Pickelball and cruising?

AliceS

Yes….you can play pickelball on most lines….not Celebrity?   They turned the sports court into something for suites.   I don’t cruise to play pickelball….but it’s a plus if I can.   I can’t here!   Makes one think

Not sure if this is correct as I don't know of all the ships.   

I was just on Summit (M-Class post Revolution) and the Basketball Court which is also used for Pickle Ball is AFT forward of the Big  Screen.  It is available to all passengers.    Someone asked me if they supplied balls and paddles so I looked in the benches and yes there were Pickle Ball paddles and balls.

I believe you are correct on the S-Class that have gone through Revolution but are probably there on the ones that have not still have them also.

Edge Class to the best of my knowledge do not nor have they ever had a basketball / Pickle Ball area.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

I get that  Pickle ball is the new rage..but it is very noisy when the paddle and ball connect , and the sound def travels!  Would hate to have a cabin anywhere near that activity.  

Not really new - started in the 1960s.  Really a cool story as to how and why it started.  But it is fun for all ages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Not really new - started in the 1960s.  Really a cool story as to how and why it started.  But it is fun for all ages.

You will have to tell the story.  I always wondered about the name of the game but never got around to googling on it.

13 hours ago, hcat said:

I get that  Pickle ball is the new rage..but it is very noisy when the paddle and ball connect , and the sound def travels!  Would hate to have a cabin anywhere near that activity.  

the sports courts are nowhere near cabins.

21 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

I Googeled on the origin of the name of the game.

When you first learn about the sport, the name “pickleball” often produces a laugh, especially since no pickles are involved. But there is some debate on how the name was originated.

There are two different accounts.

The first account is according to Joan Pritchard, Joel Pritchard, she started calling the game pickleball because the combination of different sports reminded her of the pickle boat in crew where oarsmen were chosen from the leftovers of the other boats.

The second account from Barney McCallum says pickleball was named after Pritchard’s dog Pickles, who would chase the ball and run with it. Some believe Pickles was named after the game because he didn’t join the family until a couple of years after the game was created.

I've been accused of being pickled, but not in the usage referring to this sporting game. My knees rebelled years ago.  The sport is the rage here in Florida among my contemporaries of retirement age. I recommend that Celebrity consider having it onboard.