Has anybody been able to extend their Voyager’s Club expiration date?

Cruiser933

37 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Regarding the expiration date, if I may interject with a few questions:  

How long does the status typically last before it expires?  

And does booking a new cruise before the expiration date equate to a new expiration date?

You get 3 years from last cruise or status match date if never sailed with MSC.

Not sure if a new booking will work.

• Thanks 1

Ours had expired prior to us booking our 29 September cruise (which became a 9 October cruise due to Hurricane Ian). The cruise concierge from MSC sent me instructions as to how to re-instate our Diamond status via email. It was processed in less than 48 hours and we are now Diamond once again. The cruise concierge said that even though statuses had expired due to Covid, they are re-instating people. I never asked what the threshold was -- sorry! It had been nearly 3 years since we cruised last.

PS: Has anyone else tried the new Cruise Concierge program? Access it via the "Call Me" pop up on the MSC web site. I had a dedicated Cruise Concierge for our sailing and he called me back within 15 minutes every time I had a question or needed assistance. Much better than calling in to the "regular" number!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Ours had expired prior to us booking our 29 September cruise (which became a 9 October cruise due to Hurricane Ian). The cruise concierge from MSC sent me instructions as to how to re-instate our Diamond status via email. It was processed in less than 48 hours and we are now Diamond once again. The cruise concierge said that even though statuses had expired due to Covid, they are re-instating people. I never asked what the threshold was -- sorry! It had been nearly 3 years since we cruised last.

PS: Has anyone else tried the new Cruise Concierge program? Access it via the "Call Me" pop up on the MSC web site. I had a dedicated Cruise Concierge for our sailing and he called me back within 15 minutes every time I had a question or needed assistance. Much better than calling in to the "regular" number!

It sounds as though yours had expired incorrectly, which maybe why it was reinstated. The threshold is cruise every 3 years but an extra year was added due to Covid. If your last cruise was 3 years ago, your status shouldn't had e expired. 

Posters have raised this question before but I don't recall anyone reporting any success. If you're beyond expiry, status is lost. Others may remember successful stories, however. 

2 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

It sounds as though yours had expired incorrectly, which maybe why it was reinstated.

Perhaps you are correct. I just know that the website had us listed as expired and the cruise concierge helped us get it back. As is typical with MSC, experiences of others may be different.

Edited by Best Cat Mom

1 hour ago, ravensrockdc said:

When logged in, and looking at your Voyagers club, is the date under your name the expiration date? I can take the heat for dumb question.. thanks..

Yes, and mine appears to have been extended to the end of next year.

• Like 1