Is Barefoot beach no longer suite only area

jptoz

Was just on cruise planner for one of my cruises that stop at labadee. It looks like anyone can purchase access to the cabana area. Looks like it's called "barefoot beach cabana club". Is this the case now , is it still for suite guest only? Or is it RCI IT department at work again. Just curious. Thanks 

According to Royal's own website (Map of Barefoot Beach, just to the right of the ship), it's exclusive to Grand Suites and above.  Having said that, that doesn't mean that Royal won't sell Cabanas to non-suite folks.  

image.png.bc27394a4e5a6a423e88fb4af83e3ccf.png

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

According to Royal's own website (Map of Barefoot Beach, just to the right of the ship), it's exclusive to Grand Suites and above.  Having said that, that doesn't mean that Royal won't sell Cabanas to non-suite folks.  

image.png.bc27394a4e5a6a423e88fb4af83e3ccf.png

We were just there yesterday and this is 100% accurate. They just recently started selling cabanas to any guest on board the ship, not just to suite guests on the cruise planner. 

Add that Pinnacles have access as well no matter their cabin. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We were just there yesterday and this is 100% accurate. They just recently started selling cabanas to any guest on board the ship, not just to suite guests on the cruise planner. 

Add that Pinnacles have access as well no matter their cabin. 

As a suite guest what did you have access to and what did you have to pay for separately?

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

As a suite guest what did you have access to and what did you have to pay for separately?

Beach area with Buffet there is a bar with to pay for drinks. 
there was a water and I think fruit punch dispenser at the buffet.

loungers and umbrellas in the middle are included. 

if you are suite guest there is a barefoot beach shuttle as well - which was fun last week when the concierge had us counted and lined up for the next shuttle and as soon as it pulled up people just walking by just pushed in front and got on it and the poor concierge had to explain that we were all waiting and it was a suite guest barefoot beach only shuttle. 🙄 

Edited by Spurschick
  • Thanks 1

As someone who stays in a suite and loves Barefoot Beach, I have no problem sharing it with someone that is willing to pay those cabana prices.  I believe there are only 8 or 10 Cabanas that have access to the area and the last time I was there, in February they were a hefty charge and only half occupied.

3 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

As someone who stays in a suite and loves Barefoot Beach, I have no problem sharing it with someone that is willing to pay those cabana prices.  I believe there are only 8 or 10 Cabanas that have access to the area and the last time I was there, in February they were a hefty charge and only half occupied.

Last week on Harmony there were several empty as well which surprises me as they are a lot cheaper than the Cabanas at Coco Cay.

Royal has been testing higher cabana rates at Labadee given the seemingly endless number of guests willing to pay outrageous cabana pricing at CocoCay.  When they jacked the rates there were fewer suite guests buying them at the new price point so they opened BB cabanas up to non-suite guests.  There was a thread about this at the time.  

They still enforce suite only access for non-cabanas guests.  In July I saw some interlopers booted from BB.  

58 minutes ago, twangster said:

Royal has been testing higher cabana rates at Labadee given the seemingly endless number of guests willing to pay outrageous cabana pricing at CocoCay.  When they jacked the rates there were fewer suite guests buying them at the new price point so they opened BB cabanas up to non-suite guests.  There was a thread about this at the time.  

They still enforce suite only access for non-cabanas guests.  In July I saw some interlopers booted from BB.  

I've watched people climb over the wall right by the little bar.  The staff was on them like stink on s...

I just don't understand why people are willing to pay such prices for a cabana.  People have got to know that the prices are way over inflated.  I'll never pay the current rates for one.  Hell, I've never paid half the current rates for one.  

• Like 1