Beyond split cabana - privacy

zitsky

Here's another couple of pics of what I call the wind tunnel, one on Edge and one of Beyond showing the Magic Carpet where it usually parks. Only occasionally does it go up to deck 16 or down to deck 5.

Also a pic of the view from an S class cabana.

Beyond

DSC04010s.jpg

Silhouette

HX04428ms.jpg

Edge

RX600102s.jpg

Edited by JBare

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’m hoping no one in pool or cabana is playing music on a Bluetooth speaker.

I must count myself lucky as I've never experienced "Bluetooth speakers" by the pool. Doesn't sound pleasant at all 😲

Dumb question?  So on BEYOND cabanas face the pool and face rows of pool chairs.  I’ve seen pics of the pool with recliners all right next to each other with no space between.  So do you have to walk ALL the way around to get in the pool?  Seems a hassle.  Is the solarium any different?

7 hours ago, JBare said:

Edge

RX600102s.jpg

What is incredible to me is the seats on the right are not part of the Cabana they are open to any guest who choose to sit there and look straight at you if you are using the Cabana.  Also the walkway is the entrance to the Magic Carpet and the route to the Hamburger Grill.   This whole design was a real miss. 

Re audio privacy it’s only a problem if everyone is on speaker.  Or if they have a party for 20 in a space designed for 4.

I’m used to the stares.  I get that a lot when I’m driving my Lambo.

I think I may try this. A half cabana.   It can be improved if you put a small table at the end of the lounger instead of using one cushion as a table.  When you look at all the included, even at the newer price, the half is a pretty good deal.  I know I can find a space elsewhere and just visit the grill but it’s a different experience.

I assume everyone gets out of the pool when I go in?

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Celebrity Beyond review May 2023.

1/5 stars

Food was excellent but the pool had no diving board.

I thought that was what the white elephant was for! 

(If you don't know already, you will when you get there!)

45 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

If I have a drink package the drinks are worth zero to me.

Harumph.  Everyone can have a drink package.  Not everyone can have a cabana.  Well maybe just the 263 other people they sell cabanas to.  But I’m still special, darn it!

3 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Beyond

n.jpg

What am I looking at?  These both seem to be for 2 people but on the left is just a sofa.  And I’ve seen other Beyond pictures that look quite different?

3 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Beyond

n.jpg

We are cruising  on BEYOND  same as you.  Are you going to try this?

On EDGE they were oriented differently but were still  impacted by walk throughs.and  had  part of the seating on the other side of the path...just a poor design choice.

The pathway was also very windy..planters were blown down regularly. Hats blew off as we walked through on our art tour.

12 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

Beyond. Split one on the left.

image.thumb.jpeg.66f76ba030f251d2d88f2fa600eb1d0c.jpeg

And this is a picture of the BEYOND with what appears to be a large number of FREE seats, recliners, chairs etc between the cabanas and the pool?

Dances :

Sorry I  forgot..You are going top shelf..so no need. Everything will be self contained.  We do not have a cabin crawl planned for the short cruuse but hope u will post Villa photos,

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, hcat said:

We are cruising  on BEYOND  same as you.  Are you going to try this?

On EDGE they were oriented differently but were still  impacted by walk throughs.and  had  part of the seating on the other side of the path...just a poor design choice.

The pathway was also very windy..planters were blown down regularly. Hats blew off as we walked through on our art tour.

Are you asking me?

Maybe but I’m seeing very different BEYOND pictures from different people.

11 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

Paying for shade. 

In May that might be nice.  But I’m sure there is free shade somewhere.

Do you have any idea why I’ve seen some Beyond pics for a 2 person cabana that appear to show larger or smaller configuration? 

I’ve booked one at least until I can get on board to reconcile the different info I’m seeing, to verify the exact size of the cabana.  I will cancel later if it turns out to be too small.  One pic shows a sofa.  Another shows a lounger with a large cushion that serves as foot rest and/or table.  And I understand that the Beyond is a different ship from the Edge and Apex.  I’m talking about photos from the Beyond.