Exciting Announcement from NCL: Removal of COVID-19 testing and vaccination requirements!

cruisecrazy82

Don't think that all of the requirements are gone!  Check out the country you are flying or cruising to. For example, while Israel no longer insists on vaccinations or testing, you have to show documentation of health insurance that covers COVID and fill out a detailed form for their health department. 

17 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

It may be unknowable how many ordinary flu infections have been quashed because of all the masking, and hand-washing, and elbow bumping.  

But I bet it’s hella lot.  

I'm in the medical field and saw virtually zero cases of the flu during peak COVID season.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

Here’s my question, so now there are no restrictions what if we get Covid on board   Will they isolate us, will they care?

I imagine precisely the same thing they'd do if you presented with ordinary flu with severe symptoms.  Lock you in your room, bring you food and tell you to have a good day at the end.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, v3cruiser said:

Amen to that. BUTTTTTTT. Its still confusing as many ports their own requirements still, some of which on ncl.com are actually contradictory to the respective country's website. 

Yes I am still very confused. Departing in three weeks time on NCL Star from Southampton and calling at 4 ports in Spain. For the un vaccinated, Spain says I need to provide a negative test result but NCL have told me in an email response that I do not?

On 10/3/2022 at 3:01 PM, susiesan said:

My husband and I are double vaxxed and boosted. We cruised on NCL Dawn in August on a less than 1/3 full ship. 3 days after getting home we both got covid. Everyone I know who has been on a cruise within the last 6 months has caught covid. If you go on a cruise be prepared to get covid. This is the new normal now for cruising with an endemic virus in the global population. Vaccines will not prevent anyone from getting covid.

I have been on 8 cruises so far this year including the Dawn and I haven’t had Covid yet. I do wear a mask except when I am alone, with my roommate if I have one or eating.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Daveth10 said:

Yes I am still very confused. Departing in three weeks time on NCL Star from Southampton and calling at 4 ports in Spain. For the un vaccinated, Spain says I need to provide a negative test result but NCL have told me in an email response that I do not?

Its as if we have to look at all our ports and meet the most demanding port guideline before we get on the ship. On our cruise,, Panama canal, ncl website says columbia needs a neg covid test b4 your board the ship in order to disembark in their port. costa rica(according to ncl) will not let unvaxxed disembark in port even though the costa rica govt website and us embassy both say no cv19 tests are required and no proof of vaccination needed to enter. 

We are cruising in March 2023 from Auckland, NZ to Australia and then the South Pacific.  We received info from NCL that we will need to have covid negative test before embarking in NZ.  It's very confusing as to how to time getting the test with results within the parameters, given the 17 hour time difference from where we are to NZ and the date of our embarkation.  Crazy trying to figure out how to time this and get the results as needed and can't find anyone who knows, either!!

Proof of completed series of one-dose or two-dose
primary vaccination regimen at embarkation.
And
Present one of the following:
1. Negative COVID-19 antigen test within 24
hours of the embarkation date
2. NAAT test (i.e., PCR) within three days of
embarkation date

1 hour ago, LDIdeals said:

We are cruising in March 2023 from Auckland, NZ to Australia and then the South Pacific.  We received info from NCL that we will need to have covid negative test before embarking in NZ.  It's very confusing as to how to time getting the test with results within the parameters, given the 17 hour time difference from where we are to NZ and the date of our embarkation.  Crazy trying to figure out how to time this and get the results as needed and can't find anyone who knows, either!!

Proof of completed series of one-dose or two-dose
primary vaccination regimen at embarkation.
And
Present one of the following:
1. Negative COVID-19 antigen test within 24
hours of the embarkation date
2. NAAT test (i.e., PCR) within three days of
embarkation date

I thought NZ had dropped the Covid test requirement...see the following from NZ website:

2. New Zealand’s vaccination requirements

COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements for all travellers arriving in the country, including air crew, are no longer required.

However, all travellers are strongly encouraged to remain up to date with their vaccinations before travelling to New Zealand. Vaccination remains a significant tool for preventing infection, reducing COVID-19 symptoms and severe illness.

You should check with the NZ government website.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 8:14 PM, AwesomO said:

I have to shlog to work and risk covid at work, my kids risk covid at school. might as well risk getting covid doing fun things, too. Vaxxed, boosted, masks, etc. isn't going to prevent anyone from getting it at this point, but people aren't dying from it at even close to the rate as they were before. COVID is here to stay for the long haul, just like the flu. We just have to learn to live with it and move on. I suspect the 5 day isolation period for positive cases will also disappear by the end of next year. They'll just say you can go back once you are fever free for 24 hours like we do for all other viruses. 

Great post!   100% correct!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

We cruised to the Caribbean in July with a total

of 16 people in our party. 5 people, including my husband and son, tested positive for Covid after the cruise. My daughter and I had Covid previously (also vaccinated and boosted) and did not get it. 

On 10/3/2022 at 7:16 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

Except for Greece. Hopefully, the pre-testing requirement for Athens will also disappear shortly as we're scheduled to embark on the Jade in November. 🤞🤞

Ken you mention rules for Greece but I’m not seeing any, has this changed in the past few days or am I missing something?

26 minutes ago, Happycrafter123 said:

Ken you mention rules for Greece but I’m not seeing any, has this changed in the past few days or am I missing something?

They are still gone. Note that my comment was posted on Oct 3rd. A lot has changed since then, to include Israel removing their requirement to fill out an entry form.

Travel Requirements by Port & Country (ncl.com)

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

They are still gone. Note that my comment was posted on Oct 3rd. A lot has changed since then, to include Israel removing their requirement to fill out an entry form.

Travel Requirements by Port & Country (ncl.com)

It was so funny in July when we were cruising in Greek Islands on the 180-passenger Ponant Bougainville yacht-type ship: they pushed us to put a cloth over our nose while tendering in each port a few miles away from the shore (even if you are not leaving the ship)!  Even funnier, if going to the shore in Greece then no need when walking around towns with thousands around you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1