What are you doing with unused Emed tests?

PKB

6 hours ago, canderson said:

The cruising history in your signature would seem to confirm that.

Ever thought about a Celebrity cruise?

I have.  However, someone just posted that towards the end of their cruise masks were required due to high covid numbers.  I do not want to be stuck on a cruise and have to wear a mask.  Right now with land vacations if that happens I can leave and go someplace else.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keksie said:

Haven't ever had to or wanted to take a test yet.  

Had to take a test to cruise r/t from Seattle to Alaska in September 2021. Wanted to DIY test the last night of that cruise before we stayed with health-compromised family members in Portland. Asked to test @Christmastime by Chicago SiL after learning I'd been exposed to the virus. Tested when DH had covid in April. Nada for me. Tested myself on 9/28 after feeling wonky- negative. Tested again on 9/30 after feeling far worse than wonky; clearly positive so contacted PCP's office and had a video consult with her nurse who arranged for Paxlovid. Been fever-free after the first dose and regained my vim/vigor the next day. Feeling good ever since. Volunteered to test myself again this afternoon with hopefully negative results so that I can attend book group tonight!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

what was in your Covid treatment bag in case you got Covid ?

Digital thermometer,  oxygen saturation monitor, Tylenol, Robitussin caplets, not liquid, for cough, Mucinex, alcohol wipes,  Claritin, Zyrtec,  sudafed,  throat lozenges, cough drops, scissors.  Basically everything I could think of for cold/flu symptoms.  My spouse and I each had a bag in case one of us got quarantined.  We decided to separate so the other could be an advocate for the one in quarantine.

Didn't need to use anything in it.  If you are prepared, you won't need it, we reasoned.

Edited by PKB
  • Like 3

For those who are on TA’s or some itineary that requires a monitored test and plan on having one done at a port pharmacy, I’d also suggest you bring a monitored self-test as a back up. Takes away any ‘issues’ of getting the test done there….late flights, and just any unexpected issues.

Would lower the stress for me. Backups are a good idea.

den

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

I have.  However, someone just posted that towards the end of their cruise masks were required due to high covid numbers.  I do not want to be stuck on a cruise and have to wear a mask.  Right now with land vacations if that happens I can leave and go someplace else.  

On no.  A mask? How horrible.   Give me a break.  

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, HBDave said:

Would you be interested in selling them and mailing them to Idaho?

I have a Transatlantic scheduled for the end of October that still requires a Supervised Test. I was planning on going to a Pharmacy in Rome for the test, but maybe this would be easier.

Here in Arizona the country health departments are giving them out for free.  Walgreens has on the shelf at under $7.

On 10/5/2022 at 8:52 AM, PKB said:

Digital thermometer,  oxygen saturation monitor, Tylenol, Robitussin caplets, not liquid, for cough, Mucinex, alcohol wipes,  Claritin, Zyrtec,  sudafed,  throat lozenges, cough drops, scissors.  Basically everything I could think of for cold/flu symptoms.  My spouse and I each had a bag in case one of us got quarantined.  We decided to separate so the other could be an advocate for the one in quarantine.

Didn't need to use anything in it.  If you are prepared, you won't need it, we reasoned.

We generally pack all of that kind of stuff, with the exception of the ox monitor for any extended travel out of the country. We also have a small generic (6x6x3) first aid kit that gets tossed into the bags. Never know when you might need some bandages and other stuff for a scrapes from falls or other boo-boos acquired while exploring ports.