Disembarkation at Seattle

jamesnnb

Did anyone get caught in the Seattle airport fiasco last Sunday and/or Monday?  The line to go through the TSA was out and into the parking lot! Yikes. According to the news/footage, so many missed their flight even arriving at the airport 2+ hours in advance. Not just cruise passengers, of course. 
We got off the Quantum on Monday Sept 12 and had no troubles at the airport but we’re not pleased with the “walk off’ procedure. There was one long line we joined at 6.00am running all the way back to the aft. When it got too long, they started a new line running towards the stern so those coming on down after 7am or so got directed to this new line and when they started disembarkation they just meshed the two lines. It was not a popular move. Don’t know if this is the way it always is. It looked like those come to deck 5 once the line started to move, just joined in and exited. No one to direct the maddening crowd. 
On a positive note, the Port Vallet works like a charm. Free! You can sign up before you sail and get a confirmation number and you are all set. Put your bags outside your cabin the night before and you get your boarding pass. You next see your bags at your final destination. Sweet!

14 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Walk off Seattle will be relatively busy most cruises, a wise man once said; book a later flight… no issues

Agree, post Cruise Airports I usually Fly out 1-2pm or later. More then once lines experienced lines out of were out the door where Flights were missed but not by me

8 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, post Cruise Airports I usually Fly out 1-2pm or later. More then once lines experienced lines out of were out the door where Flights were missed but not by me

We didn’t miss ours as our flt was the week before — but I think this past Sun/Mon was something else. Google it. Out the door and into the parking lot. Crowds in the parking lot with no hope….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamesnnb said:

We didn’t miss ours as our flt was the week before — but I think this past Sun/Mon was something else. Google it. Out the door and into the parking lot. Crowds in the parking lot with no hope….

Understand, thanks.  Worst experiences I've had is Port Everglades surprisingly at Pier #18 and at Ft Lauderdale, multiple times. Though one of the times was couple hrs after Shoe Bomber incident, just got off Cruise and was trying figure out why we needed to remove our Shoes at FLL

4 hours ago, jamesnnb said:

Did anyone get caught in the Seattle airport fiasco last Sunday and/or Monday?  The line to go through the TSA was out and into the parking lot! Yikes. According to the news/footage, so many missed their flight even arriving at the airport 2+ hours in advance. Not just cruise passengers, of course. 
We got off the Quantum on Monday Sept 12 and had no troubles at the airport but we’re not pleased with the “walk off’ procedure. There was one long line we joined at 6.00am running all the way back to the aft. When it got too long, they started a new line running towards the stern so those coming on down after 7am or so got directed to this new line and when they started disembarkation they just meshed the two lines. It was not a popular move. Don’t know if this is the way it always is. It looked like those come to deck 5 once the line started to move, just joined in and exited. No one to direct the maddening crowd. 
On a positive note, the Port Vallet works like a charm. Free! You can sign up before you sail and get a confirmation number and you are all set. Put your bags outside your cabin the night before and you get your boarding pass. You next see your bags at your final destination. Sweet!

Free! Port Valet.. thanks, great news.

We love it, but was charged $30/luggage last year out of Seattle/Ovation...a small amount to pay for the convenience. :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

We love it, but was charged $30/luggage last year out of Seattle/Ovation...a small amount to pay for the convenience. 

Any charge like that would have been by your airline charging their own baggage fees. The Port of Seattle doesn't charge foe Port Valet. 

Also, with Port Valet, luggage is not weighed, so unlike checking your bags at the airport counter and paying a surcharge for bags weighing over 50 lbs, folks using Port Valet skip paying any overweight surcharge.

• Thanks 1