CocoCay Water Park Cost - $161?

rsteenblik

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

the catch is - we are gonna be on a Princess ship. Not sure they'd be able or willing to help us buy a beverage package on an RCI ship. 🙂 

All the Princess ships I have been on have an area with at least a dozen or more computers that you can use without an internet package. It gets crowded sometimes, but I don't see why you couldn't log in to your information on the RCI website for your upcoming cruise.

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

All the Princess ships I have been on have an area with at least a dozen or more computers that you can use without an internet package. It gets crowded sometimes, but I don't see why you couldn't log in to your information on the RCI website for your upcoming cruise.

Thanks, I do know about the onboard "internet center", however, it's not free, so the difference in the beverage package price I am hoping for would be cancelled out by the internet charges. It's not a big difference, so it's not worth trying to use the for-fee internet on a ship.

Using free wifi somewhere at a port makes much more sense in my particular case, so that's what I am going to aim for.

We are one of the suckers that got a thrill park cabana for six of us.  We are on Wonder 3/19.  Came out to almost as much as the tix.  But I agree.  Hanging in for Black Friday for beverage package (now 79.00 day), and to cancel and redo the cabanas at Labadee and Cococay. It's a special trip and we have the 1 bdrm ATS, but it still seems like way too much to pay.

14 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I've heard people mention Black Friday as a great day to find cruise deals -- is it JUST Black Friday itself, or is it a couple-day thing?  

It's typically Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday to get the Cruise Planner sale prices.  

7 hours ago, nolegirl01 said:

On our sailing in December it's pretty high too... as much as we wanted to experience the water park or the beach club, I refuse to pay these prices. It's crazy!

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 12.27.06 AM.png

Is this the holiday week or early December? I find most travel costs are lowest almost for the entire year in the first two weeks of December so I’m hoping this is during Christmas or New Year. 

On 9/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Thanks, I do know about the onboard "internet center", however, it's not free, so the difference in the beverage package price I am hoping for would be cancelled out by the internet charges. It's not a big difference, so it's not worth trying to use the for-fee internet on a ship.

Using free wifi somewhere at a port makes much more sense in my particular case, so that's what I am going to aim for.

Sorry, my mistake the internet center is not free internet. I forgot that with the number of cruises we had with Princess we got X number of minutes free.

• Like 1

As in many large response threads, I haven't read all 4 pages of responses.  So, if I'm repeating something that has already been stated or discussed, excuse me:

Is the pricing possibly a product of timing?  Could the ~ $70.00 price be a result of an early purchase price.  As the area gets sold to almost capacity, the price goes up in an effort to slow down sales AND make a few extra bucks?  I don't know, just a thought.

Edited by Ret MP

Sadly its simply supply and demand. They will set a price if it sells well the price creeps up if it sells poorly the price goes down. All industries use it, especially the airlines and travel companies. Personally i think if the waterpark is over £50 (70ish USD) then its not worth it. I also think the price of the tents by the sea (cabanas) are obscene and on some occasions more then the weeks cruise!!!!

But as always if your happy to pay that much then crack on.

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

$133 pp was there from the very beginning for my cruise.

I'm talking/typing about pre-cruise costs.  I'm thinking that if the "Cruise Planner" is available, say 4 months out, for your cruise and tickets are on sale for the water park, it may be ~ $70.00 and as you get closer to the actual embarkation date and sales are way up there, they may raise prices for a couple reason.  1.  Crowd control, and 2. Make more money!  But, that's all my guess/opinion/hypothesis.  

11 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I'm talking/typing about pre-cruise costs.  I'm thinking that if the "Cruise Planner" is available, say 4 months out, for your cruise and tickets are on sale for the water park, it may be ~ $70.00 and as you get closer to the actual embarkation date and sales are way up there, they may raise prices for a couple reason.  1.  Crowd control, and 2. Make more money!  But, that's all my guess/opinion/hypothesis.  

I have $133.99 per person for Wonder next May. (As of right now) week before original poster.

Edited by CanHardlyWait4NextYear
Typo
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I'm talking/typing about pre-cruise costs.

so am I.

Since the cruise planner populated with excursions and other things, it's always been the same price - $133 for the water park. We are 60 days out. Last year it stayed at $99 all the way until 2 days before the cruise when it dropped to $78.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 12:28 AM, nolegirl01 said:

On our sailing in December it's pretty high too... as much as we wanted to experience the water park or the beach club, I refuse to pay these prices. It's crazy!

FYI: Royal is notorious for changing the price on sold out cabanas. For instance, in Labadeee this past August the cabanas sold out in April or March, but yet after all sold out they changed the cabana price from my cabana prcie that I got for $640 to $1,499.  It sold out at $649 not $1,499.  Why? to make YOU think people pay these crazy prices. 

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 1

I started a free database to type in planner prices and track them with others on your same sailing and get notifications when things drop -- plus see histories per ship/time of year/etc.  If you want to help, drop me an email (signature line).

By crowd sharing our data we can probably look for patterns -- plus get notified if someone else on our sailing sees a price drop!

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Or if you have a family member who can login and buy it for you.

15 hours ago, Ret MP said:

The waterpark prices are set in advance mainly based on what time of year it is. As a general rule, the warmer it is outside, the higher the price. We have been to the waterpark a couple of times in January and spent around $65-70 per person. We have also been to the waterpark in July and August and paid over $100 both times. For the dozen or so cruises I have booked for next year into 2024, the waterpark pricing is consistent with my past experiences (warmer weather equals higher prices). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 12:28 AM, nolegirl01 said:

The perfect day on our cruise is on Friday. Can any of these purchases (made before sailing) be cancelled and refunded once on the ship?

I live in Phoenix. We have lots of waterparks, and I can usually go either for free with my Pogo Pass, or for like $30. Heck, I even bought a $60 annual pass for Hurricane Harbor because it's double the cost of a single day, plus includes Six Flags Magic Mountain in LA.

Where I live, we're landlocked. We have plenty of waterparks, but no beach. So no way would I even pay $30 to go to the waterpark at Coco Cay, let alone $161! That's absolutely insane.

Are people actually paying that?!

• Like 2

On 9/16/2022 at 11:22 PM, brillohead said:

It's typically Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday to get the Cruise Planner sale prices.  

Is it just Cruise Planner packages, or do they do amazing deals for booking new cruises as well during that time?

On 9/16/2022 at 6:22 PM, topanga49er said:

We are one of the suckers that got a thrill park cabana for six of us.  We are on Wonder 3/19.  Came out to almost as much as the tix.  But I agree.  Hanging in for Black Friday for beverage package (now 79.00 day), and to cancel and redo the cabanas at Labadee and Cococay. It's a special trip and we have the 1 bdrm ATS, but it still seems like way too much to pay.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and figure that if you're living in Topanga, it's not gonna break you if the deal doesn't come through 😂😉  Of course, making sure you get the best deal is a good idea whether you need it or not. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

On 9/17/2022 at 7:38 AM, vjmatty said:

Is this the holiday week or early December? I find most travel costs are lowest almost for the entire year in the first two weeks of December so I’m hoping this is during Christmas or New Year. 

Yeah our sailing is on Dec. 24 but our coco cay day is Dec. 30.