Who is the Captain of the Edge at present?

itsanita

Is there a way of finding out this information or is it not released how long captains are on there ships. Same as cruise entertainment directors would be nice to know as there are some certainly better than others.

We were on Equinox in April and the captain was poor, very little interaction and even his announcements were very poor no enthusiasum at all. Never seen him the full cruise either.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Captain Tasos is currently on vacation and he will join the ship again in November, don't know who is on currently.

It's Larry.

Oh, and his brother Darryl is filling in as 1st Officer and his other brother Darryl is the 2nd officer. 😁

image.jpeg.8ddedbd09b2dfcbbce1b6f46490c0ff4.jpeg

That's Captain Larry in the middle, just in case anyone wants to say Hi!

Edited by DirtyDawg

Could someone please explain to me why it matters who the captain is? This is a genuine question - not being snarky at all - I've just always been curious about this. As long as the captain is competent and can get the ship safely from Point A to Point B, I'm happy...much like I am when I board an airplane. I understand it's part of the "grand tradition" of cruising, but I've always thought the captain has much more important things to do than shaking hands and making chit-chat with passengers - like making sure we don't crash into something (I'm looking at you, Concordia).

17 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Could someone please explain to me why it matters who the captain is? This is a genuine question - not being snarky at all - I've just always been curious about this.

I believe you posted a legitimate question, I do not think you are being snarky at all. 🙂 I believe for a large percentage of the guests on a cruise ship, it would not make a significant difference who the captain is. 

But, for some folks that have had the privilege of becoming acquainted with some generous and friendly captains and/or crew members, it might make a difference.

I know of a couple that because they knew the captain and the captain’s daughter got to share a dinner at the captain’s table with their very young son and the captain’s daughter.

I know a couple that because they knew the captain were invited to be on the bridge for the trip through the archipelago entering Stockholm.

I know a couple that because they knew the captain were invited to the bridge while going through the locks of the Panama Canal.

I know of a couple that were treated to a marvelous multi course dinner at a specialty restaurant with the Associiate Hotel Director because they knew the Hotel Director.

I could share quite a few more examples, but I hope I gave at least a few small reasons some folks might prefer being on a ship with certain crew members.  😎

Of  course, because of the incident you mentioned and others, a lot of the activities have been greatly reduced.  

7 minutes ago, Texed said:

I believe you posted a legitimate question, I do not think you are being snarky at all. 🙂 I believe for a large percentage of the guests on a cruise ship, it would not make a significant difference who the captain is. 

But, for some folks that have had the privilege of becoming acquainted with some generous and friendly captains and/or crew members, it might make a difference.

I know of a couple that because they knew the captain and the captain’s daughter got to share a dinner at the captain’s table with their very young son and the captain’s daughter.

I know a couple that because they knew the captain were invited to be on the bridge for the trip through the archipelago entering Stockholm.

I know a couple that because they knew the captain were invited to the bridge while going through the locks of the Panama Canal.

I know of a couple that were treated to a marvelous multi course dinner at a specialty restaurant with the Associiate Hotel Director because they knew the Hotel Director.

I could share quite a few more examples, but I hope I gave at least a few small reasons some folks might prefer being on a ship with certain crew members.  😎

Of  course, because of the incident you mentioned and others, a lot of the activities have been greatly reduced.  

This was a great answer and I truly appreciate the examples. I had never heard about these types of situations occurring, so it's great to hear that some have had great experiences they would not have had otherwise. 

• Like 1