Walking around Grand Turk

latebuyer

You'll need a taxi to get to Cockburn town.  Once there it's really only a small area along Front/Duke Street, that has any shops or restaurants and the National Museum and the historic HMS Prison.   If you don't stop in any store it's a 5 minute walk to cover the area.  

Edited by crewsweeper

in general Turks is all about  pristine expanses of white sand beaches. Not much else other than luxury villas and hotels etc. especially around/in Grace Bay.  They are having some gang related crime reports targeting tourists and if I were to dock here these days and wanted to see the island I would arrange a cruise excursion or private driver. It is a beautiful island but not really a "walking" kind of place except along the beach.

1 hour ago, kathy49 said:

in general Turks is all about  pristine expanses of white sand beaches. Not much else other than luxury villas and hotels etc. especially around/in Grace Bay.  

Grace Bay is on Provo,  a completely different island than Grant Turk, where the ships stop.

• Like 3

On 10/8/2022 at 12:37 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

Grace Bay is on Provo,  a completely different island than Grant Turk, where the ships stop.

Thank you for the correction. Have only flown in and stayed on Grace Bay....and my info is clearly wrong above. Cannot remove posts on here...tried.  Looks like a beach day for most on Grand Turk.

22 hours ago, mmbrad02 said:

If one rented a golf cart to ride around on, is stopping on Cockburn town safe?  

GT is one of the safest islands around.  But nevertheless I wouldn't leave a bunch of stuff in a golfcart while stopping.

• Like 1