How is boarding in Barbados?

Birdnutty

We're considering a cruise on the Rhapsody out of Barbados this winter.  Has anyone done this?  How is the boarding process?  I remember hearing all kinds of horror stories about embarking in other countries, especially during Covid.  Have they refined the process to a tolerable level in Barbados?  We will not be in a suite or get any special treatment, so Id like to hear wha the average passenger might experience.

And while we're on the subject, how was this cruise?

8 hours ago, Birdnutty said:

Have they refined the process to a tolerable level in Barbados?  

The only RCI experience anyone would have would be last years' COVID tight process - not sure you can use any of that as to what will happen this year.

9 hours ago, Birdnutty said:

We're considering a cruise on the Rhapsody out of Barbados this winter.  Has anyone done this?  How is the boarding process?  I remember hearing all kinds of horror stories about embarking in other countries, especially during Covid.  Have they refined the process to a tolerable level in Barbados?  We will not be in a suite or get any special treatment, so Id like to hear wha the average passenger might experience.

And while we're on the subject, how was this cruise?

Not sure what the question is.  Will, you not go because the boarding is not the same as in Florida?  Will that ruin your trip?  Every country is different, just like every airport is different.  Some are much better, and some are worse.  However, I have never been concerned at boarding or getting off.  It is a thing that must be done, and however it is done, it will eventually be over, and the trip begins.  

Horror stories come from people that feel entitled for a certain way of doing things, and when it is different, they think it's bad, when in fact, it is normal

6 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Not sure what the question is.  Will, you not go because the boarding is not the same as in Florida?  Will that ruin your trip?  Every country is different, just like every airport is different.  Some are much better, and some are worse.  However, I have never been concerned at boarding or getting off.  It is a thing that must be done, and however it is done, it will eventually be over, and the trip begins.  

Horror stories come from people that feel entitled for a certain way of doing things, and when it is different, they think it's bad, when in fact, it is normal

Well said, all of life is easier with the proper attitude.  No matter how bad the airport, flight, shuttle to ship,  or embarkation process is it all ends with a sigh and a little umbrella in our drink.

We loved sailing out of Barbados.  The island is wonderful, so whatever minor inconvenience there is with boarding is worth it.  BTW: if you can stay at the Crane it's wonderful.  It's on the east side away from the "tourist" area. The beach really is pink.    

The question was not meant to be snarky.  I had heard some major horror stories about the waits, the disorganisation, general lack of preparedness, etc. Wasn't taking the point of view as a privileged, lazy "know it all" American who needs to be catered to.  As 70 somethings, with some minor mobility issues and bad shoulders, (until I get "fixed"), it matters a great deal if I will have to stand for a long time in very long lines or move all my luggage myself, or get shuffled from one place to the next trying to go through the process.  I've never boarded from a small island, and have no idea what to expect, so I was asking a simple question to see if perhaps this is or is not a cruise I can consider.

Please remember that not everyone is young, spry and strong, and also try to keep in mind that questions can be from honest folk who are asking advice from those who might have had more experience.

• Like 1