Updated Covid Protocols for Carnival Pride in Europe

staceyglow

Excellent news for those of us cruising on Pride in the next few weeks!  I got this email this evening:

September 26, 2022

Dear Carnival Guests, 

As countries have continued to relax their testing requirements, we want to provide you with an update for your upcoming cruise.  

Vaccinated guests – A pre-cruise test is not required unless you are unable to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated.

Unvaccinated guests – Guests age 5 years and older, will have to present the negative results of a PCR or antigen test taken no earlier than 3 days before sailing. 

Please be sure to visit our Have Fun. Be Safe. page on Carnival.com for complete information on vaccination and testing requirements.  

Thank you for your cooperation. Our entire team is preparing to make your cruise fun and memorable.

Sincerely,

7436bfd8-e2f5-424e-ab0c-3a2617dabebd.jpg
Colleen Oliverio
VP, Guest Services - Contact Centers

• Thanks 1

Good morning - I am little confused with Bermuda; do we need to get a test before we board on Oct. 11th or do we get tested on the ship a few days before we get to Bermuda.  We are doing the B2B2B

and arriving in Rome a few days before the cruise; we have a test scheduled at the FCO airport. 

9 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Excellent news for those of us cruising on Pride in the next few weeks!  I got this email this evening:

September 26, 2022

Dear Carnival Guests, 

As countries have continued to relax their testing requirements, we want to provide you with an update for your upcoming cruise.  

Vaccinated guests – A pre-cruise test is not required unless you are unable to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated.

Unvaccinated guests – Guests age 5 years and older, will have to present the negative results of a PCR or antigen test taken no earlier than 3 days before sailing. 

Please be sure to visit our Have Fun. Be Safe. page on Carnival.com for complete information on vaccination and testing requirements.  

Thank you for your cooperation. Our entire team is preparing to make your cruise fun and memorable.

Sincerely,

7436bfd8-e2f5-424e-ab0c-3a2617dabebd.jpg
Colleen Oliverio
VP, Guest Services - Contact Centers

Great news!!  Thanks for posting😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moking said:

Good morning - I am little confused with Bermuda; do we need to get a test before we board on Oct. 11th or do we get tested on the ship a few days before we get to Bermuda.  We are doing the B2B2B

and arriving in Rome a few days before the cruise; we have a test scheduled at the FCO airport. 

According to Carnival reps, they will test B2Bers on board the 10/21 sailing within the 2 day Bermuda window for the 10/30 sailing. Complimentary. You should verify with Carnival and ask them to make sure you are shown on their system as B2B. 

Richard

19 minutes ago, rps2004 said:

You should verify with Carnival and ask them to make sure you are shown on their system as B2B. 

Richard

Good point.  When I originally booked this B2B2B, my PVP told me that Carnival's computer system had a glitch that wouldn't let them link three consecutive cruises.  After two cruises were linked, the option to link another one was disabled.  So, just to be sure I would verify with guest services that all consecutive cruises are linked. 

There will be plenty of time to take care of this, so there is no need to rush to guest services while they are overwhelmed as soon as we board. 

14 minutes ago, moking said:

Yes, the 2 vaccines and 3 boosters

I called Carnival again and got the same response I got earlier:  B2B passengers on the 10/30 sailing wil be tested at sea by Carnival on a complimentary basis to satisfy the Bermuda pre boarding requirement and will not need to test for the earlier sailing 

Dont know which rep has it right, but testing three weeks before the 10/30 embark is not consistent with Bermuda’s preboarding requirements

I’m going to have my TA  call to see what they tell him. I will report  back 

Richard

• Like 1

We are also on  B2B leaving 10/21. The way I understand is we have to have a Covid test prior to boarding on 10/21 and then Carnival will test us again prior to arriving in Bermuda. I cannot believe Carnival is going to test every one on board. Wish we could get more answers as we leave in 2 weeks. 

35 minutes ago, cweather said:

The way I understand is we have to have a Covid test prior to boarding on 10/21 and then Carnival will test us again prior to arriving in Bermuda. I cannot believe Carnival is going to test every one on board. 

The email from Carnival said we do not have to test for the 10/21 sailing. 

Also, Carnival is not going to test everyone on board, only those continuing on a a B2B to satisfy Bermuda's requirements.