Anyone want to take a guess of when HAL will release more itineraries for Fall 2023 into Winter 2024/

LAFFNVEGAS

I have been waiting for a few months now for more HAL cruises to be released for late 2023. I had spoke with someone in the know in July about it and they stated by Late September. It is now October 2nd and very few cruises listed, and absolutely nothing from the West Coast??? I honestly do not remember it being this late.

I know they have a few Caribbean sailings listed but even those seem sparse. Many dates are missing. certainly those ships are not all chartered. 

• Like 1

I feel like I’m going to have to go elsewhere.  There is nothing suitable that works for me in spring and I’m holding  out very little hope for fall.  I’m not thrilled with the direction that hal is taking lately either.  They seem to be turning their back on people that have put a lot of money in their business in favour of bargain hunters.

28 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I feel like I’m going to have to go elsewhere.  There is nothing suitable that works for me in spring and I’m holding  out very little hope for fall.  I’m not thrilled with the direction that hal is taking lately either.  They seem to be turning their back on people that have put a lot of money in their business in favour of bargain hunters.

I have to agree somewhat. I have Future Cruise deposits to burn but the main reason is we are within 2, 7 day cruises of reaching both 5 Star and 300 day medallion. That was our goal many years ago. Our next three cruises are not with HAL. But I do not want to book anymore cruises till I can figure out what HAL is attempting to do.Most all cruise lines are booking late 2024. There are so many great choices out there. 

I get the feeling HAL thinks their base is so loyal they will just book Holland America and if they have the urge to book they will just book cruises sooner rather than later bringing cash revenue into them sooner.

• Like 2

I really like having the Koningsdam sailing out of San Diego.  I’d like to book my 7 day Koningsdam November cruise for 2023 and I don’t care if it’s Mexico or Pacific Coast.  I’ll be happy to cruise in the US especially if it’s on the K.  I keep watching for new offerings.   Maybe they’ll show up on a Wednesday.

Maybe HAL is trying to project international cruising prospects for the season but I’m not flying to a foreign country (Canada not included) for a long cruise.   I hope they keep the Koningsdam in San Diego and don’t send it to Asia!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I really like having the Koningsdam sailing out of San Diego.  I’d like to book my 7 day Koningsdam November cruise for 2023 and I don’t care if it’s Mexico or Pacific Coast.  I’ll be happy to cruise in the US especially if it’s on the K.  I keep watching for new offerings.   Maybe they’ll show up on a Wednesday.

Maybe HAL is trying to project international cruising prospects for the season but I’m not flying to a foreign country (Canada not included) for a long cruise.   I hope they keep the Koningsdam in San Diego and don’t send it to Asia!

Same. So what makes you think it might happen on Wednesday?  That's kind of a random day. 

21 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Same. So what makes you think it might happen on Wednesday?  That's kind of a random day. 

HAL has been offering 10  Wednesday specials recently.  Not that these offerings would be considered specials but Wednesday would be a good day to promote new itineraries. 🤔

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oaktreerb said:

HAL has been offering 10  Wednesday specials recently.  Not that these offerings would be considered specials but Wednesday would be a good day to promote new itineraries. 🤔

I agree.  The sooner the better.  Hal doesn't seem to be on the same page unfortunately.

Got  to wonder  if  mother CCL corp stock pricing  being so low has any thing to do with the delays in new itineraries , We too want Koningsdam to remain in San Diego except for dry docking  or maybe they could dry dock here as well 

18 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Got  to wonder  if  mother CCL corp stock pricing  being so low has any thing to do with the delays in new itineraries , We too want Koningsdam to remain in San Diego except for dry docking  or maybe they could dry dock here as well 

I would imagine all cruise lines stock are low.  Hasn’t stopped them from bringing out their itineraries.   I’ve worked at publicly traded companies almost my entire career.  Not once have any of them folded up the tent saying let’s give up now because the stock is low.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I would imagine all cruise lines stock are low.  Hasn’t stopped them from bringing out their itineraries.   I’ve worked at publicly traded companies almost my entire career.  Not once have any of them folded up the tent saying let’s give up now because the stock is low.

This is a new  ball game  . with a global recession & high inflation  there is no telling  who will be able to stay in business . . what business can't  do  is print money like the Federal Treasury Dept does  in trillions of dollars & throws it at every thing under the sun   This is why we have  this big inflation . what I am very concerned about is not just inflation but Stagflation ;which is inflation & no growth  . 

I think the Covid restrictions in Asia are a major scheduling issue for the Pacific.  I am not sure what is going on with the Caribbean/Atlantic.  I wonder if they are even going to try to compete there or if CCL is going to do some weird consolidations for that region.  They put Princess in Texas now in what appears to be a trial run, they moved some Costa over to California in an interesting marketing experiment.  There is definitely some experimentation going on.

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I think the Covid restrictions in Asia are a major scheduling issue for the Pacific.  I am not sure what is going on with the Caribbean/Atlantic.  I wonder if they are even going to try to compete there or if CCL is going to do some weird consolidations for that region.  They put Princess in Texas now in what appears to be a trial run, they moved some Costa over to California in an interesting marketing experiment.  There is definitely some experimentation going on.

I think that you are correct.  I am hoping or another Grand Asia but do not expect it any time soon.  Possible 2024 but more likely 2025?

I'm waiting for spring 2024 Mexico to be released because I'm wondering if HAL will be smart enough to capitalize on the eclipse.  (Princess has).  Anyway, my guess is they won't release the schedule until they figure out which ships they're going to have to sell before they go bankrupt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

I think that you are correct.  I am hoping or another Grand Asia but do not expect it any time soon.  Possible 2024 but more likely 2025?

I am hoping 2024 for start up but 2025 is more likely.  China did announce they would continue lockdowns until 2027 so that places a marker.  Lots of vaccine drama going on in communist Asia including their allies and satellites. 

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Instead of Grand Asia, they're doing a Grand Australia & New Zealand in 2024. It's been released for a while and is very popular. There's one stop in Indonesia. 

Per @VMax1700 recent October 2022 Charters posting:  Fall 2023 shows a Legendary R & B Charter

10/28/23 to 11/4/23 Mexican Riviera 7 day round trip from San Diego.  So, the K will be sailing out of San Diego in Fall 2023.   HAL just needs to publish the schedule for the rest of us.

• Like 2

Major wall street analysts are reporting how bad off CCL is financially... as HAL is a CCL brand this probably is having its affects across all their brands...add to that the problems in China, South America & Europe - itineraries are probably being tossed every which way - its more of a gamble at this point for CCL. Plus they can't even properly staff their ships now.

Covid, the USA economy(& global economies also) is throwing a kink into any plans for increase in fares in the coming months & probably years which would boost CCL's balance sheet....

CCL will survive but maybe its HAL's decline - as far as hard core fan base of HAL  -- they are or have died off...the brands are more generic  - as is cruising.  HAL once was a first class operation - now its just another floating Marrriott.

My first HAL cruise was back in 1976...today ...if someone didnt tell me what dam ship I was on, it would not matter - they all look the same, taste the same & thankfully float the same.

Time will tell