All-In Package - New Price

IpswichChris

We had planned to buy one all-in package for our May 2023 cruise at $79/day.  At that price, it made sense for us.  Now I see this on Windstar website:

"All Inclusive packages offer the ultimate in convenience and value with Wi-Fi, unlimited beer, wine and cocktails, and gratuities for just $79 per guest per day for 2022 departures and $89 per guest per day for 2023 and beyond departures, effective October 5, 2022..."

At $79/day, one all-in package made sense for us even if we ended leaving some money at the table; at $89/day, not sure the convenience is worth it.  Am wondering if this wording means that we can still get the package for $79/day if we sign up for it before October 5. I hope so!

According to my TA, this is what she received from Windstar. 

“Starting October 5, our All-Inclusive Fares for 2023 and beyond departures will increase to $89 per guest, per day, so make your All-Inclusive bookings today before the fares increase!”

I think it sounds like if you book it prior to October 5 you’re grandfathered in. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

“Starting October 5, our All-Inclusive Fares for 2023 and beyond departures will increase to $89 per guest, per day, so make your All-Inclusive bookings today before the fares increase!”

I think it sounds like if you book it prior to October 5 you’re grandfathered in. 

Thank you - that wording is clearer than what was on the website.  So will definitely get in under the wire at the $79/day price.

5 hours ago, IpswichChris said:

Thank you - that wording is clearer than what was on the website.  So will definitely get in under the wire at the $79/day price.

I’ve asked my TA to do the same for our 2023 Alaska trip. 

On 9/25/2022 at 1:05 AM, Ski Mom 2 said:

I already have All-In booked for my January cruise, at $79/pp per day. I don't expect them to reprice that! And I have asked my TA to buy All-In for my upcoming October trip, again at $79. Any new purchases after October 5 will be that extra $10/pp per day.

26 minutes ago, milepig said:

There’s a drink package other than the one that comes with the All Inclusive?  

They still have the various beverage packages available https://www.windstarcruises.com/voyage-plan/general-information/#BeveragePackages

image.thumb.png.396bdafa433c36dcb87577d411456ab8.png

The Yacht Club benefit also offers a discount (I am 2-star and it's 5%) off of the beverage package (and the Wifi package), but it's not applicable to the all-in package. 

We are doing an 11 day trip next year.  Even applying the 5% discount, the all in package is still the better option: Hotel Charge: 14.5, Beverage (Captain's): 56.05, Wifi (33.25), or a total of 103.80.  The All-In is $79 (or even $89 once the new price kicks in) is a savings.  For the two of us, it's almost $550 for the 11 day trip.

(Finally - they need a proof reader.  In the snap above, they show the All In package for $79/day.  But in the details, it states that packages must be purchased during the first 2 days of the trip, referencing the "$89 All-In" package.)

1 hour ago, RemPuck said:

They still have the various beverage packages available https://www.windstarcruises.com/voyage-plan/general-information/#BeveragePackages

image.thumb.png.396bdafa433c36dcb87577d411456ab8.png

The Yacht Club benefit also offers a discount (I am 2-star and it's 5%) off of the beverage package (and the Wifi package), but it's not applicable to the all-in package. 

We are doing an 11 day trip next year.  Even applying the 5% discount, the all in package is still the better option: Hotel Charge: 14.5, Beverage (Captain's): 56.05, Wifi (33.25), or a total of 103.80.  The All-In is $79 (or even $89 once the new price kicks in) is a savings.  For the two of us, it's almost $550 for the 11 day trip.

(Finally - they need a proof reader.  In the snap above, they show the All In package for $79/day.  But in the details, it states that packages must be purchased during the first 2 days of the trip, referencing the "$89 All-In" package.)

I think it is $79 pre-cruise or $89 on board, so that’s correct. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 5:25 PM, OhItsU said:

It's interesting because supposedly there is another all in package that includes laundry.

When we last cruised Windstar the package included laundry, but some months back they dropped the laundry portion from the package.

20 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

When we last cruised Windstar the package included laundry, but some months back they dropped the laundry portion from the package.

I think it was more than a few months ago, my only data points are that it was not included last November, and was before COVID.

I wonder if part of the process was that WS realized that there were several ways to get laundry included, high level Yacht club status and booking a B2B being two of them, and that people would maybe not buy the package since they already got laundry through another method.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:35 AM, milepig said:

I think it was more than a few months ago, my only data points are that it was not included last November, and was before COVID.

I wonder if part of the process was that WS realized that there were several ways to get laundry included, high level Yacht club status and booking a B2B being two of them, and that people would maybe not buy the package since they already got laundry through another method.

I think the number of people getting free laundry from Cruise Collectors and other B2B is why. At the time they dropped the laundry package from All-in, they also dropped the All-in price by $10 which is more than the laundry package cost so people didn't lose by the change even if they are buying the laundry package. 

People who have free laundry due to yacht club status (4 star status) also have free WiFi. In that case, buying the beverage package plus the paying the gratuity costs less than the All-In: Beverage package $58.50 (10% discount from $65 - apparently that price has also gone up recently) + Hotel service charge $16 = $74.50. So the All-in at $89 or even the old price of $79 doesn't make sense for a 4-star.