Greenland Iceland Summer cruise with an 11 year old (?)

jancknsally19

We are planning to do a cruise next summer to Iceland & Greenland - for people have done these locations, where there other kids on the boat?  We have an only child and one of the reasons that we like cruising is that she can always make friends on the cruise ships.  Frankly, she will be miserable if she can't make friends (and ergo Mom & Dad will be miserable lol)  TIA

We just went on a Iceland / Ireland cruise on Celebrity Apex.   A few years ago we went on a Norway cruise on Cunard QE.   For both trips, there were kids but not many.  However, both of those lines do not really cater towards kids, you may be better off on Royal, NCL or HAL etc.

Personally, I like the idea of taking an 11 year old on international travel, it is such a gift even if there is some grumbling.   My kids are adults now, but I took them cruising when they were young, I was a full time single dad and cruises were easy planning.   I found that 11-15 years old was an ideal time to travel.   16 - 19 is tricky, they may hate you then (just kidding.......OK, maybe not just kidding).   When your daughter is 21 she will love you again and want to travel.  But then you may be talking 2 cabins, and there may be a boyfriend tagging along, and both of them might like the $79 filet mignon in the specialty restaurant and you will be paying for everything !!  

Kids grow up fast, take advantage while you can... Good luck planning.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Taking out 11 and 16 year old on a similar cruise in August.  It stops at a port every day, and there is hiking, kayaking, biking, etc to do on shore.  I'm not worried about them being bored.  The cruise is just a fun floating hotel to get us to the next port!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...