Wi-Fi Prices

geejay

We are thinking of upgrading to Princess Plus or Premium and are trying to decide if it would be worth it as we don't drink much - none for Gary, maybe one or two a day for me. I cannot find the price of wi-fi. We haven't cruised since Princess started charging Elite 50% for internet. Thanks for any help!

We need more info.  What is your itinerary and cruise length?  Sounds strange but those could very well factor into the decision.  Some itineraries are notorious for having almost non-existent wifi available.  Keep in mind that Plus includes crew tips.  That's not insignificant.

Let's make sure we are on the same page here.  You've already booked, right?  Did you book using the basic fare, Princess Plus or Premium fare packages?  It *sounds* like maybe you've booked "Basic" and are now wanting (maybe) to add a separate beverage package. (?) We *always" book the middle package (Plus fare) just because it includes internet, gratuities and the Plus beverage package.  We're not big drinkers either...but just want to "simplify" the entire experience.  It's quite possible that we don't drink enough to warrant the Plus Beverage package...but we just don't want to have to think about it during our cruise.

The Plus package costs $100/day ($50/person/day)

WiFi is $5/day for 1 device, $10/day for 4 devices (after 50% platinum/elite discount)

Gratuities are about $30/day for 2 people in a balcony cabin (varies by cabin type)

This leaves $60/day for drinks. 

In my case, my wife doesn't drink at all (she usually gets the soda package) and I drink only a bit, so much cheaper for me to buy any drinks separately..

(Note: Your mileage may vary)

6 minutes ago, OccasionalSanta said:

The Plus package costs $100/day ($50/person/day)

WiFi is $5/day for 1 device, $10/day for 4 devices (after 50% platinum/elite discount)

Gratuities are about $30/day for 2 people in a balcony cabin (varies by cabin type)

This leaves $60/day for drinks. 

In my case, my wife doesn't drink at all (she usually gets the soda package) and I drink only a bit, so much cheaper for me to buy any drinks separately..

(Note: Your mileage may vary)

Also, add to that list:  What the soda package costs, water if you buy prepurchased bottles $7.08 for 12 bottles and coffee package if you buy thats $37 for 15 specialty coffees.

Drinks I figure are about $12 each, some higher or lower.

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Also, add to that list:  What the soda package costs, water if you buy prepurchased bottles $7.08 for 12 bottles and coffee package if you buy thats $37 for 15 specialty coffees.

Soda package is $12/day which still leaves me $48/day and makes it cheaper for me to buy a 12-pack of water and an occasional drink (typically <1 per day) individually.

Granted that I may be in minority

On 9/21/2022 at 11:52 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Something else to consider: since OP is elite, he could trade his mini-bar for the coffee pkg (and buy a drink pkg or not, depending on alcohol needs).

I don't drink at all, DH has an occasional Dirty Banana...that's it. We drink the free tap water. So the Basic fare is our first choice.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 7:40 AM, bobloblaw007 said:

If you buy WIFI a few days into the cruise, is it prorated or you still pay the same price for the whole itinerary.? 

MedallionNet costs $15/day for single device on board, whereas $10/day if purchased in advance.  Single day rate on board is $20/day.  I don't know of a definitive answer, but I could see you getting charged $15/day for duration of voyage if purchased near the beginning.  Later on, I don't see why they wouldn't look to charge you $20.

Example:  But internet in advance for 7-night cruise and costs you $70.  Buy it with five days left in the voyage and you pay $75.

• Like 1