Speciality Dining Queen Victoria

Minnie29

If you google

Cunard, Bamboo Menu

Cunard Coriander Menu

Cunard  Aztec Menu

you'll find examples

I can't find links to La Piazza and Smokehouse menus

Verandah menu but don't know how current it is.

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/life-on-board/example-menus/verandah-dinner.pdf

Not sure of prices as we use a Diamond perk if we ever eat in any of the alternative dining areas.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

Can you book these speciality restaurants before boarding and are there any discounts once onboard? 

In these difficult times, think best to wait until onboard to confirm open.

One can make a reservation via the booking telephone line from one’s stateroom, or ask one’s MD to assist. But some physically visit the restaurant to make a reservation.

Never heard of discounts being offered.

Verandah Suggestions

Seafood platter for two

Wagyu Beef

No restrictions on the number of “sides”

One can have one’s opened wine bottle moved from Main Restaurant to Verandah.

The Verandah cocktails are excellent as an accompaniment if wishing a change from wine.

Lido Alternative Suggestion

La Piazza - There is a special Cunard pasta dish toward the bottom of the menu (forgot the name).

It’s your selection of presented seafood flambé table side with freshly cooked pasta, usually prepared with theatre by the HW.  A lovely experience.

One can have one’s opened wine bottle moved from Main Restaurant to Lido.  
Again cocktails during and post dining are excellent.

Enjoy

• Thanks 2

You can’t book them beforehand, but it is possible to book on the My Voyage app once you have set it up after embarkation or phone the Pursers office to make the reservation. 
I am on Queen Elizabeth now and the only Lido Alternative dining option is Riviera - med themed. I’m not sure if Queen Victoria is doing the same options as QM2 however it is $25 pp. 

9 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Can you book these speciality restaurants before boarding and are there any discounts once onboard? 

I am sailing in 55 days and when I look at Dining, Cunard tells me: As your safety and wellbeing is our top priority, we have enhanced measures in place, including reduced capacity online dining reservations. You will be able to make reservations from 28th October 2022. [That's 2 weeks before our sailing]

I don't know if the Lido dining concept has changed recently, but the description and sample menu which I can see is very different to the Bamboo, Aztec and Coriander menus which are referenced above. If the sample menu is reflective of what will actually be available then it is not themed by cuisine - I've downloaded and attached what I can see.

dinner_lido_menu_02a.pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

I am sailing in 55 days and when I look at Dining, Cunard tells me: As your safety and wellbeing is our top priority, we have enhanced measures in place, including reduced capacity online dining reservations. You will be able to make reservations from 28th October 2022. [That's 2 weeks before our sailing]

I don't know if the Lido dining concept has changed recently, but the description and sample menu which I can see is very different to the Bamboo, Aztec and Coriander menus which are referenced above. If the sample menu is reflective of what will actually be available then it is not themed by cuisine - I've downloaded and attached what I can see.

dinner_lido_menu_02a.pdf 71.79 kB · 8 downloads

No idea what this is.  
It’s far removed from what one would consider “alternative dining”, if fact it’s just a basic Main Britannia menu with a couple of below Club level tweaks.  If this is what Cunard now considers fine alternative dining at $25 pp, then one will pass.  Carnivalisation?

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.

3 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

No idea what this is.  
It’s far removed from what one would consider “alternative dining”, if fact it’s just a basic Main Britannia menu with a couple of below Club level tweaks.  If this is what Cunard now considers fine alternative dining at $25 pp, then one will pass.  Carnivalisation?

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.

I'll let you know when i get back.

For now, this is what is posted on the website as the sample menu for Lido alternative dining.

• Thanks 1

Hi jimbo1683, the Lido alternative menu you attached is from last year. Queen Elizabeth was trialling it as Modern British theme, and we had it last September. It was very good, much better than the typical Britannia menu, but it was only available for a few weeks and they have not offered it since. Strangely (or typical of Cunard with their lack of attention to detail), the website and the My Voyage App both show this menu instead of what is actually being currently offered.  Also even though Cunard say you can book ahead of the cruise online, it does not actually work. So wait until you are on the ship. 

• 2 weeks later...