Really Bad Experience with Princess

mcrcruiser

2 hours ago, pklein9747 said:

I find it interesting that you came on Cruise Critic to complain but didn't come here for help.  You are a seasoned traveler and a seasoned Cruise Critic user.  These forums are ALWAYS the first place I go to seek information or assistance.  You should have asked for assistance here and would have realized that you didn't need to use the app.

Or, you know, Princess could make it perfectly clear on their website that the app is not necessary. But they don't. Princess could make it perfectly clear when someone calls them that the app is not necessary. But they don't.

The app is garbage and what I find "interesting" is that anyone would take the time to come to Cruise Critic to defend it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pklein9747 said:

I find it interesting that you came on Cruise Critic to complain but didn't come here for help.  You are a seasoned traveler and a seasoned Cruise Critic user.  These forums are ALWAYS the first place I go to seek information or assistance.  You should have asked for assistance here and would have realized that you didn't need to use the app.

Do we know he didn't?  Scolding elder folk seems to be the fad right now.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

Or, you know, Princess could make it perfectly clear on their website that the app is not necessary. But they don't. Princess could make it perfectly clear when someone calls them that the app is not necessary. But they don't.

The app is garbage and what I find "interesting" is that anyone would take the time to come to Cruise Critic to defend it.

For a number of us it works well and we have found value in it.  With it check in goes much faster, most information is retained for new cruises, on board the order function and the ability to locate where other members of your group are on board ship is also worthwhile.

I find it interesting that people have to post the same sob story multiple times, after several people responded to the OP in another post explaining that they did not even have to use it.  Yet they are posting the same story again.

12 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Considering that they posted the same issue a few days ago.  Where several people responded trying to help with work arounds and other information both about how to use it, as well as that it was not even needed to be used.  Yet here comes the same story all over again.

Maybe it is just people with the woe is me stories that are more interested in the story than any resolutions.  Pretty much standard for the OP, going to back to many people taking time to try (searching for locations with vaccine, identifying hours when it was available, etc.) and help them when they were lamenting about not being able to get vaccinated

19 minutes ago, Kay S said:

It only takes a look at their posting history. OP apparently has found a lot of situations that they feel the need to complain about repeatedly, even after others have taken the time and trouble to explain how to handle them. And age has nothing to do with pointing out the alternatives the OP could have taken instead of just canceling their cruise in a fit of impatience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We have $934  in FCC which had ti be used on a cruise in 2022 or loose it ,Well we booked a cruise into a handicap balcony cabin .when I tried for over 6  hours to get help on how to down load "Ocean Ready " on to my  I Phone  there was No help . what I came to understand is that Princess hired a lot og new  & untrained  in this matter people  .Thwen I cam across some one at their corporate headquarters who directed me to the online  unfo where I could down load my passports emergency contacts  ie  .BUT ,when I came to the last step of placing our pictures on their wen=b site I  gave up 

Summation ,I am 83 & many cruisers are older generation who have the time & money to cruise . however ,this technology  is way over our  heads &  with no knowledgeable people y Princess do they really  expect the older generation ro want to sail with them vas the others with the on line pre boarding methods ;especially as inflation eats into the publics ability to  spend these sums vs other   necessities   of living 

Bottom line We threw away the $934  of  FCC  & booked with Holland America   using the standard on line  pre boarding web site  info . 

when any one arrives at any cruise terminal  the security people will not let a person into the building unless they can present a boarding pass & pass port 

We have done 87 cruise pre pandemic  &  never had this many problems with any cruise line  .Princess is now on my no cruise list of cruise lines 

Have you considered using a local travel agent, where you could  meet with them in person?  The local auto clubs still have travel agents in the office.  I suspect they would help you get OceanReady if you booked your cruise through them.  A lot of long-term cruisers have a hard time with the technology.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have booked 6  new cruises  .It is not a dislike for Princess ships  or product  but , when we trued to get help  by calling Princess & even to the point when cancelling the cruise  92 days in advance ,Princess was trying to hit us with a cancellation fee , I handles that one by telling them they can meet us in a Calif small claims court  . This was so crazy that I warn  my friends  to stay away  & book with any other cruise lines 

Some people on these threads love to flame people when  it does not meet with their thought process ,. Most things that I forgot they will wish they knew about travel  including how to book hotels  for free & eat in Europe capital cities for free  & it is all legitimate  . just having the knowledge  ;which i would never share with my naysayers  here

Yes I could  write a  book  on actual hands on international travel  ; But ,i don\';t need to do it   for the money  .I enjoy travel so much that I share   really great information  on how to get the best for far less  cost 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 2