Proof of vaccination

clarets

• Host Sharon changed the title to Proof of vaccination
1 minute ago, FangedRose said:

Booster jabs don't only work on a cruise ship! They might come in useful in the supermarket for example 😁

I'm not disputing that,  and I have my booster appointment already.

But the situation regarding boosters, expiration dates etc with regards to cruising is complicated enough already, without posts regarding the second booster eligibility.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But the situation regarding boosters, expiration dates etc with regards to cruising is complicated enough already, without posts regarding the second booster eligibility.

I guess folk think they are being helpfull. We had our jabs lunchtime. Very efficient, sharp needle. I said thank you...lots. The jab isn't on the app yet, so just in case, I can prove it if necessary.

20220916_134735.jpg

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I was just reading elseewhere from someone claiming they had their 2nd jab more than 270 days ago, but are not entitled to a booster as they are under 65. I thought that the NHS sent you a booster invitation once you were nearing 270 days since your 2nd jab?

You do not have to be over 65 to have the first booster. Anyone can have it who is over 16, and at least 3 months must have passed since a previous vaccination..

Whoever wrote about the 270 day rule is wrong !

Edited by wowzz

On 9/15/2022 at 2:44 PM, clarets said:

We have received our info for our upcoming cruise saying we no longer have to have a covid test but do we need proof that we have had our 3 jabs?

We are due to sail on Arcadia on 6th October and have received instructions by email of pre-boarding requirements. After reading these I think that P&O are requesting (highly recommended) that you take a lateral flow covid test before embarking to ensure that you are negative. Do you have to confirm when boarding that this has been completed? Not a problem as I have a few NHS tests still in date until 2024 which I will use the day before travelling to Southampton. It's getting so confusing!!!

Both myself and OH are booked in for our autumn booster next week.

Edited by PJ's
Added more information
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, PJ's said:

Do you have to confirm when boarding that this has been completed

You are meant to test within two days of embarkation,  and verbally declare at the port that you tested negative.

Not sure that anyone would be daft enough to turn up and say that they had tested positive !

Edited by wowzz

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You are meant to test within two days of embarkation,  and verbally declare at the port that you tested negative.

Not sure that anyone would be daft enough to turn up and say that they had tested positive !

Probably not daft enough to turn up and say that they had tested positive but they could be daft enough to say they tested negative even though they know that they tested positive, these could be the real problem.

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Probably not daft enough to turn up and say that they had tested positive but they could be daft enough to say they tested negative even though they know that they tested positive, these could be the real problem.

Indeed, but now that P&O are saying that if you cannot cruise due to Covid, you have to make a claim on your travel insurance,  I imagine that that many will not want to do battle with their insurance companies, and will therefore declare themselves negative. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PJ's said:

P&O are requesting (highly recommended) that you take a lateral flow covid test before embarking to ensure that you are negative. Do you have to confirm when boarding that this has been completed?

As it is a recommendation not a requirement then I doubt they will specifically ask whether you took a test, but instead will simply add a question onto the health check form you must complete, along the lines of ‘have you tested positive for COVID in the last 48 hours’.

With it only being a recommendation, if they have the staff asking if you took a test, then unfortunately there would invariably be a few unpleasant people who would take the opportunity to ‘have a go’ at the member of staff asking the question.

15 minutes ago, picsa said:

As it is a recommendation not a requirement then I doubt they will specifically ask whether you took a test, but instead will simply add a question onto the health check form you must complete, along the lines of ‘have you tested positive for COVID in the last 48 hours’.

With it only being a recommendation, if they have the staff asking if you took a test, then unfortunately there would invariably be a few unpleasant people who would take the opportunity to ‘have a go’ at the member of staff asking the question.

I don't mind. I can show them my sticker. Stickers don't lie.🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PJ's said:

We are due to sail on Arcadia on 6th October and have received instructions by email of pre-boarding requirements. After reading these I think that P&O are requesting (highly recommended) that you take a lateral flow covid test before embarking to ensure that you are negative. Do you have to confirm when boarding that this has been completed? Not a problem as I have a few NHS tests still in date until 2024 which I will use the day before travelling to Southampton. It's getting so confusing!!!

Both myself and OH are booked in for our autumn booster next week.

To confuse matters even more your instructions are different from ours, as we are on a longer cruise these are our instructions; 

It is a requirement that you organise and pay for an observed or in-person COVID-19 lateral flow/antigen test for all guests aged five years and over to be taken in the two days before – or on the day of – departure from the UK. This test must be medically observed via a mobile device or conducted in person by a government-approved testing provider.

I can understand why they need to be wary on a longer cruise but once we start mixing with the natives we will be back to square one, plus most of the passengers will be retired and likely have had their autumn booster. 

5 minutes ago, picsa said:

You get a sticker when you do a home COVID test?

No, we had our 2nd booster and got a sticker to wear, a bit like a ships excursion. DW said ' when are you going to take that stupid thing off ' but the girls in our favourite Portuguese restaurant were well Impressed.  Good old Nando's.🤣

20220916_134735.jpg

Edited by zap99

10 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

To confuse matters even more your instructions are different from ours, as we are on a longer cruise these are our instructions; 

It is a requirement that you organise and pay for an observed or in-person COVID-19 lateral flow/antigen test for all guests aged five years and over to be taken in the two days before – or on the day of – departure from the UK. This test must be medically observed via a mobile device or conducted in person by a government-approved testing provider.

I can understand why they need to be wary on a longer cruise but once we start mixing with the natives we will be back to square one, plus most of the passengers will be retired and likely have had their autumn booster. 

Is it because it is a longer cruise or is it going to Canada, USA or the Caribbean. 

32 minutes ago, picsa said:

I am sailing on Azura on 29 September. The following extract is from an email received from P&O 2 days ago

"While testing is no longer mandatory, we highly recommend that all fully vaccinated guests aged five years and over, take a COVID‑19 lateral flow/antigen test in the three days before, or on the day of departure.

Guests aged 5-17 years who are not fully vaccinated will still need to take a COVID‑19 lateral flow/antigen test in the three days before, or on the day of departure. You’ll no longer need to provide a test certificate, but you must be able to provide photo evidence of your negative test if asked. Guests will also be asked to confirm the testing requirements have been met as part of the pre‑boarding health declaration at the cruise terminal. Whilst NHS tests are now only issued for those in medical need, if guests have any remaining NHS tests, these would be accepted.)"

My interpretation is that only those who still need to have taken a test, ie unvacinated passengers aged 5-17, will be asked to confirm test status on boarding.

1 minute ago, Denarius said:

I am sailing on Azura on 29 September. The following extract is from an email received from P&O 2 days ago

"While testing is no longer mandatory, we highly recommend that all fully vaccinated guests aged five years and over, take a COVID‑19 lateral flow/antigen test in the three days before, or on the day of departure.

Guests aged 5-17 years who are not fully vaccinated will still need to take a COVID‑19 lateral flow/antigen test in the three days before, or on the day of departure. You’ll no longer need to provide a test certificate, but you must be able to provide photo evidence of your negative test if asked. Guests will also be asked to confirm the testing requirements have been met as part of the pre‑boarding health declaration at the cruise terminal. Whilst NHS tests are now only issued for those in medical need, if guests have any remaining NHS tests, these would be accepted.)"

My interpretation is that only those who still need to have taken a test, ie unvacinated passengers aged 5-17, will be asked to confirm test status on boarding.

Certainly looks like that. The rules seem fairly clear, but making up your own makes for some interesting posts.