Port cancellations cause cruise cancellations and itinery changes

Well it’s a long story Yvonne.

Keeping to topic, we were originally booked on the Royal from Hawaii to Auckland.

That was cancelled and we took a LA to Auckland on Majestic replacement.  We had 2 nights in San Pedro before boarding.  Embarkation was a cluster.  Shorty after getting to the Port we got into the general queue - none separate for Elite even though they are “humbled by our loyalty”- which came to a grinding halt soon after.  Luckily we were under tent cover but a lot weren’t and were in the blazing sun for over 30 minutes with no water offered or seating for seniors. We were on board in 2 hours after arriving at port.  Anyway Lahaina, was cancelled after we booked as was Pago Pago with Tauranga subbed in.  

9 hours ago, oshungoer said:

Well it’s a long story Yvonne.

Keeping to topic, we were originally booked on the Royal from Hawaii to Auckland.

That was cancelled and we took a LA to Auckland on Majestic replacement.  We had 2 nights in San Pedro before boarding.  Embarkation was a cluster.  Shorty after getting to the Port we got into the general queue - none separate for Elite even though they are “humbled by our loyalty”- which came to a grinding halt soon after.  Luckily we were under tent cover but a lot weren’t and were in the blazing sun for over 30 minutes with no water offered or seating for seniors. We were on board in 2 hours after arriving at port.  Anyway Lahaina, was cancelled after we booked as was Pago Pago with Tauranga subbed in.  

Have e mailed you but so many of the posts recently regarding embarkation on USA port has been catastrophic and the mask wearing mandate not upheld with, of course the covid outbreaks.  As this happened islands like Tahiti decided it was too great a risk and closed their doors for the time being.

The masks were dilligently pushed (with staff carrying around boxes for those who "forgot" and I believe the cruise was covid 'free' 

We are on the Majestic in January so hope they have their problems sorted out by then

It's irrelevant how hard the staff push mask wearing as a certain number of passengers are either too entitled or too ignorant to wear them unless it's the only way they can get into a venue:

- I'm wearing my mask ... on my chin, or my wrist, or hanging off my ear.

- I'm wearing my mask ... I don't breathe through my nose so I don't need to cover it.

- I wore my mask through the door but I'm not going to wear it during the show / trivia / or whatever even though the theatre / lounge is packed.

- I can't wear a mask because I need to cough, into my hand of course.

- I don't need to wear a mask because it's a sip and cover venue and I have a drink in front of me even though I'm not actually drinking it.

All of these examples are seen every night on board.

What really irritates me is someone who gets into a lift holding a mask then puts it on when it's time to exit the lift. 

However lots of people are still being very good about wearing their masks when moving around the ship, however I think the percentage of mask wearers is dropping more on this cruise than the other two cruises we were on recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's irrelevant how hard the staff push mask wearing as a certain number of passengers are either too entitled or too ignorant to wear them unless it's the only way they can get into a venue:

- I'm wearing my mask ... on my chin, or my wrist, or hanging off my ear.

- I'm wearing my mask ... I don't breathe through my nose so I don't need to cover it.

- I wore my mask through the door but I'm not going to wear it during the show / trivia / or whatever even though the theatre / lounge is packed.

- I can't wear a mask because I need to cough, into my hand of course.

- I don't need to wear a mask because it's a sip and cover venue and I have a drink in front of me even though I'm not actually drinking it.

All of these examples are seen every night on board.

What really irritates me is someone who gets into a lift holding a mask then puts it on when it's time to exit the lift. 

However lots of people are still being very good about wearing their masks when moving around the ship, however I think the percentage of mask wearers is dropping more on this cruise than the other two cruises we were on recently.

The offenders should be paraded before the Staff Captain and put off at the nearest port. Stern action is required. They are endangering other pax and crew.

Edited by NSWP