Evening Dress Code/enforcement

Rick&Susan

22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

My Costco membership gives me free ketchup in the food court.  And free salt and pepper on Celebrity cruises!

I think the next time I cruise I’ll bring pepper spray.  In case someone in shorts and a tshirt sits next to me.

Good idea,!!

Pepper spray for the folks in a Tux and formal dress in the theatre at night. 😊

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

No you don’t understand!!!  It’s for anyone wearing “designer” jeans.  🙃

Some designer jeans come with fancy labeling or fancy stitching. Just talked with Kirkland (hey Zenith has is perks!) and my designer jeans will now come with pepper spray for use on the over-dressed. 😊

And he's working on a pepper spray neutralizer, built right into the fabric,  for the next time I cruise with you. 😉

4 hours ago, carolina_yankee said:

I’m 57 and will be on the Apex in a month. And will be happy to follow the dress code! And may also pull my phone out to take a pic of the food or look up the answer to an arcane question we’re all arguing about at the dinner table. 

As the one you'll be arguing with, I will be happy to let you research why I'm right. But we will be well-dressed while doing so!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, carolina_yankee said:

Washington? The guy who never told a lie? 😉 

Actually, I was thinking about our George who couldn't be trusted, King George III.

So along with your George you really never ever ever trust a guy named George! 😁

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Actually, I was thinking about our George who couldn't be trusted, King George III.

So along with your George you really never ever ever trust a guy named George! 😁

Are others permitted to join in or is it all about you?

On 10/11/2022 at 9:43 PM, zitsky said:

I just (re) booked a cruise on the Beyond and I’m 56.  Will they let me on the ship?  I’m not young enough.

Wait a minute, my wife and I are young 70's and we have future cruises booked on the Apex and Edge, will we be too old for them? LOL That is what we like about Celebrity much more age inclusive than lines like HAL. 

I love threads like this because it separates out the dress snobs from the rest of us. I do not own a suit or sports jacket, but I will wear long pants and a golf or button shirt for dinner. I do not waste a thought on what others are wearing, far too many let this apparently, ruin their vacations. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You wear golf shirts and say you’re not a snob?  In the trailer park that’s what all the people in the double wides would wear.  😂

Your comment is totally uncalled for and needs to be removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

''Uncalled for" comments appear in every thread--

They come from Trolls who always look for a "fight"--

I guarantee none are as tough in person .

(Here comes the " Who are you to decide " what's called for or not, etc,etc).

In your previous post----

" I do not waste a thought on what others are wearing, far too many let this apparently, ruin their vacations". 

Never had a vacation ruined because some jerks won't follow the rules or acceptable behavior.

Learned long ago---Toughness (strength) in business is the ability to say "NO" ---

IMO Celebrity shows weakness in not enforcing their rules. If they will not enforce their rules, why have them in the first place.

C'est la vie--- (that's life).

5 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

''Uncalled for" comments appear in every thread--

They come from Trolls who always look for a "fight"--

I guarantee none are as tough in person .

(Here comes the " Who are you to decide " what's called for or not, etc,etc).

In your previous post----

" I do not waste a thought on what others are wearing, far too many let this apparently, ruin their vacations". 

Never had a vacation ruined because some jerks won't follow the rules or acceptable behavior.

Learned long ago---Toughness (strength) in business is the ability to say "NO" ---

IMO Celebrity shows weakness in not enforcing their rules. If they will not enforce their rules, why have them in the first place.

C'est la vie--- (that's life).

Some bold statements there - I bet most people on here and those who sail Celebrity and don’t post here (sensible people 😂) have all broken a Celebrity rule at one time or another so are all “jerks” in your view? 

Let me try to qualify that, a rule I’ve mentioned often, the capacity in the pool on Equinox of 14 broken every single day on our recent cruises, far more breaking it than wearing shorts in restaurants. SunBed hogging another. Fact is the only one of these rules that really impacts other passengers is the bed hogging one.  Unless of course you get yourself wound up by what others wear and as Terry says, let that ruin your vacation, or at least that evening. I agree Celebrity need to start enforcing the rules or reviewing them, the latter would be my preference, the former no doubt the preference of many others. 

41 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

You take yourself too seriously.  Remove your comment about dress snobs and I’ll remove mine.  Where I come from the way you dress is considered upper class.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, gonecroozin said:

Well I must be one, because I go to dinner in restaurants that don’t allow shorts.

I think whatever the rules are, just be consistent. But X is afraid of offending people.  Let them decide if shorts are ok.

I know lots of women that wear spandex pants while doing their errands.  I’m not a fan of those at dinner either.  

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I think whatever the rules are, just be consistent. But X is afraid of offending people.  Let them decide if shorts are ok.

I know lots of women that wear spandex pants while doing their errands.  I’m not a fan of those at dinner either.  

Yikes--- that reminds me of that " old fart " with the 32 yr old that I mentioned soooo many times ( yes, a bit of jealousy on my part)-- 

Let's say She was wearing short shorts or spandex pants into the dining room on ANY night--Nooooo problem.

Let's say He was wearing shorts or (was even able to fit into) spandex pants into the dining room on ANY night---Bigggggg problem.

LOL---Talk about "Entitled"--- there's a perfect example.

43 minutes ago, gonecroozin said:

Well I must be one, because I go to dinner in restaurants that don’t allow shorts.

I have not found one in Texas. I am going next Wednesday to the Capital Grille and just checked their dress code. It says athletic shorts not allowed. So I take that to mean dress shorts are allowed. (I won't be wearing shorts though)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

You take yourself too seriously.  Remove your comment about dress snobs and I’ll remove mine.  Where I come from the way you dress is considered upper class.

No I do not, however, you basically called me "Trailer Trash" because I will wear long pants and a polo golf or button up shirt to in the dining room, which by the way are 100% within the dress guidelines as stated by Celebrity. There are too many dress snobs here who even think long pants and a golf shirt are inappropriate. BTW who appointed you dress police? You seem all too consumed by what people wear while on a cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Toughness (strength) in business is the ability to say "NO" ---

It is not weakness, They know their customers. There are busnesses where the ability to say no is a strength. Saying no in a hospitality industry is not generally a strength. 

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

No I do not, however, you basically called me "Trailer Trash" because I will wear long pants and a polo golf or button up shirt to in the dining room, which by the way are 100% within the dress guidelines as stated by Celebrity. There are too many dress snobs here who even think long pants and a golf shirt are inappropriate. BTW who appointed you dress police? You seem all too consumed by what people wear while on a cruise.

First, I *AM* trailer trash and that term is really offensive and if you read again you will see that I most certainly did not use that term.  On the contrary I called you “upper class”.  If that is offensive to you then I apologize.

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have not found one in Texas. I am going next Wednesday to the Capital Grille and just checked their dress code. It says athletic shorts not allowed. So I take that to mean dress shorts are allowed. (I won't be wearing shorts though)

Same here in San Antonio, we have several 4- and 5-star fine dining restaurants in San Antonio that will allow dress shorts anytime. I doubt there are any that require more in our city, and we have dined in most of them. We are a vacation tourist destination city and casual dress including shorts are never considered out of place.

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It is not weakness, They know their customers. There are busnesses where the ability to say no is a strength. Saying no in a hospitality industry is not generally a strength. 

No difference the type of Business ( Industry)you are in---

It's my home(Business)---It's my rules.