CheckMyTrip - Is this of any real use??

dlh015

So...first time user of FBC and first time user of CheckMyTrip. Check & I didn't get off to a great start as after a few attempts doing as I was told (email Itinerary to CheckMyTrip and it would be added...ah, no, got an error email stating it couldn't be added...) I ended up entering my flight itinerary manually. So fine, info is in there and all appears well.

Until a few weeks later...yesterday I received a notice from FBC that there were some changes in my flights. And the changes were outlined very specifically. I am happy about that. It was quite clear and easy to understand.

So I go to CheckMyTrip today. Huh. Things are not quite right. ( <---understatement )

The first part was fine...that was the flight to FLL nonstop to board the ship.

But the return flight was totally bonkers and absolutely nothing like reality. 

The original was  FLL--->EWR, a layover, then EWR--->SFO

Now, there is no FLL--->EWR...at all.

There *is* a EWR--->SFO...at a completely off the wall time...getting me in 4 hours earlier than I would have...IF I happened to somehow manage to get to EWR by helicoptering off the ship a few hours early before it gets into port.

And to top it off, the confirmation number of the return flight is something I've never seen before and I certainly didn't enter it into their 'system.'

The good news is that the FBC info matches the United website, so I'm not worried.  

So...is this what I can expect from the CheckMyTrip website?  Is it of any real use? 

32 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

So...first time user of FBC and first time user of CheckMyTrip. Check & I didn't get off to a great start as after a few attempts doing as I was told (email Itinerary to CheckMyTrip and it would be added...ah, no, got an error email stating it couldn't be added...) I ended up entering my flight itinerary manually. So fine, info is in there and all appears well.

Until a few weeks later...yesterday I received a notice from FBC that there were some changes in my flights. And the changes were outlined very specifically. I am happy about that. It was quite clear and easy to understand.

So I go to CheckMyTrip today. Huh. Things are not quite right. ( <---understatement )

The first part was fine...that was the flight to FLL nonstop to board the ship.

But the return flight was totally bonkers and absolutely nothing like reality. 

The original was  FLL--->EWR, a layover, then EWR--->SFO

Now, there is no FLL--->EWR...at all.

There *is* a EWR--->SFO...at a completely off the wall time...getting me in 4 hours earlier than I would have...IF I happened to somehow manage to get to EWR by helicoptering off the ship a few hours early before it gets into port.

And to top it off, the confirmation number of the return flight is something I've never seen before and I certainly didn't enter it into their 'system.'

The good news is that the FBC info matches the United website, so I'm not worried.  

So...is this what I can expect from the CheckMyTrip website?  Is it of any real use? 

I used it once.   Think that says it all.  I put it in the category of doing my complete on line checkin.  I give it one or two tries then check in at the pier bringing the required documents. 

As for "luggage tags", lots easier to have the porters tag at the pier.  Heavier airline plastic tags last cruise.

This is taken directly from my confirmation email from FBC:

"To verify your itinerary, please log on to checkmytrip.com, using your record locator|booking reference displayed above. Please check your booking details now, to make sure everything is correct."

Otherwise I would never have known of it!

Thank you all for your feedback and comments! I think I know what *not* to do in the future...lol... 

I know that...

From my OP:  "The good news is that the FBC info matches the United website, so I'm not worried."

The point is that the CheckMyTrip info does not. Not even close.

One of my flights completely vanished. (FLL ---> EWR)   Just plain gone. With no notification from CheckMyTrip...the other return leg is, as I mentioned, not feasible...

But thanks anyways...I rarely rely on a 3rd party when direct contact is available. I never would have even known about CMT if it wasn't in the email from Celebrity...as posted above. 

ETA: Anyhow, my question is answered...it is of no real use to me. It may be to others...but the reviews speak for themselves...

Edited by dlh015

I’ve only sailed on Celebrity once and used FBC. As our trip was over a year away when booked, the airlines changed things multiple times on us.  Biggest issue I had with FBC was they kept saying they would get to my change in 90 days initially, and on the last change they were telling me in 30 days, when my flight out was just 28 days away.

Needless to say, everything worked out in the end but Celebrity site never showed my flights correctly. I relied on the Airline page to know what I actually had booked.