Request The Herald in hard copy!

JodiandFrank

The Herald is no longer placed in your cabin each night and many are missing out on activities that the staff has worked so very hard to plan for our enjoyment.  As soon as you board your ship, go to Seabourn Square and request a hard copy of The Herald.  It will be delivered to your cabin as it was…pre-Covid.

Hugs!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

We’re very pleased Seabourn is going paperless and find it incredibly easy to read The Herald in the app, so see no need to ask for a hard copy. To each their own I guess. 

You teenagers amaze me with your screen skills.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I told them to do that for all ex Crystal cruisers 😁

That’s why we got the VIP treatment! 😁

seriously,  many of the crew and senior officers told us several times how thrilled they were to have us sail on seabourn and how much they enjoyed our company and support for the crew… wry simple motto…we treat people the way we want to be treated!

Nancy

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nancygp said:

That’s why we got the VIP treatment! 😁

seriously,  many of the crew and senior officers told us several times how thrilled they were to have us sail on seabourn and how much they enjoyed our company and support for the crew… wry simple motto…we treat people the way we want to be treated!

Nancy

Indeed Nancy,the service and care is evident and I suppose that's why I have sailed with Seabourn since 1991.

Hope you enjoy your Quest trip.

The Quest is now performing well again.

4 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Indeed Nancy,the service and care is evident and I suppose that's why I have sailed with Seabourn since 1991.

Hope you enjoy your Quest trip.

The Quest is now performing well again.

thanks

haven't been sailing a lux line nor any line as long as you.  However, the service and care we experienced on crystal  for 17 years echoes your Seabourn experiences.   We were so delighted with our overall Seabourn experience last month and in some aspects, sorry but we couldn’t help making some comparisons, even better than the other line.

I’m glad things are much better on the quest and looking forward to our cruise.  Normally, we don’t have 2 sailings within such a short timeframe but we will adjust! 😂

Nancy

Just now, nancygp said:

thanks

haven't been sailing a lux line nor any line as long as you.  However, the service and care we experienced on crystal  for 17 years echoes your Seabourn experiences.   We were so delighted with our overall Seabourn experience last month and in some aspects, sorry but we couldn’t help making some comparisons, even better than the other line.

I’m glad things are much better on the quest and looking forward to our cruise.  Normally, we don’t have 2 sailings within such a short timeframe but we will adjust! 😂

Nancy

I'm so glad to hear that you had a great experience and I know it is very hard to not compare when you are on a new ship and a new to you cruise line.

Two sailings in such a short space of time is a very lovely thing and I'm sure that nobody hear is jealous of you at all.😩

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I'm so glad to hear that you had a great experience and I know it is very hard to not compare when you are on a new ship and a new to you cruise line.

Two sailings in such a short space of time is a very lovely thing and I'm sure that nobody hear is jealous of you at all.😩

We feel very blessed to be able sail on luxury cruise line and never take anything for  granted.   We never envisioned ourselves as cruisers as the few cruises we did in our 30,s and early 40’s we’re nothing special and we didn’t have lots of time for vacations.  When we embarked on our first crystal cruise in 2004 we knew in a very short time it was very special and we made crystal our annual vacation with second sailing on occasion a few times.  I will say, even though we are now in our 60’s, we still lower the age demographic …just a tad bit! 😄.   I hope we will have many more years to do what we’ve come to love.

happy sails,

Nancy

• Like 6

10 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

The Herald is no longer placed in your cabin each night and many are missing out on activities that the staff has worked so very hard to plan for our enjoyment.  As soon as you board your ship, go to Seabourn Square and request a hard copy of The Herald.  It will be delivered to your cabin as it was…pre-Covid.

Hugs!

We found this worked perfectly. We also requested paper copies of all the menus each night for the next day. After a few days of getting them every other day, we got them nightly. At this stage of my life, I do not like being forced to read everything on my phone screen. My dw simply will not do it. 

• Like 5

On 9/24/2022 at 8:58 AM, florisdekort said:

We’re very pleased Seabourn is going paperless and find it incredibly easy to read The Herald in the app, so see no need to ask for a hard copy. To each their own I guess. 

I love the Seabourn App. I'd love it more if it worked properly. On our trip in August  the information was often incorrect or the app was not working at all. Once we had to wait until the weekend was over for someone at the corporate  mother ship to reboot the system. The expedition leader would often tell folks not to pay attention to the app, listen to what he was telling us. It was so bad it was comical.  When it worked it was great to pull up menus at cocktail hour to decide where we wanted to eat, or something a simple as "where are we on Tuesday?". At least they're trying. 

On 9/24/2022 at 9:14 AM, JodiandFrank said:

Hugs!

We just got back from the Alaskan cruise on the Odyssey.  We twice requested to receive hard copies of the Herald, but never could get it delivered.  

On 9/24/2022 at 10:58 AM, florisdekort said:

I am only 40 years old and pretty tech savvy, and I found the app perfectly OK to use... but I feel like I did miss out on the planning the day with respect to activities due to no paper copy of the Herald.  I think having the Herald delivered each night would have facilitated better planning and therefore a better experience.  I used the app as an afterthought, and found myself missing some activities that I would have otherwise done, or showing up late.  Sometimes its nice to see everything laid out on paper as opposed to scrolling through a menu.  I commend them for trying to reduce waste, but I will be requesting paper copies on my next cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ciaoYacht said:

I am only 40 years old and pretty tech savvy, and I found the app perfectly OK to use... but I feel like I did miss out on the planning the day with respect to activities due to no paper copy of the Herald.  I think having the Herald delivered each night would have facilitated better planning and therefore a better experience.  I used the app as an afterthought, and found myself missing some activities that I would have otherwise done, or showing up late.  Sometimes its nice to see everything laid out on paper as opposed to scrolling through a menu.  I commend them for trying to reduce waste, but I will be requesting paper copies on my next cruise.

Indeed,tell the other tech savvy teenagers that paper is the way to go 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have no interest in taking my cell phone with me everywhere I go on a cruise.  I don't do it at home and certainly don't want to do it on vacation.  I understand saving paper, but a ship full of people glued to their phones does not sound very pleasant to me.  When we finally cruise again, we will be asking for paper copies of the Herald.  

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 11:56 AM, nancygp said:

We feel very blessed to be able sail on luxury cruise line and never take anything for  granted.   We never envisioned ourselves as cruisers as the few cruises we did in our 30,s and early 40’s we’re nothing special and we didn’t have lots of time for vacations.  When we embarked on our first crystal cruise in 2004 we knew in a very short time it was very special and we made crystal our annual vacation with second sailing on occasion a few times.  I will say, even though we are now in our 60’s, we still lower the age demographic …just a tad bit! 😄.   I hope we will have many more years to do what we’ve come to love.

happy sails,

Nancy

Mrs Banjo and I feel much the same.  We began cruising in 1990 on the Island Princess.  We moved up to our first Lux line, (Silver Sea), in the mid 1990’s and brought the average age wayyyy down, as we were still in our mid 30’s.  Now in our late 60’s, we are very happy to be getting back, after Covid, to cruising.  We take nothing for granted and we realize just how fortunate we have been and still are to have good health, and the ability to travel and cruise.  We also make it a point to always be kind and generous to the crews and staff that work hard at making life good for us, after all, that IS why we cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SLSD said:

I have no interest in taking my cell phone with me everywhere I go on a cruise.  I don't do it at home and certainly don't want to do it on vacation.  I understand saving paper, but a ship full of people glued to their phones does not sound very pleasant to me.  When we finally cruise again, we will be asking for paper copies of the Herald.  

Same here, when we cruise, the cell phone is locked in the safe and only comes out occasionally.  Paper for me please!

Boarded the Quest today and asked for paper Heralds and menus.  The Seabourn Square agent said No, not done. I said I save them and mark them up. He referred me to the stateroom TV or a copy posted in Seabourn Square. Later I asked our room steward. He will see what he can do. I'll report back the outcome.

Jackie

Edited by jsiegel
Clarity and typos

4 minutes ago, jsiegel said:

Boarded the Quest today and asked for paper Heralds and menus.  The Seabourn Square agent said No, not done. I said I save them and mark them up. He referred me to the stateroom TV or a copy posted in Seabourn Square. Later I asked our room steward. He will see what he can do. I'll report back the outcome.

Jackie

Well, that's bad news.  While computer literate, I've never used an App in my life.  And, like others, usually lock my cell phone in the safe and forget about it.  I'm all for conservation, but I think SB should be meeting your request. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jsiegel said:

Jackie

initially, that was same answer I had on the ovation but my request was honored.  Actually, by day 3, we got 2 copies of the herald nightly.

I will be on the voyage after your cruise, I will not take no for an answer. While I have no problem using my phone, ipad or TV to look up this info, I still want a hard copy as it is very convenient for nightly reading and I dont care to always access my phone for this.

Nancy

• Like 1