What is “Cruise Appreciation?l

indigosails

Okay, I know this is one of those "tips" threads and I have not been following it, but I am still chuckling every time I read "Cruise Appreciation" because it's just too funny.  Do they teach that in high school these days? 😂

3 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

It's not Win/Win for the crew members who get stiffed when people remove the gratuities because they don't believe in it where they are from. Yes, the people who remove the gratuities "Win", but the crew who see a reduction in their income certainly don't.

The point I made earlier seems to be being missed 👆

On the Sky Princess this September my stateroom steward informed me they are now salaried so passengers not tipping now makes no difference to their earnings 🤷‍♂️

Edited by devonuk
Error

7 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

So my question is:  are the people above, saying that tips are included in Princess Plus, talking about a particular market where tips are included in PP?  Or have I misunderstood something

We are in the UK. If we book Princess Plus for a cruise anywhere in the world,  the tips are included in the PP package.

• Like 1

In Australia we also have Princess standard fare which has gratuities rolled into the fare price. We also have plus and Premier plus which also has wifi, a speciality  dinner, drinks etc. Thus no need to fork  out any more in tips. 

I booked Princess Standard fare for my recent Coral cruise, did not want wi fi and  paid for my drinks.

Edited by NSWP

10 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

The Crew Appreciation concept seems to be based on the US principle and concept that you will get a participation trophy just for showing up whether you play in the game or not.  🏆😀

This made me laugh... 

I'm with the guy that called it out for what it is.  It is a wage subsidy straight up.  To those saying its "taking income" from them, that is simply not true.  They apply for a position, a salary is offered, and accepted.  This doesn't change regardless of anyone's tipping policy.  Tipping is addnl. above the salary they agreed upon.  No one is 'taking income' from anyone.  Good attempt at virtue signaling however.

This isn't a post about whether or not the salaries are fair and equitable for the work and time performed.

• Like 2

I’ve got an idea. Why don’t the people who remove the tips, do it before boarding? Why clog up the front desk, the last day of the cruise?  Take one for the team, the poor lady at the desk, could care less that you didn’t get ice delivered 5 times a day,

I

• Haha 1