One cabin is a 3-person handicapped cabin and was meant for my husband, my 90 year old mother and yours truly.  The other cabin is for our children, 27-year old twins.  My husband will most likely be unable to travel, so my question is whether we can keep the 3-person handicapped cabin if only 2 people travel.  My mother definitely needs a handicapped cabin and at this time, there do not seem to be any 2-person handicapped cabins available.  We have an aft balcony and I love the location and would even be willing to pay for the third person (who probably won't travel) so that we can keep this cabin.  My question is whether this is allowed or should I be looking for another person to travel with us?  Final payment is due next month, so I want to know what Celebrity will allow.  We booked under a special where tips, wifi, and the premium beverage package are included and there is $100/person onboard credit, if that makes a difference.  My promotions are: 25PCTSAVING NRD, ELEV FREE NRD

Thank you for any insight.

12 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Just have the third passenger be a no show and the taxes and fees will be auto refunded and then you don’t have to worry about it. 

It's before final.  Why not officially drop the 3rd and recoup the 3rd fare as well???

16 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Just have the third passenger be a no show and the taxes and fees will be auto refunded and then you don’t have to worry about it. 

Except they are not past final payment so if they drop one guest now they get a full refund for him. Even after final payment there is a schedule of how much you lose and when you lose it if one guest cancels.

There should not be a problem dropping the 3rd guest. Even though it sleeps 3 it is probably usually booked with 2. (Most cabins can sleep 3.)

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Except they are not past final payment so if they drop one guest now they get a full refund for him. Even after final payment there is a schedule of how much you lose and when you lose it if one guest cancels.

There should not be a problem dropping the 3rd guest. Even though it sleeps 3 it is probably usually booked with 2. (Most cabins can sleep 3.)

Thank you.  So, it seems from the collective wisdom of Cruise Critic, that I should be able to drop my husband from the reservation and keep the same cabin.  I wonder why I am hearing crickets from my travel agent if it is so easy!

Thanks to everyone for your input.

47 minutes ago, mandream said:

Does cancelling a person require re-pricing at current rates?

Mike

No, since it's still prior to final, nothing changes in that regard, nor are there any adjustments required for full refund for the 3rd.  The cabin remains booked for 2 as would have normally been allowed at the then prevailing pp rate for 1st and 2nd guests. 

It does get messier when it's 2 that booked and one drops out, leaving the one passenger as a solo.

Once past final:  Note that Celebrity says "The cancellation charge policies set forth above vary for single occupancy or for the third, fourth or higher occupants in a stateroom or for groups. Consult your travel agency or call Celebrity for further details."

The % problem is worse for a solo, and less for a 3rd.

Edited by canderson

We had 2 regular- not handicapped- cabins and had planned for my husband and grandson in 1, granddaughter and myself in the other.  Granddaughter got covid,  couldn't go.  I had the cabin to myself, no change in fare.  Her fare was refunded, as it was in May,  Cruise with Confidence policy.