Does anyone have experience with the Taste of the Vineyards wine package?

Stockjock

They have a classic package and a premium package, which obviously is wine only.

I'm not fully understanding what it is.  They also write, "Your choice of 3, 5, or 7 bottles from a selection of our international wines, such as..."

So I don't get that either, unless there are different wines at different price points.  The price doesn't seem bad.

Does anyone have experience with these wine packages?

This sounds very similar to Azamara's offerings. The classic and premium packages are all wines by the glass. In addition, if you would like wines by the bottle you can purchase (3, 5 or 7 bottles) from a limited selection. Azamara offered about a dozen reds and about the same number of whites. I don't know how many Celebrity will offer as it's been some time since we sailed with them. Cost offers a discount on the regular pricing.

If you can't drink a whole bottle they will cork it and keep it for you to drink on another evening.

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

They have a classic package and a premium package, which obviously is wine only.

I'm not fully understanding what it is.  They also write, "Your choice of 3, 5, or 7 bottles from a selection of our international wines, such as..."

So I don't get that either, unless there are different wines at different price points.  The price doesn't seem bad.

Does anyone have experience with these wine packages?

We used to purchase these packages in the days before drinks packages. If I remember correctly we bought them on both RC and Celebrity. I seem to remember that the menu of wines you could choose from varied from cruise to cruise. On boarding you would look at the lists of wines (about 8/10) included in each package (red, white one sparkling). You would choose either the classic or the premium. I think the saving between buying 5 bottles independently or buying 5 on the package was about 20%. 

Wine you didn’t finish was kept for you until the next night. If you changed dining area they would transfer your wine.

A good option for those who drink wine but would not get the benefit from the other aspects of a drinks package.

We used to do this probably about 10 years ago so the system may be different now…

We have purchased this on Celebrity.  There are 2 packages Classic and  Premium.  Within each of those you can buy a 3, 5 or 7 bottle package.  The price you see advertised for the Classic package is for 3 bottles.  The 5 & 7 bottle packages cost more.  The same with the Premium package. 

I would not pre purchase a package, particularly now with supply shortages, until I was on the ship and could talk to the Sommelier and find out what wines are actually available in each package. 

• Like 1

I just did a mock purchase and once you select premium or classic, there are higher prices in each category depending on whether one chooses 3, 5, or 7 bottles respectively.

Based on the price for, let's say a 7 bottle package, I'd probably rather just buy a regular drink package, as the prices aren't wildly different, but one would get a lot more variety, and unlimited drinks, with the regular drink packages.

39 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I just did a mock purchase and once you select premium or classic, there are higher prices in each category depending on whether one chooses 3, 5, or 7 bottles respectively.

Based on the price for, let's say a 7 bottle package, I'd probably rather just buy a regular drink package, as the prices aren't wildly different, but one would get a lot more variety, and unlimited drinks, with the regular drink packages.

When we bought the wine package we were in a suite but no beverage package (the upgrade fairy didn’t give out beverage packages) so we had Elite happy hour drinks and free drinks in Michael’s Club but no drinks in Luminae so the wine package gave us wine for dinner. 

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I looked at it but decided against it because you can't pre-choose the wines.

Wine by the glass (what is in the drink package) may or may not be to your liking.  Wines by the bottle gives you more choices.  Really only makes sense if you are into wine.  In which case you are probably better off bringing on your own wine and paying the corkage fee.  A GOOD wine shop is likely to have a much better choice of wines at a better price then what they have on-board.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am also confused by this package. The terms seem to be the same as the regular beverage package - “the package can’t be shared” and the option for purchase lists each passenger individually.

Does that mean that a couple traveling together each have to buy a minimum of 3 bottles and drink from separate bottles of wine at dinner?

It doesn’t seem logical so I’d appreciate clarification