Door decorators - Cabin doors are not magnetic on the Prima.

ziggyuk

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

What decorations are you planning to use to decorate the bathroom door?

I bring a printed schedule of any meals or excursions I booked and a few magnets. Easier to read every day to see what I booked weeks before. Works for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoopTennis said:

Oh is this correct? This will be my first time on Norwegian. Any other interesting little tidbits?

We just got off our first cruise on the Joy. I brought magnet pictures of our dogs. The door wasn’t strong enough for the magnets to stick so we placed them on the wall next to our door. Nobody said anything and we received many compliments. 

870C3CB0-D2F7-46BB-8842-25F412D1D30C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BoopTennis said:

Oh is this correct? This will be my first time on Norwegian. Any other interesting little tidbits?

NCL banned door decorations a couple of years ago and the dailies stated that room stewards would remove decorations and place them in the stateroom....

I haven't seen recent dailies that state that decorations are banned. Also, enforcement seems to be spotty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoeyRox said:

We just got off our first cruise on the Joy. I brought magnet pictures of our dogs. The door wasn’t strong enough for the magnets to stick so we placed them on the wall next to our door. Nobody said anything and we received many compliments. 

870C3CB0-D2F7-46BB-8842-25F412D1D30C.jpeg

Why would you put pictures of your dogs in the hallway??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RoutemanDan said:

We were gone for 2 weeks and it was nice to come “home” to our girls on the cruise ship. We’re weird, but it made us happy and didn’t hurt anyone else. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, RD64 said:

RoutemanDan thanks for saying what needed to be said. Door decorations and the hiding of ducks - why??????

I was thinking door decorations and hiding of ducks are used for "How inebriated?" tests. 😉

Although, I have been guilty of the " Dry-erase message board" in the past!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ggTexasGal said:

💩?

This is a thread about 'magnetic' cabin doors and door decorations.  Another poster asked if the bathroom doors were 'magnetic'.  My curiousity was aroused and asked what decorations he was going to post to his bathroom door?

BTW, none of the doors are magnetic  They are made from ferous materials that a magnet can attach to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RoutemanDan said:

Why not? 

I'm a fan of using magnets to help us find our cabin in a sea of brown doors. Sure you can just look for the number, but seeing something familiar is always more fun than just a number.

Was on the Joy about 2 weeks ago ourselves and had a magnet on the side of the door too. Never thought about having one of our pooch made up, but just might need to consider that.

As for the bathroom question - again, some folks like to bring magnetic hooks with them so they can hang up a bathroom bag or hanging bin to help organize items easier. 

• Thanks 1

I just walk by them and think it’s silly, what annoys me is the groups you see of 10 or more checking in with the matching t-shirts. You just know they are going to be an annoying bunch crowding the bars and taking up the waiters time in the restaurants while they all hum and ho on what each person will order. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ZoeyRox said:

We were gone for 2 weeks and it was nice to come “home” to our girls on the cruise ship. We’re weird, but it made us happy and didn’t hurt anyone else. 

you do realize if you hang the pictures up inside the cabin (on the back of the door or elsewhere), you'll get to spend far more time with your girls?

i'm sure four photos didn't "hurt" anybody, but i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that few people enjoyed seeing your girls for seven days as much as you did, just as few people enjoy seeing signs wishing others a happy birthday or sweet sixteen or a christmas wreath or an easter bunny or tommy's toy train.

(which is just one reason NCL banned the practice.)

in other late breaking news, i had that very same suite two weeks ago (no joke) and had absolutely no trouble finding it without any door decorations whatsoever.

• Like 4