Vacation and Testing Requirements by Region updated today

Loveh2ofl

The good news - is it was updated for Canada - the bad news (from my perspective) is that Greece has gone the other way and now once again requires a booster for passengers 'visiting' . 

"Vaccination is required for voyages that depart, arrive or visit Greece. Testing is ONLY required for all voyages departing from Athens, Greece. Tests must be conducted in-person by medical personnel and guests will need a physical letter with the negative results. Test results proctored by video are not accepted."

Link:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/

So our cruise visits Greece.  We have had primary vaccine rounds and two boosters.  Last booster was in February which is over 270 days by the time we disembarkation on 12/2 BUT as I read it. We are OK? As we have 2 boosters ??

Opinions??

Only one booster required for Greece visits.

Voyages that Include Greece

Updated: September 26, 2022

Vaccination Status

Definition by Country's Health Authority

Pre-Travel Test Type &
When to Take Test Before Boarding (ONLY required for departures from Greece)

Fully Vaccinated
18 and above

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Fully Vaccinated
5 to 17

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Not Fully Vaccinated*

Either not up to date or has not received a complete COVID-19 vaccine series. Please contact us to request a vaccination exemption to be presented upon embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

*Kids 4 years of age and under are welcome to cruise and have no vaccination or test requirements. Minimum age to sail is 6 months or 12 months based on cruise itinerary, review Passage Contract for details.

Vaccination is required for voyages that depart, arrive or visit Greece. Testing is ONLY required for all voyages departing from Athens, Greece. Tests must be conducted in-person by medical personnel and guests will need a physical letter with the negative results. Test results proctored by video are not accepted.

Still forcing people on the enhanced guideline voyages to test, discriminating against a small group of people I have to waste my money to test.  What makes me different than someone else. I have already spent quite a bit of money to go and the cruise line tells you to test and it will cost me.   

12 hours ago, Denmal said:

So our cruise visits Greece.  We have had primary vaccine rounds and two boosters.  Last booster was in February which is over 270 days by the time we disembarkation on 12/2 BUT as I read it. We are OK? As we have 2 boosters ??

Opinions??

Yes, you are absolutely fine. The 270 days refers to the second shot of th

43 minutes ago, cwaters32 said:

Still forcing people on the enhanced guideline voyages to test, discriminating against a small group of people I have to waste my money to test.  What makes me different than someone else. I have already spent quite a bit of money to go and the cruise line tells you to test and it will cost me.   

In the scope of the cruise costs, this is so minimal. It sounds like this is Greece's request and not Princess's.

Edited by Coral

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

In the scope of the cruise costs, this is so minimal. It sounds like this is Greece's request and not Princess's.

Enhanced voyages. It is a pain, but we could be in the middle of the ocean and no medical facilities with a very ill guest.

It does happen, unfortunately, some have a hard time with covid.

We are just going with the flow. Not a big deal for us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cwaters32 said:

it's not Princess Cruises who have made the decision you need to be tested.... it's the government of the country you are going to that has put that requirement into place