Celebrity Silhouette - Fetch your own drinks from the bar...

prothed

8 hours ago, Homosassa said:

There is a tiramisu martini at the Martini Bar on the Millennium.

I never had it as the Black Forest Martini was my dessert drink choice.

I love those Black Forest Martinis......but one is great, 2 knocks my socks off 🙂

Just now, dlh015 said:

Then don't wear socks!!   (<---this is a joke of course...)

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

Howling with laughter!  was wondering how long it would take for someone with a sense of humor responded to my post! 

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

I love those Black Forest Martinis......but one is great, 2 knocks my socks off 🙂

Well I am glad I don't drink any more!  Wait, then what the hell am I doing with the premium beverage package???

• Haha 2

Just now, dlh015 said:

And just what bad boy are you nursing then??

Well they do have other premium beverages, ya know the virgins, that is me these days and I'm not near as much fun as I was as a result, sad but true...

• Like 2

Just now, LGW59 said:

Well they do have other premium beverages, ya know the virgins, that is me these days and I'm not near as much fun as I was as a result, sad but true...

Got it. I'm in much the same boat as you...for me, due to an unfortunate change in health...certainly not voluntarily. But that's okay, life is still a cabaret...and I can understand the words better...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Got it. I'm in much the same boat as you...for me, due to an unfortunate change in health...certainly not voluntarily. But that's okay, life is still a cabaret...and I can understand the words better...  

I’ll drink to that!  Pelegríno and lemon of course, my treat!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CNSfromHI said:

Could you not get a Diet Coke?

My point was that not everyone complaining about the lousy drinks service is an alcoholic looking for booze. Servers also bring sodas, water, etc.

I rarely was able to get a beverage attendant's attention regardless of the beverage I wanted at the time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wineoclock said:

I don’t think so.

Years ago I was on an escalator & a young child asked her mum why people were on escalator rather than the stairs like they were. The mum said because we were lazy. Mainly people who were elderly & me, with my walking stick.

My point is you never know why people can’t do something & shouldn’t judge. 

Also I’ve paid for a product or service I expect their side of the bargain to be fulfilled. I won’t mind once or twice but regularly then I’ll be looking elsewhere.

I consider Celebrity to be like a 5* hotel. I don’t expect to queue for service in 5* hotels. Maybe I’m wrong & its 4* in which case they need to lower their prices. I’d not be surprised to queue for a drink in a 4* hotel. 

Gonna have to disagree.  Yes, there is wait staff. But there does exist the possibility that maybe they are all busy at that moment? So haven forbid you might actually have to get up and get a drink yourself? It happens. And to me, if people complain(about just everything on here), that’s laziness.  If it’s not this, it’s people complaining about following rules, to just about everything else.  You’re on a cruise, not a private yacht. I have been on 10 cruises in my lifetime.  The thing that really makes me wonder is how people like to throw the statement “I’m elite status”, like it’s their right to be snobby(a lot of them are), and that they should be given priority treatment over everyone else.  I’ve seen it happen multiple times on Celebrity. Don’t do that crap in front of me.  I will call you out as a Karen.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, bdstickks0944 said:

Whatever.  It’s amusing to me to see all the people complain about having to go get a drink. It’s called laziness. 

Not lazy but I'm not carrying two, full to the brim, Martinis back to our table as they would never get there :-)

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

Not lazy but I'm not carrying two, full to the brim, Martinis back to our table as they would never get there 🙂

Definitely agree with that. Virtually impossible to carry 2 full martinis without a tray. I would have to take a few sips to make it easier. 🍸😁

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

My point was that not everyone complaining about the lousy drinks service is an alcoholic looking for booze. Servers also bring sodas, water, etc.

I rarely was able to get a beverage attendant's attention regardless of the beverage I wanted at the time.

Wasn't trying to trigger a flame war; mine was a sincere question and nothing to do with ABV.

My wife is a Diet Coke devotee, too, but we had no problem getting 'em on our recent cruise, whether at a bar, restaurant, stocked in our stateroom, etc. Sorry if your experience was different.

cjr

8 hours ago, laslomas said:

Definitely agree with that. Virtually impossible to carry 2 full martinis without a tray. I would have to take a few sips to make it easier. 🍸😁

That would be me....take a few sips from each so as not to slop.......then not need a drink to my destination!!!  🙂

There was an interesting video on you tube recently from Chris Wong, a team member on Royal Caribbean. He was explaining that most ships, Royal anyway, are now running at 100% occupancy. Staffing issues are still present and apparently, Royal has hired over 10,000 new crew members since the beginning of the year, across the entire fleet.  He explained that having that many new crew members will very likely affect passenger's cruising experience. He said many passengers are expecting cruising to be back to the pre-pandemic experience and that that is probably unrealistic. Between crew members quarantining if they get the virus and/or being new, there are still challenges.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Desert Diamond said:

There was an interesting video on you tube recently from Chris Wong, a team member on Royal Caribbean. He was explaining that most ships, Royal anyway, are now running at 100% occupancy. Staffing issues are still present and apparently, Royal has hired over 10,000 new crew members since the beginning of the year, across the entire fleet.  He explained that having that many new crew members will very likely affect passenger's cruising experience. He said many passengers are expecting cruising to be back to the pre-pandemic experience and that that is probably unrealistic. Between crew members quarantining if they get the virus and/or being new, there are still challenges.  

Thank you!  You made some excellent points; especially with respect to recalibrating expectations from pre-panic to post-pandemic cruise experiences.  You also omitted the fact that a number or pre-pandemic crew came from the Ukraine & Russian states, but the current war has reduced that number.  (A Ukrainian crew member on our August cruise spoke to us at length about this.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Thank you!  You made some excellent points; especially with respect to recalibrating expectations from pre-panic to post-pandemic cruise experiences.  You also omitted the fact that a number or pre-pandemic crew came from the Ukraine & Russian states, but the current war has reduced that number.  (A Ukrainian crew member on our August cruise spoke to us at length about this.) 

The cruise pricing I’ve checked post pandemic are quite higher that what we paid pre pandemic. With higher prices come higher expectations and in some cases it seems just the opposite is happening. No recalibrating expectations by us. Three years without cruising and it’s getting easier by the day.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

The cruise pricing I’ve checked post pandemic are quite higher that what we paid pre pandemic. With higher prices come higher expectations and in some cases it seems just the opposite is happening. No recalibrating expectations by us. Three years without cruising and it’s getting easier by the day.

I am with you on this, if I pay more I do not expect less.

Looking ahead to 2023 the prices are way higher than pre pandemic and the latest online Celebrity Brochure 2023/24 states: Unrivalled Service - with an almost 2:1 guest to staff ratio. They also boast the "most awarded wine collection at sea". This is what they are selling, so it is not wrong to expect at least that. Plus, I have read in this forum of disappointment that many wines are unavailable.

I will be onboard in a couple of weeks and at least have now been pre-warned of the lack of bar service. I am not looking forward to the prospect of possibly waiting a long time for service or having to go to a bar to get a drink. Many bars have seating around them and being on the short side, I often get overlooked, and people become queue jumpers without even realising it sometimes. I am hoping, fingers crossed, I will be pleasantly surprised and it will not be as bad as I fear. 

• Like 3

I agree if we are paying more then I expect either the same service as pre pandemic or better. 

I really don’t understand why I’m meant to give Celebrity a break about service. The staff yes, as it’s not their fault, but not Celebrity itself; they aren’t doing me a favour for allowing me to sailing on their ships. I’m paying for the privilege. And very happy & excited to do so. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Those who sit at the bar (bar flies ) are similar to sun lounge hoggers.

Get your drink and move letting those that want a drink to get in.

Why when you say ‘excuse me’ do the bar flies move their shoulders together with the look that says you are intruding on my enjoyment.

Or they force you to shout your order over their shoulders,then complain you don’t need to be that loud.
Well!! I wouldn’t if you move.

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Those who sit at the bar (bar flies ) are similar to sun lounge hoggers.

Get your drink and move letting those that want a drink to get in.

Why when you say ‘excuse me’ do the bar flies move their shoulders together with the look that says you are intruding on my enjoyment.

Or they force you to shout your order over their shoulders,then complain you don’t need to be that loud.
Well!! I wouldn’t if you move.

Celebrity put seats at the bar for a reason! They're there to be sat on. I always wait at a part of the bar that is more open and the bar staff will get to you when they can - making eye contact helps. The only time I have to excuse myself is actually picking drinks up from the bar. I think it's all how you go about it - never had to shout over anyone's shoulder.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, laslomas said:

I am with you on this, if I pay more I do not expect less.

Looking ahead to 2023 the prices are way higher than pre pandemic and the latest online Celebrity Brochure 2023/24 states: Unrivalled Service - with an almost 2:1 guest to staff ratio. They also boast the "most awarded wine collection at sea". This is what they are selling, so it is not wrong to expect at least that. Plus, I have read in this forum of disappointment that many wines are unavailable.

I will be onboard in a couple of weeks and at least have now been pre-warned of the lack of bar service. I am not looking forward to the prospect of possibly waiting a long time for service or having to go to a bar to get a drink. Many bars have seating around them and being on the short side, I often get overlooked, and people become queue jumpers without even realising it sometimes. I am hoping, fingers crossed, I will be pleasantly surprised and it will not be as bad as I fear. 

We’ve sailed on Equinox twice this year and not had a problem with getting drinks, so don’t worry too much.  I was queue jumped a couple of times and that did wind me up to an extent.