THIS JUST IN! No Testing Required For Athens Departure

JimmyVWine

E-mail received 10 seconds ago pertaining to 10/8 departure: 

IMPORTANT NOTICES
UPDATED GREEK HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR YOUR CRUISE
We are pleased to share that our COVID-19 protocols for your voyage have been amended. As a result, the pre-cruise testing and vaccination requirements for this voyage have changed.

Guests ages 5 and above who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 do not require pre-cruise COVID-19 testing for this voyage. To be considered fully vaccinated a guest must have completed their final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to embarkation.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

E-mail received 10 seconds ago pertaining to 10/8 departure: 

IMPORTANT NOTICES
UPDATED GREEK HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR YOUR CRUISE
We are pleased to share that our COVID-19 protocols for your voyage have been amended. As a result, the pre-cruise testing and vaccination requirements for this voyage have changed.

Guests ages 5 and above who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 do not require pre-cruise COVID-19 testing for this voyage. To be considered fully vaccinated a guest must have completed their final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

I just got same email and am wondering if it said that because our Oct 8 voyage from Athens to Barcelona is sandwiched between a trip from Rome and a trip back to Rome (B2B2B).  We do not originate in Athens.  (But then hard to believe a Princess piece of software is that intelligent).

The other explanation is that they somehow managed to generate all these emails before once again updating the Cruise Health protocols because they still specify a test for Greece departures

I am not worrying about it.  I almost did not open the email.  We are getting on a plane to Rome tomorrow and not doing a test (not required) and they can do whatever they want because it is just too late to change things at the 11.5 hour.   They never really say anymore when things are effective.  Since the pre-announcement for Sep 6 changes, it's like every other change or correction has been immediate and who knows what is happening to folks just getting to ships when a change comes through. 

ETA:  The OCT 8 is like the deadest RC I have ever seen.  Do hope to run into you on board and forget how long you are cruising for?  Just the 7-nighter???

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I just got same email and am wondering if it said that because our Oct 8 voyage from Athens to Barcelona is sandwiched between a trip from Rome and a trip back to Rome (B2B2B).  We do not originate in Athens.  (But then hard to believe a Princess piece of software is that intelligent).

The other explanation is that they somehow managed to generate all these emails before once again updating the Cruise Health protocols because they still specify a test for Greece departures

I am not worrying about it.  I almost did not open the email.  We are getting on a plane to Rome tomorrow and not doing a test (not required) and they can do whatever they want because it is just too late to change things at the 11.5 hour.   They never really say anymore when things are effective.  Since the pre-announcement for Sep 6 changes, it's like every other change or correction has been immediate and who knows what is happening to folks just getting to ships when a change comes through. 

ETA:  The OCT 8 is like the deadest RC I have ever seen.  Do hope to run into you on board and forget how long you are cruising for?  Just the 7-nighter???

Have a great trip!  Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Happy Dance!!!

I literally did a little happy dance in my chair when I read the newly crafted update placing Greece in the same category of all those other locations with three simple words in the right hand column. "Testing not required."

Edit to add:  And did I print that page to take with me to the port?  Oh yes I did!!

Edited by JimmyVWine