NCL Escape - Water

Alantra

3 hours ago, Alantra said:

Hello, we are sailing on Escape in December and I was wondering about water.

Are there any water bottle filling stations on the ship?

Thanks, Lori

The water stations you're looking for and that were referred to in the previous post are in the Garden Cafe , which is the ship's buffet.

There's no place called "Lido" on NCL ships. 

• 4 weeks later...

Omg this is my ONLY complaint of the Escape. No water bottle filling stations. The rest of the world puts this as a priority and manage to do in in a safe manor. I do not understand NCL.  I would carry my bottle up to the buffet. At the beverage stands I would stand aside and fill two plastic glasses with ice, then two more with water. The is a sign the says “ do not fill water bottles here” which I took to mean “don’t put your private bottle under the tap”. I never got scolded and was considerate not to block the space. Eventually I just took a table and carried the glasses back and forth to fill.  Ugh. Fix this please NCL. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mncrusin said:

Eventually I just took a table and carried the glasses back and forth to fill.  Ugh. Fix this please NCL. 

Good on you for using the glasses to fill the bottle! But why back and forth to a table? That's just making it way more work than it needs to be.

2 hours ago, mncrusin said:

Omg this is my ONLY complaint of the Escape. No water bottle filling stations. 

NCL does not have water filling station on any ship. It is one layer of preventing the spread of disease. 

People filling water bottles need to use clean cups to get water from dispensers and fill their bottles. 

2 hours ago, mncrusin said:

Omg this is my ONLY complaint of the Escape. No water bottle filling stations. The rest of the world puts this as a priority and manage to do in in a safe manor. I do not understand NCL.  I would carry my bottle up to the buffet. At the beverage stands I would stand aside and fill two plastic glasses with ice, then two more with water. The is a sign the says “ do not fill water bottles here” which I took to mean “don’t put your private bottle under the tap”. I never got scolded and was considerate not to block the space. Eventually I just took a table and carried the glasses back and forth to fill.  Ugh. Fix this please NCL. 

This is exactly what you are supposed to do.

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL does not have water filling station on any ship. It is one layer of preventing the spread of disease. 

People filling water bottles need to use clean cups to get water from dispensers and fill their bottles. 

My gym has bottle filling stations that require the bottle to be placed on a pad several inches under the spout before the button can be pressed and water dispensed. No risk of disease  transmission because there is absolutely no contact.

On 10/23/2022 at 11:10 AM, BirdTravels said:

There are plenty of technologies available to do this. I used to be a K-8 school director. During COVID the state mandated we install water bottle filling stations that are touchless. They worked perfectly and prevented transmission. Surely if kindergarteners can do this, drunken adults could too. 

On 10/23/2022 at 11:10 AM, BirdTravels said:

Let’s be honest, it’s also a way to encourage you to purchase the water cartons.

• Haha 1