Best breakfast on Wonder

For our upcoming cruise on the wonder we are trying to do some research on some good breakfast options for whenever the WJ is too full. We’d probably rather skip breakfast than deal with crowds first thing in the morning. What does everyone think of breakfast at Johnny rockets compared to WJ and MDR? I know it’s complimentary so I thought it could be an interesting option. What are your favorite breakfast items/venues on the ship?

1 hour ago, cruisecontrol27 said:

For our upcoming cruise on the wonder we are trying to do some research on some good breakfast options for whenever the WJ is too full. We’d probably rather skip breakfast than deal with crowds first thing in the morning. What does everyone think of breakfast at Johnny rockets compared to WJ and MDR? I know it’s complimentary so I thought it could be an interesting option. What are your favorite breakfast items/venues on the ship?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We like to go to Johnny Rockets (menu below) and have breakfast out on the boardwalk. True outdoors seating. People watching. 

Starting on Post #53 below, I provide a photo tour of some breakfast options on the Wonder

image.thumb.png.57512feaaa4763a042625b61857a2268.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Solarium Bistro is also a breakfast favorite of mine. Pretty much anything I'd want at the Windjammer I can find at the Solarium Bistro as well. If I just want some cereals and tea, Park Cafe is the place to go. And for an old-fashioned American breakfast (for us non-Americans), Johnny Rockets is great and the outdoor seating is a plus as well. 

That breakfast shake looks great, in the past, they didn't server milkshakes. I asked since it's included in the refreshment package but was told they only started doing shakes for lunch. 

We usually try the MDR once or twice per cruise for breakfast, since it's sometimes nice to be served. But there usually was a long wait until the order arrived and more often than not they got some stuff wrong or forgot to bring it. 

Edited by Brandis

On 9/23/2022 at 10:19 PM, cruisecontrol27 said:

I'm a huge fan of the hash browns at johnny rockets for breakfast. With onions and peppers. It's a meal to me. I did find it crowded for breakfast and imo go early before there is a line. It does get busy. 

I've only done it out of florida. December will be the first chance out of Galveston and maybe it wouldnt be so crowded. .. I hope. 

Oasis had breakfast in the solarium, idk about wonder. It was more healthy and cooked cereals with toppings and that kind to me. Maybe its changed. 

We were on Harmony last week and did Park Cafe and Solarium Bistro after giving WJ one shot. Did not try MDR or Johnny Rockets for breakfast. For breakfast Solarium Bistro is more like a mini WJ and they do have oatmeal, you just have to ask for it. My wife preferred Solarium Bistro, since she likes the traditional (eggs and bacon). It didn't matter to me, since I just do oatmeal.