Retreat suite levels

ChefSha

15 minutes ago, ChefSha said:

We’re staying in a RS on APEX. Are we able to make reservations for a time in Luminae or do we just show up when we want to eat? This ‘anytime’ dining has be confused? 

is it best to make reservations for the other restaurants ahead of time, new cruiser here. 

You just show up to Luminae.

It is best to make reservations for the specialty restaurants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

You just show up to Luminae.

It is best to make reservations for the specialty restaurants.

We were asked on our preferred time last year when we were in penthouse so we could get a window table , which we got most of the times . This was on edge.

Sailed both the EDGE and APEX in a Sky Suite.  My Personal Concierge stocked my fridge with beer (I think it was Heineken) and small bottles of Jack Daniels, per my request.  Dined in Luminae, which was quite good.  surprisingly the MDRs were also quite good.  The one Specialty restaurant I would make a point of dining in would be EDEN!

Both of my Personal Concierges were excellent.  And, my interfaces with the desk Concierges in the Retreat Lounge were also very good.

The rest were good, but not head and shoulders better than the MDRs.  That's more a complement to the MDRs than a knock on the Specialty Restaurants.

• Like 2

Currently in a Sky Suite on Reflection.   Our butler is stocking our fridge daily.  In the morning, she brings me my special metal ice cube tray that I brought from home.  She also brings my cream for my coffee.  At night, she brings hot water so I can make my aeropress( I drink iced coffee).  She brings us fruit and cheese plates for afternoon snack.  The retreat host made us an alternate excursion reservation.  He also had the spa call us for an appointment.  We're sharing transportation to the airport with another couple who are not in a suite.  He told me to ask the butler for luggage tags to give them so all our luggage will be together.   

• Like 2

So glad to hear all the positive comments.  We have not been on a Celebrity ship in many years.  And although the Eclipse is not the biggest or the brightest, the review have all been great.

I have reached out to the pre-trip concierge and sent all my dinning request and he (Phillip) could not be more helpful or pleasant.  We also like to be spontaneous and make our dinning choices on the fly from time to time….sometimes it’s just sushi……😁

I have got to remember not to over think (yeah, that’s me ….) once on board it’s time to just relax and enjoy…..hurry up February 2023!

Thanks again everyone!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

We were asked on our preferred time last year when we were in penthouse so we could get a window table , which we got most of the times . This was on edge.

The one night we didn’t make a reservation we had to wait for a table in Luminae. We were in PH & we had simply forgotten to tell him. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

The one night we didn’t make a reservation we had to wait for a table in Luminae. We were in PH & we had simply forgotten to tell him. 

I have never waited more than ten minutes on any of my celebrity cruises even in sky suite.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, George C said:

I have never waited more than ten minutes on any of my celebrity cruises even in sky suite.

Ditto, though we're about to take our first Reflection cruise where there are a lot more suites and same size Luminae, and with suites heavily booked.  Will be interesting to see how that goes.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, canderson said:

Ditto, though we're about to take our first Reflection cruise where there are a lot more suites and same size Luminae, and with suites heavily booked.  Will be interesting to see how that goes.

The suites are always fully booked.  I've only occasionally had to wait a few minutes for a table in Luminae.  It's not like you're standing in a long line for the MDR.  There is a pleasant place to sit and wait.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The suites are always fully booked.  I've only occasionally had to wait a few minutes for a table in Luminae.  It's not like you're standing in a long line for the MDR.  There is a pleasant place to sit and wait.

Yes, we've sat on the bench once or twice.  Is any of your experience specific to Reflection?  No question that the pax:tables ratio is higher there than any other S class.

• Like 1

When on Millie and Apex we never made a reservation and not had to wait for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Though, we tend to eat early 6'ish for dinner and almost always get a window table. We're with another couple on Infinity Oct 1-8, so we'll see how it goes.

Also, any thoughts on Michaels Club would be appreciated as this will be our first time in an old school Retreat and looking forward to it?

On 9/14/2022 at 11:42 PM, George C said:

I believe that has a staircase which would stop me from booking that . 

While I have not yet been in an Edge Villa, it is advertised as having direct access to the Suite Sundeck, and I have seen those entrances while on that sundeck. Doesn’t that mean you can exit the suite on deck 15, take the elevator to deck 16, and reenter the suite without ever walking the stairs?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

When on Millie and Apex we never made a reservation and not had to wait for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Though, we tend to eat early 6'ish for dinner and almost always get a window table. We're with another couple on Infinity Oct 1-8, so we'll see how it goes.

Also, any thoughts on Michaels Club would be appreciated as this will be our first time in an old school Retreat and looking forward to it?

Retreat on M class is very similar to the old Michaels they did remove the baby grand piano , concierge still has desk there , drink service is still excellent.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, actuarian said:

Doesn’t that mean you can exit the suite on deck 15, take the elevator to deck 16, and reenter the suite without ever walking the stairs?

That's the plan. Deck 16 exits to the sun deck on Edge and Apex but to the Luminae deck on the Beyond. There is a patio outside the Deck 16 doors on the Beyond. It looks very doable. 

On 9/20/2022 at 9:00 PM, SusieAV8R said:

In my personal opinion, Corporate removing Murano (or its equivalent) and substituting restaurants like Le Petit Chef significantly reduced the elegance of  the X dining on M-class.  We dined in Le Petit Chef exactly once, found the food far worse than any time we've eaten in OV and will never go back.

I also miss the marvelous French restaurants that used to be on the M-class ships. Each one was different and I think they were all better than Murano and they were certainly far better than Le Petit Chef. I also miss the huge libraries and the indoor cinemas.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Yes, we've sat on the bench once or twice.  Is any of your experience specific to Reflection?  No question that the pax:tables ratio is higher there than any other S class.

I've only sailed Reflection once and I was not in a suite.  Mostly I sail on M class ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canderson said:

It was no trouble when we sailed on Reflection in February.  The ship was only about half full, but suites were nearly sold out .  I don't recall seeing Luminae full that whole week.

Thanks to those with Michaels Club feedback. We're looking forward to that interior decor as not big fans of the decor on Millie or Apex but loved everything else and definitely so the Retreat pool/lounge amenities on Apex!

We will be on Reflection 10/9/2023 Celebrity Reflection / 10 Night Greek Islands & Malta / Rome to Barcelona 10/19/2023 Celebrity Reflection / 14 Night Spain Gibraltar & Bermuda- TA / Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale, so look forward to impressions as we get closer to that next year. 

• Like 3