Caribbean Cruises

Salbags58

28 minutes ago, Salbags58 said:

Hi 

Does anyone know if Seabourn still do the beach barbecue as well as caviar in the surf as neither are showing on the itinerary?

Thanks

I don't think they ever show on the itinerary, but believe they still happen. We hope so, anyway as we are going to the Caribbean in February!

• Like 2

Carambola Beach, on St. Kitts is where they do the beach barbecue/caviar in the surf, if your itinerary shows that as a stop. We enjoyed our day there on the Ovation last December. They do offer excursions that day, but you can run the risk of missing the first part of the beach day. Some people enjoy doing both, but we thought just the barbecue/caviar and beach day were great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunshineocean13 said:

Carambola Beach, on St. Kitts is where they do the beach barbecue/caviar in the surf, if your itinerary shows that as a stop. We enjoyed our day there on the Ovation last December. They do offer excursions that day, but you can run the risk of missing the first part of the beach day. Some people enjoy doing both, but we thought just the barbecue/caviar and beach day were great.

Agree

we have done two Caribbean cruises since Covid, and the event was on Carambola Beach in St Kitts.  To get the best seats/beach chairs, get on new early tender.  However, you can get the same food on board if you don’t want to tender and walk in the sand.

16 hours ago, margbem said:

I don't think they ever show on the itinerary, but believe they still happen. We hope so, anyway as we are going to the Caribbean in February!

Which sailing are you on please, we sail on 4th February, looking forward to it very much.

We are on the 7 January 14 night cruise out of Barbados, which is effectively two 7 night cruises, first Barbados-St Martin and then back with different ports each way. 

The first week has a stop at Carambola Beach which I’m assuming will be Caviar in the Surf day.but we don’t stop there on the second week. There is a stop at Saline Bay, Mayreau though and I’m hoping that will be the second week’s Caviar in the Surf.  Does anyone know if Saline Bay is still used for Caviar in the Surf, or am I in for a disappointment 😢?

We’ve sailed the Caribbean before but in larger ships so looking forward to visiting smaller ports this time around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiserfaeFife said:

We are on the 7 January 14 night cruise out of Barbados, which is effectively two 7 night cruises, first Barbados-St Martin and then back with different ports each way. 

The first week has a stop at Carambola Beach which I’m assuming will be Caviar in the Surf day.but we don’t stop there on the second week. There is a stop at Saline Bay, Mayreau though and I’m hoping that will be the second week’s Saline Bay, Mayreau .  Does anyone know if Saline Bay is still used for Caviar in the Surf, or am I in for a disappointment 😢?

We’ve sailed the Caribbean before but in larger ships so looking forward to visiting smaller ports this time around.

I'm on a "similar" 14-night (2x 7-night) sailing as well. There is "sporadic" evidence that Saline Bay, Mayreau also features Caviar in the Surf for those only doing the 7-night. Additionally, I've read they sometimes do a Marina Day when at Saline Bay as well :-)

On a slightly different note, can anyone please recommend a hotel post cruise in Barbados?  We leave the ship on the 18th but dont fly back until the next day at 5pm. Preferably a hotel that can collect us from the pier side and take us to the airport. thanks for any replies.

I am booked on the southbound Ovation from St. Martin to Barbados departing February 25, 2023. We are only doing the 7 night so will only stop in Mayreau, but I am expecting caviar in the surf and a marina day… it’s one of the reasons I booked a Caribbean sailing! 

Seabourn sent some marketing materials to my house not too long ago that implied all of the Caribbean cruises feature the event. Can anyone comment with direct knowledge of this route? Thank you!

• Like 1

We have been on two Seabourn Caribbean cruises, one pre-pandemic and the other this year January 2022. Both advertised that there would be a beach day at Saline Bay but on both occasions the sea was too rough to tender and it was cancelled at the last minute. Talking to others on the cruise who had done the same cruise many times it seems Saline Bay is called off more times than it’s on. You may be lucky! We did have a Marina day instead this year which was great! 
Seabourn may need to rethink this location

• Thanks 2

On 10/1/2022 at 4:34 PM, ciaoYacht said:

Expecting caviar in the surf and a marina day… it’s one of the reasons I booked a Caribbean sailing! 

Seabourn sent some marketing materials to my house not too long ago that implied all of the Caribbean cruises feature the event. Can anyone comment with direct knowledge of this route? Thank you!

I've seen these "materials" as well which is why I'm expecting TWO caviar in the surf and marina days (weather permitting of course) on the 14-day variant (two, 7-day sailings)  

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 5:03 AM, CruiserfaeFife said:

The first week has a stop at Carambola Beach which I’m assuming will be Caviar in the Surf day.but we don’t stop there on the second week. There is a stop at Saline Bay, Mayreau though and I’m hoping that will be the second week’s Caviar in the Surf.  Does anyone know if Saline Bay is still used for Caviar in the Surf, or am I in for a disappointment 😢?

We are on the same 14 days as you. 
The last time we were to have the caviar and beach day at Saline Bay but high waves made them cancel it and it was caviar in the pool. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 6:26 AM, AnnieO2019 said:

We have been on two Seabourn Caribbean cruises, one pre-pandemic and the other this year January 2022. Both advertised that there would be a beach day at Saline Bay but on both occasions the sea was too rough to tender and it was cancelled at the last minute. Talking to others on the cruise who had done the same cruise many times it seems Saline Bay is called off more times than it’s on. You may be lucky! We did have a Marina day instead this year which was great! 
Seabourn may need to rethink this location

What does the Marina day consist of? 

17 hours ago, Emdee said:

What does the Marina day consist of? 

In our case the ship was not allowed to visit an island due to Covid (it was in January when rules were tight) so the island authorities allowed the Captain to anchor a little way out. The Marina at the back of the ship was opened for a few hours ( I think 3 hours) and you could sign up for the activities - small sailboats you could take out on your own, the banana and couch floats being pulled at speed, paddle boards etc . It was great fun !

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, breadandbutter said:

As far as I know it's usually the second night.

Thats what everyone told me when I sailed from Barcelona to Rome this past June... but then it was the third night and I had to scramble to change the reservation at the last minute.