Big outdoor screen on Liberty?

st1100y2k

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

She had a dry dock April of last year so unless you see a hole in her schedule it will be in 2024 at the earliest.

I'm a good bye ... ok with me. And the satellite cant be fixed to be pointed to get tv news except when the ship is near a port. ..until dry dock. 

Unless you have wifi you are cut off from news for days. It's the thing I dont like about liberty. If there is a election or just to check in on the world I'd like the tv to work in my cabin. Even grandeur had working tvs. I dont want 2 days of movies on the news stations substituted. 

No one onboard can fix this or the diamond lounge coffee makers lol. 

Bring on allure. I'm hoping for things to work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm a good bye ... ok with me. And the satellite cant be fixed to be pointed to get tv news except when the ship is near a port. ..until dry dock. 

Unless you have wifi you are cut off from news for days. It's the thing I dont like about liberty. If there is a election or just to check in on the world I'd like the tv to work in my cabin. Even grandeur had working tvs. I dont want 2 days of movies on the news stations substituted. 

No one onboard can fix this or the diamond lounge coffee makers lol. 

Bring on allure. I'm hoping for things to work. 

Hi can you fill me in on a few things. We have Liberty booked for a 5 night Bermuda cruise for next spring.  Tell me more about the TV can you get PPV movies or on demand movies? The last ship we were on, Ovation, only had news channels and cartoons. We like to watch something in the evening on occasion and like to choose a movie.  Besides the big TV by the pool and the coffee machine are there other negatives we should be aware of.  Liberty was our first Royal cruise in her inaugural year and we loved it.  Will there be a broadway show in the theater on a 5 night cruise? Anything else will be much appreciated.  

15 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Hi can you fill me in on a few things. We have Liberty booked for a 5 night Bermuda cruise for next spring.  Tell me more about the TV can you get PPV movies or on demand movies? The last ship we were on, Ovation, only had news channels and cartoons. We like to watch something in the evening on occasion and like to choose a movie.  Besides the big TV by the pool and the coffee machine are there other negatives we should be aware of.  Liberty was our first Royal cruise in her inaugural year and we loved it.  Will there be a broadway show in the theater on a 5 night cruise? Anything else will be much appreciated.  

Well since you dont like news you might be in luck as they substituted movies on sea days for news. Depends where the closest port is the aft is pointed at. I didnt see any  movies on demand but we have  movies on all 3 news channels. 

Sat night fever is the musical but I liked up in the air. It's the acrobatic show and they had a featured couple do that thing up to the ceiling. I was impressed he could hold her by one hand. I was really impressed she held him from way up there with only one hand. She must be super strong.

We also had a featured couple for ice skating and didnt see as much of a show with a lot of women featured as normal. I saw the couple alone at the tier party and the ice skating show. She has a lot of medals and did a ice skating on raised ice skates. Maybe 5 or 6 inches stilts, not huge off the ground and a few tricks with those trick skates and she does hula hoop tricks and he has this big triangle he twirls just almost hitting the lights above that is pretty good tricks visually. They are trick skaters. First time I saw them.

Before the sat night fever and in the air had a featured salsa dancer but this time we had a featured other dancer. I thought the musical the least good of the 3. The other 2 were extra good.

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well since you dont like news you might be in luck as they substituted movies on sea days for news. Depends where the closest port is the aft is pointed at. I didnt see any  movies on demand but we have  movies on all 3 news channels. 

Sat night fever is the musical but I liked up in the air. It's the acrobatic show and they had a featured couple do that thing up to the ceiling. I was impressed he could hold her by one hand. I was really impressed she held him from way up there with only one hand. She must be super strong.

We also had a featured couple for ice skating and didnt see as much of a show with a lot of women featured as normal. I saw the couple alone at the tier party and the ice skating show. She has a lot of medals and did a ice skating on raised ice skates. Maybe 5 or 6 inches stilts, not huge off the ground and a few tricks with those trick skates and she does hula hoop tricks and he has this big triangle he twirls just almost hitting the lights above that is pretty good tricks visually. They are trick skaters. First time I saw them.

Before the sat night fever and in the air had a featured salsa dancer but this time we had a featured other dancer. I thought the musical the least good of the 3. The other 2 were extra good.

The shows sound really good and something we would enjoy. Maybe I'll try to download a movie or two to my tablet or laptop although I hate bringing it along.  Does the ship seem to be in good condition?  What about dining we usually just do MDR and maybe Chops has the food and service been good?

So we just got off on Sunday from a Western Caribbean trip. We had multiple issues to the point where we were given 10% off our next cruise. 

1. My suitcase showed up 5hours after the rest of my group. Dropped at the door no one in sight. I bring it in, put it on the bed to unpack it and immediately smelled an awful smell. Unzip it and the entire bottom of it is soaked in red wine. Then I realize it is dripping out of my bag. Someone else smuggled a bottle of red wine in their checked bag which broke all over mine. By then it was 6:00 and we had dinner reservations at Chops so I hustled down to guest services after I separated what was not soaked in stinky wine and put the bag on the balcony.  They picked up everything and laundered it. Only lost one shirt and hat to permanent stains. I appreciate that they did what they could to fix it. It was an absolute mess bringing up the luggage day one and took apparently until late that night to get it all delivered. They said a freight elevator was out.

2, Fridge never cooled. They replaced it …the second one did not either and I did not bother to ask again. I saw them wheeling at least three more down the halls.

3. the rubber floor of our balcony was literally a gooey melted mess. In 15 cruises I have never seen anything like it. Holes in it from the legs sinking down in the muck. The maintenance manager said there were many on the ship like that and due to age and what they had to do to fix them they could not be repaired until dry dock. 

After he came by the last time a letter showed up from the hotel manager with the discount for my next cruise. I did not request anything at all do appreciate how they tried to make me feel better. The room steward was so awesome but clearly looked worn out as did many of the waiters and bar tenders.

The ship is past due needing an update. If 2024 is the next one I would consider booking another ship if that is an option. 

We had a wonderful time and it in no way ruined our trip just relaying that I will wait to book anything else on Liberty until after her next redo.

4 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

The shows sound really good and something we would enjoy. Maybe I'll try to download a movie or two to my tablet or laptop although I hate bringing it along.  Does the ship seem to be in good condition?  What about dining we usually just do MDR and maybe Chops has the food and service been good?

The shows were wonderful! Food was decent MDR was struggling with a very full ship and many dishes arrived only lukewarm at best. Tasted great just not hot.