Boston - booking excursion on ship/online/ vs getting off ship

roxievegas

We are currently on Canada/New England cruise with stop in Boston.  We did not book the Hop on Hop off bus with Princess.  We had gotten off the ship in Saguenay, Canada - the HOHO was located right off the ship and paid $30.00 CAD ($22.00 USA).  Very convenient.

Now this morning we get off the ship and see the HOHO bus - asked the uniformed man where to get tickets and how much.  He said $50.00 per person and we had to walk all the way to the end of terminal and look for a white tent.  There are currently 3 ships in port and we are at the far end, so it was at least a mile walk to get to the tent.  There were 50 -100 people standing in line waiting for the bus to show up.  We waited in line to buy tickets and then we were told it was $63.00 pp + tax, so around $70.00 each.

I heard one of the workers say that they did not know that there would be 3 ships in port and they hadn't planned on so many people.  We decided not to wait or pay that price.

Princess excursion to buy HOHO is on the website for $59.00 pp

On Line when I googled HOHO Boston - $44.00 - $50.00 pp depending on the company you want to purchase the tickets from

Outside on your own - $70.00

Next time I will do more research for using the HOHO bus.  When we did our Baltic cruise years ago, every stop on the HOHO buses and they were right outside the port close to the ship

49 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Yikes!  Thanks for the update.  We’re on the Enchanted in early October.  I thought about just purchasing the HOHO tickets once we got to Boston—so glad I pre purchased!  Paid $70 pp.  That excursion is sold out of my cruise.

Also heard, there might only be the HoHO buses princess offers in Ict.

not sure, but saw a post about this for Boston.

we take a taxi to Quincy Market and walk around from there.

45 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

we asked a taxi driver how much to go to Quincy Market and he replied "i don't know, whatever comes up on the meter"

you would think he would have some idea 

Even if the driver did not speak English which was a distinct possibility he should have been able to find the fare on his cell phone.

Use this  - https://www.taxi-calculator.com/

DON

Edited by donaldsc