PRIVATE CAR RENTAL THRU PRICESS IN ISTANBUL

ROXIETHEHORSE

2 hours ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

Has anyone booked the private car/driver (listed in excursions for Istanbul) through Princess for Istanbul?

Curious as to how it worked out.

TIA!

WE did  not  do  this  in  Istanbul.

We did book  private  driver in  Ireland.  It  was  the  most amazing  experience. There were 3  of us  traveling  together.  He  was  courteous,  timely,  excellent driver. He  was  very  helpful  as  we  planned  our travel day.  He  interacted with us ( this  is not usual per  the description regarding private driving not  being  a  tour  guide).  We  would definitely use  a  private  driver again  through Princess. 

• Like 2

Istanbul is the craziest traffic I have ever seen, I would never want to drive there.  I'd recommend getting taxis to get where you need to go, they are pretty cheap and abundant.  Most of the major sites are concentrated in one area that is pedestrianlized.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, laurawynne said:

Istanbul is the craziest traffic I have ever seen, I would never want to drive there.  I'd recommend getting taxis to get where you need to go, they are pretty cheap and abundant.  Most of the major sites are concentrated in one area that is pedestrianlized.

The OP asked about a private tour/driver, not about driving themselves !

49 minutes ago, cruiser113 said:

WE did  not  do  this  in  Istanbul.

We did book  private  driver in  Ireland.  It  was  the  most amazing  experience. There were 3  of us  traveling  together.  He  was  courteous,  timely,  excellent driver. He  was  very  helpful  as  we  planned  our travel day.  He  interacted with us ( this  is not usual per  the description regarding private driving not  being  a  tour  guide).  We  would definitely use  a  private  driver again  through Princess. 

Comparing a tour in Ireland to one in Turkey is somewhat absurd !

Through our roll call, we joined a private tour in Istanbul and it was perfect.

41 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The OP asked about a private tour/driver, not about driving themselves !

39 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Comparing a tour in Ireland to one in Turkey is somewhat absurd !

@wowzzSo sorry you are having a bad day.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Senga said:

@wowzzSo sorry you are having a bad day.  

I'm having a great day. On holiday in Ilfracombe,  great weather,  and the Exmoor National Park is spectacular. 

I'm still not sure about the value of comparing a tour in Ireland to Turkey. Perhaps you can enlighten us.

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm having a great day. On holiday in Ilfracombe,  great weather,  and the Exmoor National Park is spectacular. 

I'm still not sure about the value of comparing a tour in Ireland to Turkey. Perhaps you can enlighten us.

I think the info provided was not to compare Ireland to Turkey.  It is about hiring a private car/driver and how well that worked for them.   We have done that in Beijing and based on that positive experience as well as Cruiser113's, I would do it again in other areas.   

• Like 2