Whats wrong with these cabins ?

jc foster

During the weekend sale I booked a balcony cabin on the Soltice. The only two balconies left available were on the backside ( Stern side) of the hump deal.  I  tried but could not find any reviews of my cabin number 7288 on the cabin review thread on this forum. I have found that usually when cabins are the last booked they have flaws but I was willing to take a chance on the last day of the sale. Has anyone sailed in one of these ? Thanks

From a 2006 review (not me):

Pros:

It's on the slant on the hump and has a very large balcony

It's in a very convenient area of the ship -- right near the bank of 8 elevators -- up to the oceanview café and lawn/Sunset Bar, down to the martini bar and all the dining areas.

It's got the bed by the bath configuration -- one which I prefer.

It's on the aft end of the hump -- less wind.

Cons:

Can't really think of any.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

No downside for me.  I'd grab it.  Yes, forward facing or aft facing - it is still a great convenient cabin with a large balcony.

I'd argue that the aft side is to be preferred from a wind standpoint when under way.  Both nice choices, though.

• Like 3

i dont know this ship but on other ships ive had an angled balcony and if you are using the larger part of it, the entire ship can see you. doesnt bother me but some may not want it. the extra space is nice especially if they put a lounger out there. 

• Like 1

Not sure I would assume anything wrong with a cabin that is the only one left. We recently booked on a South America cruise where there was literally only one balcony cabin left on the entire cruise - it is a concierge cabin between some of the high end suites -- larger balcony, slightly larger room. Glad to grab it as I would have taken any balcony at all for the itinerary.

• Like 1

Agreed!  7288 is a great cabin on the starboard rear hump.  Extra balcony space and Concierge status.  Concierge will get you: 

• Complementary dining in the MDR on Embarkation Day (nice alternative to the usual buffet crowds)
  • Complementary bottle of wine in your cabin
  • Daily canape's (ask for cheese plate instead) 
  • Perhaps a surprise invitation to sail away on the helipad from one of your ports
  • Concierge lounge with Continental breakfast on disembarkation day.  
  • Like 2