The Key Embarkation Day Lunch Menu

5 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Do the people with UDP get in on this as well?

I do not believe so as this is a key lunch in MDR - however if you have UDP you can book chops for embarkation lunch (or any of the specialty dining restaurants) or even depending on the ship an a la Carte and get a per person credit.

Edited by Spurschick
Spelling.

5 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

I do not believe so as this is a key lunch in MDR - however if you have UDP you can book chops for embarkation lunch (or any of the specialty dining restaurants) or even depending on the ship an a la Carte and get a per person credit.

Do you have to do that before your cruise starts?and how do you do that?

14 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Do you have to do that before your cruise starts?and how do you do that?

The a la cartes are normally just walk in. The restaurants depends on ship. Which ship are you on? 

if you are in a suite you can book through concierge. If not then when you get to port you can connect to ships wifi and book. 

normally embarkation day I have never seen the specialty restaurants full or overcrowded, so you can just turn up when you get onboard. 

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spurschick said:

The a la crates are normally just walk in. The restaurants depends on ship. Which ship are you on? 

if you are in a suite you can book through concierge. If not then when you get to port you can connect to ships wifi and book. 

normally embarkation day I have never seen the specialty restaurants full or overcrowded so you can just turn up when you get onboard. 

Thank for the good advice!!

Thanks for all the great info.  We are buying Internet anyway.  So, I am trying to price out what additional benefits we would get with the Key,  Waiting for the Black Friday sale to see if the price gets lower.  Right now, it is $100 more than the Internet package for two devices.That is more than I want to pay.  And, I don't eat beef!

On 10/7/2022 at 7:46 PM, MarieF4861 said:

Thanks for all the great info.  We are buying Internet anyway.  So, I am trying to price out what additional benefits we would get with the Key,  Waiting for the Black Friday sale to see if the price gets lower.  Right now, it is $100 more than the Internet package for two devices.That is more than I want to pay.  And, I don't eat beef!

We are in the exact same situation with our upcoming cruise.  I keep weighing that $100 more.  Haven't bought the key yet though.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

We are in the exact same situation with our upcoming cruise.  I keep weighing that $100 more.  Haven't bought the key yet though.

Just boarded Voyager today with The Key, our first time with this package. We really appreciated the priority boarding and dropping off our bags at the MDR, to be delivered directly into our rooms. Lunch was leisurely, delicious and worth it; the company at our table was exceptional. We purchased The Key on sale for only a few dollars more than Voom, so well worth the cost so far. Looking forward to disembarkation with the breakfast in the MDR and expedited exit from the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had the Chops lunch as Key members in Norway last month and also prepaid for another lunch on sea day. Worst steak we have ever had in a specialty restaurant, We normally sail on HAL and there was no comparison to the Pinnacle Grille steaks. Would not have gone the second time if not prepaid. We will not pay for any specialty restaurants on our December RCI cruise.

I was talking to one of the servers in Chops on Voyager last week and she told us that while the MDR does serve the Chops menu for The Key luncheon, it is not prepared in Chops or by the Chops kitchen staff - it's all made in the MDR galley by that kitchen staff.  As @3kidsncats said, if this is a primary reason for purchasing The Key, just pay to eat lunch in a specialty restaurant so you get food prepared and served by that staff.