2024 brochure

silversurf

1 hour ago, Medeba said:

Well the 2024 preview brochure has arrived before March - just! Sad to see that Svalbard is not on the menu.

Just had a quck flip through it. Surprised by the large number of British Isles cruises. Otherwise Summer programme largely divided between Scandinavia/Arctic and the Mediterranean. Not much to the Eastern Baltic.

The call is awaited!

12 hours ago, Denarius said:

Just had a quck flip through it. Surprised by the large number of British Isles cruises. Otherwise Summer programme largely divided between Scandinavia/Arctic and the Mediterranean. Not much to the Eastern Baltic.

The call is awaited!

Yes, I too thought there were a lot of British Isles offerings. I cancelled my call for the winter cruises (didn't realise I signed up for that!) and transferred my option to the summer ones so I expect I will be at the end of the call list. 

Newbie question folks.

Looking for some input from those experienced Saga cruisers who have dealt with the pre-registration process before.

We enjoyed our first Saga ocean cruise last June on SoD and learned about the pre-registration process while on board. Signed up for the 2024 summer brochure and received the outline details by email yesterday.

I know that we will now receive a call at some point to find out if we are interested in any of the itineraries on offer. However I'm not sure what the procedure is when that call materialises.

Are we required to commit immediately to a chosen cruise (or cruises) and pay a deposit over the phone or will Saga note our choice and send a follow-up email with a link to make the deposit payment?

My concerns arise from the fact that we are off to Cyprus on 5th March for 7 days and I'm worried that the call may come while we are there. Also not sure what contact details Saga will use. I'm fairly sure that I've given them my mobile number but they could also have my home number which clearly won't be answered if they call during the time we're in Cyprus.

If I get their call on my mobile in Cyprus, I'm not sure I would be comfortable with disclosing bank details over the phone to complete any deposit payment. I would much rather do it back in the UK by bank transfer or over a more secure phone connection.

It could all be a bit academic if we are well down the pecking order in terms of pre-registration priority. However any advice or comments would be welcome.

Saga will ring you & give prices on any Cruises you are interested in. It is up to you if you proceed & if not your pre-registration money is refunded. For this years Cruises the E-Brochure was issued at the beginning of March 2022 & I had a call mid March. If will depend on how large the pre-registration list is but is likely that the 2024 programme will not go on General Sale until the beginning of April.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arlowood said:

Newbie question folks.

Looking for some input from those experienced Saga cruisers who have dealt with the pre-registration process before.

We enjoyed our first Saga ocean cruise last June on SoD and learned about the pre-registration process while on board. Signed up for the 2024 summer brochure and received the outline details by email yesterday.

I know that we will now receive a call at some point to find out if we are interested in any of the itineraries on offer. However I'm not sure what the procedure is when that call materialises.

Are we required to commit immediately to a chosen cruise (or cruises) and pay a deposit over the phone or will Saga note our choice and send a follow-up email with a link to make the deposit payment?

My concerns arise from the fact that we are off to Cyprus on 5th March for 7 days and I'm worried that the call may come while we are there. Also not sure what contact details Saga will use. I'm fairly sure that I've given them my mobile number but they could also have my home number which clearly won't be answered if they call during the time we're in Cyprus.

If I get their call on my mobile in Cyprus, I'm not sure I would be comfortable with disclosing bank details over the phone to complete any deposit payment. I would much rather do it back in the UK by bank transfer or over a more secure phone connection.

It could all be a bit academic if we are well down the pecking order in terms of pre-registration priority. However any advice or comments would be welcome.

When Saga contact you they will take payment for a deposit over the phone if you decide to book.  We pre-registered a couple of years in advance, and were contacted 13th March 2022 to book this year’s cruise. If you pre-registered last June it’s unlikely that you will get a call before mid March, but to be on the safe side you  could contact Saga and let them know your holiday dates and preferred contact number so that they can make a note on your records.  Enjoy your holiday!

• Like 1

Received by email 2024 cruises. Main problem, no prices. Also trying to work out how long the cruise is, this is a bit of a faff.

we need a standard accessible cabin and there are only two in this category.

So whole process is rather unsatisfactory for us.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LandC said:

When Saga contact you they will take payment for a deposit over the phone if you decide to book.  We pre-registered a couple of years in advance, and were contacted 13th March 2022 to book this year’s cruise. If you pre-registered last June it’s unlikely that you will get a call before mid March, but to be on the safe side you  could contact Saga and let them know your holiday dates and preferred contact number so that they can make a note on your records.  Enjoy your holiday!

HI L&C

Thanks for your helpful input.

I did reach out to Saga via their email pro-forma on the website. Despite saying that it could take them up to 24 hrs to respond, I had a reply within 2 hrs from a helpful young lady.

She asked me to provide my advanced registration booking number, the dates of our holiday and details of a contact number while we are away.

This information has now been noted against my booking number and will be taken into account if our call falls during the time we are away.

People who registered in 2020 have posted that they have received their calls, so I'm guessing (and hoping) that the time taken to call all the 2020, 2021 and half of the 2022 contingent means that we will be home again before our turn comes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio41 said:

Just had my AR phone call to book 2024 and OH, who is now in the dog house, hasn't even looked at the brochure. 😱

If you don't mind me asking, when did you pre-register. Just trying to get a handle on whether our call might come next week when we will be in Cyprus. FYI, we pre-registered in June 2022

Edited by arlowood

15 hours ago, arlowood said:

If you don't mind me asking, when did you pre-register. Just trying to get a handle on whether our call might come next week when we will be in Cyprus. FYI, we pre-registered in June 2022

A year ago this month. Passed on the Winter release call  to wait for Summer 2024

44 minutes ago, Denarius said:

What happens if you are not at home when they call you?

They will usually leave you a message asking you to ring them back but I don't know what happens if your phone doesn't allow messages to be left (presumably they will try again sometime).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

What happens if you are not at home when they call you?

I’m sure they will try later or the next day.

We didn’t have any cruises picked out to price up when we got the call. The lady called us back the following morning

4 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Thanks for that. It won't open, though. 

This is the file in downloads and it's not openable:

Saga2024.pdf
2.57 MB content-restricted.invisioncic.com

Thanks for trying. 

It could be your 'phone settings that's causing the problem, if you have an add blocker try turning that off

• Thanks 1