Canada revised Covid Protcals

So Canada, effective 1 Oct. no longer requires the shot nor pre cruise testing…BUT

RC still requires them from the E mail I received this AM for my Enchantment sail 6 Oct, which includes a Canada visit.

As they say…Come On Man…

Stay safe all…

Prayers for of all those in Ian’s path…..a REAL challenge….verse the small stuff….

44 minutes ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

So Canada, effective 1 Oct. no longer requires the shot nor pre cruise testing…BUT

RC still requires them from the E mail I received this AM for my Enchantment sail 6 Oct, which includes a Canada visit.

As they say…Come On Man…

Stay safe all…

Prayers for of all those in Ian’s path…..a REAL challenge….verse the small stuff….

RC apparently still hasn't "gotten the memo" so to speak.  This is an automated e-mail and I expect that there will be a new one sent with the updated information, probably October 1st since that is the date the new protocol goes into effect.  I'm on the same cruise with you.  Also, don't bother calling RC.  Their reps are usually the last to learn of new protocols and procedures.

See you on October 6th.

52 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

RC apparently still hasn't "gotten the memo" so to speak.  This is an automated e-mail and I expect that there will be a new one sent with the updated information, probably October 1st since that is the date the new protocol goes into effect.  I'm on the same cruise with you.  Also, don't bother calling RC.  Their reps are usually the last to learn of new protocols and procedures.

See you on October 6th.

I called  this morning,  they said maybe today or tomorrow or the  next day.  I sail Sunday, I'm in the middle of a hurricane, my  covid  test got  cancelled,  luckily I've rescheduled ,  but who knows if it will happen.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

See you on October 6th.

Celebrity  ( and every other cruise line for that matter) had their sites updated yesterday. Sure wish Royal would get it together. We sail on the 6th too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abqmommyof4 said:

I called  this morning,  they said maybe today or tomorrow or the  next day.  I sail Sunday, I'm in the middle of a hurricane, my  covid  test got  cancelled,  luckily I've rescheduled ,  but who knows if it will happen.

I hope that you will stay safe from the storm.  Good luck.

Matthew Brandley is on Facebook and will be sailing on the 10/6 cruise with us. He posts updates every day concerning his attempts to have Royal update their policy since Canada dropped the requirement.

6 minutes ago, rudeney said:

RCCL finally updated - no testing for Canada!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

If your cruise visits Bermuda or departs prior to October 1, 2022 and visits Canada, test protocols for your cruise are in the next section. 

Still required for cruises 10 days or longer, like our Oct 3 Vancouver to Hawaii, but Non Supervised home tests are now OK 

• Like 1

Testing: Canada Itineraries beginning October 1, 2022
  • Sailing lengths 9-Nights or less
    • Unvaccinated guests aged 5 years and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 3 days of the sail date. 
    • Fully vaccinated guests do not need to test.
  • Sailing lengths 10-nights or more
    • All guests age 5 years and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 3 days of the sail date.
Effective October 1, 2022, completion of the ArriveCAN form is no longer required. 

Be sure to visit the Healthy Cruising Hub for the latest information on accepted testing types by itinerary. We thank you for continued loyalty to Royal Caribbean!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mira28 said:

Hurrah! It took a while, but finally we got the updates. My cruise is on Voyager, September 9th-16th. A lot less pre-cruise stress. 🙂

Except that you missed your cruise!  😮

Or did you mean Oct. 9th - 16th?  🙂

14 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Except that you missed your cruise!  😮

Or did you mean Oct. 9th - 16th?  🙂

Ha ha, 🤣 Yes! October 9th-16th. 
All the preparation for the cruise has rattled my brain.😱

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mira28 said:

Ha ha, 🤣 Yes! October 9th-16th. 
All the preparation for the cruise has rattled my brain.😱

No worries!  I figured it was just a typo.  We'll be sure to take care of VOyager for you while we sail on her next week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Too late, it got trashed on the transatlantic.  😉

Actually, it did get scratched when we hit an iceberg in Greenland.  😲

So you guys went full rock-star AND Titanic, huh?  👋

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:
Testing: Canada Itineraries beginning October 1, 2022
  • Sailing lengths 9-Nights or less
    • Unvaccinated guests aged 5 years and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 3 days of the sail date. 
    • Fully vaccinated guests do not need to test.
  • Sailing lengths 10-nights or more
    • All guests age 5 years and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 3 days of the sail date.
Effective October 1, 2022, completion of the ArriveCAN form is no longer required. 

Be sure to visit the Healthy Cruising Hub for the latest information on accepted testing types by itinerary. We thank you for continued loyalty to Royal Caribbean!

Where is RCI getting the 10 night or more requirement from?