Update 9/14/22: Change to Enhanced Guidelines Voyages

LACruiser88

4 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Correct. The testing protocol is only for cruises departing from Piraeus. And Princess isn’t different on this point. It is baffling how this is the rule, but it is and Princess is not to blame here. 

I am still thinking we have a disconnect here.  Princess is requiring the same testing protocol for a voyage commencing in Greece, ending in Greece, or just port-calling in Greece.  This means in-person live testing and a hardcopy results report.  Princess IS to blame as they are complete outliers in this (even from HAL) respect (save for Greece departures).

On 9/15/2022 at 7:05 PM, martinitime1 said:

We were so happy to find out they dropped testing for our 16day TA out of the UK. We are going to stay in London a week before the cruise and were concerned about possibly testing + and not being to get  on the ship, and all the havoc that would ensue trying to get home. A huge load off.

I understand your concerns about testing positive.  But what will you do IF you ARE positive?  Just because you don't test won't mean that you have/don't have covid.  

Will you do a home test?

Still get on the ship?

Still fly home?

I have lots of tests.  I home test before traveling or getting together with family and friends; especially older friends.  This isn't for everyone.  It's just the way I am wired.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have lots of tests.  I home test before traveling or getting together with family and friends; especially older friends.  This isn't for everyone.  It's just the way I am wired.  

This means you are caring and considerate of others. I also have several tests and tests when near immunocompromised/older friends. We used to have testing at work and I would test there before seeing these individuals. I would have felt awful if I made them sick.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I understand your concerns about testing positive.  But what will you do IF you ARE positive?  Just because you don't test won't mean that you have/don't have covid.  

Will you do a home test?

Still get on the ship?

Still fly home?

LOL, never thought of it that way. We will do a home test, we have a bunch of the freebies provided. Would have to fly home after a -- test. Would not get on the ship. I was just relieved we did not have to find a place to do a PCR test in London prior.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

LOL, never thought of it that way. We will do a home test, we have a bunch of the freebies provided. Would have to fly home after a -- test. Would not get on the ship. I was just relieved we did not have to find a place to do a PCR test in London prior.

1.  Thanks for replying.

2.  Thanks for being so considerate of others.

3.  No one wants to get covid while traveling.  Stay safe.  We can only do for ourselves.  Not responsible for anyone else.  Life is too short to worry about others.

• Like 2