Night swimming

Crismess669

I am Team Nightswimming. I always hop in the pool at hotels before bed, but I wasn’t sure if this was a thing on Carnival

Are pools open after dark? If so, are they open all night? Will a lifeguard creepily stand nearby if I’m swimming in a pool alone at night? What time do they drain all the urine from the pool?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Crismess669 said:

Are pools open after dark? If so, are they open all night? Will a lifeguard creepily stand nearby if I’m swimming in a pool alone at night? What time do they drain all the urine from the pool?

After dark, yes (at least some pools and hot tubs) but not all night.  Pretty sure everything gets drained at night and refilled in the morning. 

Carnival doesn't have lifeguards but rather pool attendants (or some similar title). Basically they'll do what they can to save you but the pools are still "swim at your risk" and "watch your own kids," so Carnival avoids the liability if a real lifeguard acts negligently and fails to save someone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crismess669 said:

I am Team Nightswimming. I always hop in the pool at hotels before bed, but I wasn’t sure if this was a thing on Carnival

Also depends what ship you are on. Different pools have different times on different ships. But yes every ship ive ever been on at least keeps one pool open until like 10 or 11.

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, chengkp75 said:

Main pools are typically drained only once a week.  Hot tubs nightly.

Unless there's an incident where it becomes a health problem for others.

19 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Unless there's an incident where it becomes a health problem for others.

See recently revived thread on babies in swim diapers or who are not potty trained in the pool. Someone's little angel, to whom the rules don't apply, drops a 💩 in the pool and shuts it down for everyone else until it can be drained, disinfected, and refilled. Sometimes that doesn't happen until the nightly cleaning so the pool is closed for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

See recently revived thread on babies in swim diapers or who are not potty trained in the pool. Someone's little angel, to whom the rules don't apply, drops a 💩 in the pool and shuts it down for everyone else until it can be drained, disinfected, and refilled. Sometimes that doesn't happen until the nightly cleaning so the pool is closed for the rest of the day.

While you are correct, there is always more that you can't see. A public pool is pretty much a guarantee to be swimming in urine and fecal matter from adults.

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

While you are correct, there is always more that you can't see. A public pool is pretty much a guarantee to be swimming in urine and fecal matter from adults.

That's of course why they're chlorinated, but chlorination isn't enough for a Baby Ruth or a swim diaper full of runny 💩 in the pool.