MedallionClass App Captain Circle Status problem?

phabric

UPDATE -

I called on Saturday and talked to Ocean Ready transferred to Customer Service.  Customer Service agent was helpful.  She said Princess now (after many updates) uses email address, name, phone number to recognize you.  My daughter uses my email for somethings and is blue maybe that is why my APP shows me as blue.  It showed I had 2 Captain Circle numbers and my cabin friend also 2 Captain Circle numbers.  I don’t know why the other account numbers.

Customer Services agent made the corrections. Ocean Ready and Customer Services said would take 24 hours to correct.

Today, no correction made.  It still showed full price for Net and blue.  I called Ocean Ready, she said would send email to tech Dept to correct.  

I called back to Shore Excursion Dept to ask about an excursion on another cruise.  She could not help for the excursion question I had.  She transferred me to a Customer Service agent.  Again no help for the excursion question I had.  I asked about purchasing NET through her.  She said no, she would send an email to Ocean Ready.

Maybe a hour later, I received a phone call to say APP now shows Elite status . While on the phone I logged into the APP and it shows 50% discount for NET for all my cruises.

After many hours on the phone, Live Chat, the APP is finally resolved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We have an upcoming cruise in November and will finally be sailing at the Platinum level.  When we log into our Princess accounts, we both are now listed as Platinum, also showing on our travel summary.  

When I ordered our Medallions on the app., the first order showed us as Ruby.  Ok, I figured since I ordered the Medallions shortly after we returned from our last Princess cruise in May, our accounts hadn't been updated yet (completing the May cruise finally put us into Platinum status).  Fast forward to Aug., checked the Medallion order again, found we hadn't been upgraded to Platinum, so decided to just cancel the 1st order and reorder both our medallions.  Now, in Sept., just 2 months before sailing, was checking the app. and, lo and behold, mine shows I'm platinum, but DH shows as ruby.   Have used Live Chat, speaking to our Princess CVP and talking to the dept. that handles medallion issues.  No luck.  All I get is wait until we get to the port....ugghh....

Why is it so hard to get something as simple as this straightened out?

3 hours ago, phabric said:

UPDATE -

I called on Saturday and talked to Ocean Ready transferred to Customer Service.  Customer Service agent was helpful.  She said Princess now (after many updates) uses email address, name, phone number to recognize you.  My daughter uses my email for somethings and is blue maybe that is why my APP shows me as blue.  It showed I had 2 Captain Circle numbers and my cabin friend also 2 Captain Circle numbers.  I don’t know why the other account numbers.

Customer Services agent made the corrections. Ocean Ready and Customer Services said would take 24 hours to correct.

Today, no correction made.  It still showed full price for Net and blue.  I called Ocean Ready, she said would send email to tech Dept to correct.  

I called back to Shore Excursion Dept to ask about an excursion on another cruise.  She could not help for the excursion question I had.  She transferred me to a Customer Service agent.  Again no help for the excursion question I had.  I asked about purchasing NET through her.  She said no, she would send an email to Ocean Ready.

Maybe a hour later, I received a phone call to say APP now shows Elite status . While on the phone I logged into the APP and it shows 50% discount for NET for all my cruises.

Glad they finally fixed it. I still believe it

is an App problem.  Don’t believe it was your daughter. She should have her own account.

Buy that internet quickly before they change something else. 😳

Also, duplicate CC accounts..did you register again on the website because you couldn’t sign in?  Some have reregistered and that causes issues.

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

We have an upcoming cruise in November and will finally be sailing at the Platinum level.  When we log into our Princess accounts, we both are now listed as Platinum, also showing on our travel summary.  

When I ordered our Medallions on the app., the first order showed us as Ruby.  Ok, I figured since I ordered the Medallions shortly after we returned from our last Princess cruise in May, our accounts hadn't been updated yet (completing the May cruise finally put us into Platinum status).  Fast forward to Aug., checked the Medallion order again, found we hadn't been upgraded to Platinum, so decided to just cancel the 1st order and reorder both our medallions.  Now, in Sept., just 2 months before sailing, was checking the app. and, lo and behold, mine shows I'm platinum, but DH shows as ruby.   Have used Live Chat, speaking to our Princess CVP and talking to the dept. that handles medallion issues.  No luck.  All I get is wait until we get to the port....ugghh....

Your medallion should reflect your status when you sail. You are hoping to get the correct color in the mail, I presume?

What does the App show when your DW signs into her account?  Ruby or Platinum?  When you click on her photo and you see the seawitch is is black or red?

Is the website correct for both of you?

If it’s just the App that is wrong, you could call PCL first thing tmrw morning and ask for the Medallion App team and tell them to correct on the App.  

If they 

don’t fix it before you go, GS OB can verify the Platinum status and switch out the medallion.  It only takes a couple of mins.

Edited by PacnGoNow

35 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Glad they finally fixed it. I still believe it

is an App problem.  Don’t believe it was your daughter. She should have her own account.

Buy that internet quickly before they change something else. 😳

Also, duplicate CC accounts..did you register again on the website because you couldn’t sign in?  Some have reregistered and that causes issues.

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

I don’t think it was my daughter’s status.  It should have seen the booking did not have her name on it.  My agent said Princess has made a few changes to their computer system recently.   The APP has had many many problems since it came out.

I was able to book Dine My Way in advance as Elite.

I booked my NET as soon as I hung up the phone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Also read post 26, @phabric for their experience.

6 hours ago, phabric said:

UPDATE -

Is it going to hold though?  Hopefully your daughter has called to update her profile and use her own email.  IMO, any account with any service provider that allows the same email on two accounts is a No-No.  As a matter of fact, most "smart" organizations have an edit for this and will generate an error that the email being attempted to register is already in use.  Looks like another example of PPIT (Princess Porous Information Technology).

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Your medallion should reflect your status when you sail. You are hoping to get the correct color in the mail, I presume?

What does the App show when your DW signs into her account?  Ruby or Platinum?  When you click on her photo and you see the seawitch is is black or red?

Is the website correct for both of you?

If it’s just the App that is wrong, you could call PCL first thing tmrw morning and ask for the Medallion App team and tell them to correct on the App.  

If they 

don’t fix it before you go, GS OB can verify the Platinum status and switch out the medallion.  It only takes a couple of mins.

Thanks for your response.  Yes, we want to receive the correct color of Medallion (in our case, Platinum) in the mail before we cruise.    As I stated, our Princess accounts both show our correct status, both when I log in and when my husband logs in, respectively.  It's the app. that is incorrect.  Of course, it's not really shocking, seeing how many issues the app. has had since the get-go.   Our Princess CVP didn't seem to have any answers, other than to suggest we have someone at the terminal correct it when we check-in.  I got a similar response from the person I connected with on "Live Chat'.  I called Princess yesterday and spoke to a girl from the Medallion App staff.  She said she sent a message to one of her "higher-ups" (her words).   

Not holding our breath for any further action, so will just wait until boarding day to have them straighten out hubby's status level.

While it is disappointing to not have the correct color on your medallions when boarding it will not make any difference as one of the party is Platinum.   Once on board, or if you want to waste time at check in,  the sticker denoting level will be replaced.

9 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Thanks for your response.  Yes, we want to receive the correct color of Medallion (in our case, Platinum) in the mail before we cruise.    As I stated, our Princess accounts both show our correct status, both when I log in and when my husband logs in, respectively.  It's the app. that is incorrect.  Of course, it's not really shocking, seeing how many issues the app. has had since the get-go.   Our Princess CVP didn't seem to have any answers, other than to suggest we have someone at the terminal correct it when we check-in.  I got a similar response from the person I connected with on "Live Chat'.  I called Princess yesterday and spoke to a girl from the Medallion App staff.  She said she sent a message to one of her "higher-ups" (her words).   

Not holding our breath for any further action, so will just wait until boarding day to have them straighten out hubby's status level.

Maybe someone in the IT team will correct it. It may still come in the mail with the correct color. They usually arrive about 10-14 days before sailing.

But, when you arrive at the port, don’t bother going to the checkin area, just go through the green lane, if there is one and onto the ship.  You can stop at GS anytime and change it. Really only a few minutes.

Would be interesting to know if it arrives with the correct color. LMK

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Maybe someone in the IT team will correct it. It may still come in the mail with the correct color. They usually arrive about 10-14 days before sailing.

But, when you arrive at the port, don’t bother going to the checkin area, just go through the green lane, if there is one and onto the ship.  You can stop at GS anytime and change it. Really only a few minutes.

Would be interesting to know if it arrives with the correct color. LMK

Yep...anxious to see which color DH ends up with...LOL...we'll just try to have it fixed on sailing day.

In the grand scheme of things, it isn't a big deal, of course.  Just glad we're sailing again!

Thanks!

I'm happy to report that Ocean Ready crew called back and left a message this afternoon (yes on a Sunday, call probably from oversea which is their Monday) and informed me that the 50% discount medallion net purchase issue has been resolved on the app.  I immediately logged onto the app and purchased it for my upcoming cruise.

For reference, I called last Wednesday 9/28, first talked to a customer rep who seemed to have dealt with this issue before and asked her to check if I have more than one captain circle account.  She checked and there wasn't so she transferred me to Ocean Ready.  The rep at Ocean Ready whom I talked to also gave me the impression that she had dealt with this before and said she would open a ticket.  It would take a few days and she would call me back for an update.  She did keep her words!

13 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

I'm happy to report that Ocean Ready crew called back and left a message this afternoon (yes on a Sunday, call probably from oversea which is their Monday) and informed me that the 50% discount medallion net purchase issue has been resolved on the app.  I immediately logged onto the app and purchased it for my upcoming cruise.

For reference, I called last Wednesday 9/28, first talked to a customer rep who seemed to have dealt with this issue before and asked her to check if I have more than one captain circle account.  She checked and there wasn't so she transferred me to Ocean Ready.  The rep at Ocean Ready whom I talked to also gave me the impression that she had dealt with this before and said she would open a ticket.  It would take a few days and she would call me back for an update.  She did keep her words!

That’s great.

I wonder if they did a fix for everyone on the Princess App now, or just your individual record?

Seems others reported this error also.

Thanks for the feedback.

The App has just been updated.

Today, when I logged into the APP it said-

”Good evening (my name)”

At the bottom of the cruise page it shows -

Home, Order, Journey, Compass, Profile

It never had these before.  Maybe with the lastest updates they make changes.

I noticed the new changes to the app and was pleasantly surprised.  We are on Sky Princess for 4 weeks and I couldn't get my DMW times that I had reserved for the same time the entire cruise.  Now it shows for entire voyage.  Also, appears I can input some of my DH info so he won't need to input so much himself (he's got big fingers).