Allianz Insurance

kweentwo

Has anyone used Allianz for cruise insurance and how close to departure can you purchase if necessary? We did not purchase insurance at booking and may need to cancel our trip due to a potential death in the family. We are scheduled to depart in 1 week, would we receive credit for a future cruise?

16 minutes ago, kweentwo said:

Has anyone used Allianz for cruise insurance and how close to departure can you purchase if necessary? We did not purchase insurance at booking and may need to cancel our trip due to a potential death in the family. We are scheduled to depart in 1 week, would we receive credit for a future cruise?

there are a lot of variables in that situation that probably would be best addressed by your TA or an insurance person

I have used Allianz but I can't answer that either.

My policies with Allianz provide a refund and not credit towards another cruise. Since this person is already sick, I can't answer it as it as it is a known condition and I don't know if it must be purchased within a certain period of time to cover that. I would call the insurance company or broker of insurance.

There is an insurance portion of CC. That maybe a better place.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/ 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

So sorry that you are going thru this and might miss your cruise.

I am strongly assuming that if you have not prev. gotten an insurance policy, that you will be out of luck.

Usually you have to buy them within so many days of booking the cruise, or within final payment.  This close to departure, not sure if Princess would be able to offer much at all.  Def. no refund.  Maybe some Future Cruise Credit.   (travel insurance can always be a good idea)

PS:  If you did have insurance, you would file for reimbursement of the covered money you have paid. Princess will often want to offer Future Cruise Credits.

Check with Princess or your TA.

Good Luck!

Edited by Wishing on a star

We have the Annual Policy for both of us , have not used to for a cruise claim but SW canceled our flights when we got off Ruby in Fort Lauderdale . We had to spend 2 nights in a Hotel Allianz covered everything ,food ,hotel etc.

• Thanks 1

Several years ago I broke my ankle in Hawaii and needed surgery.  We had Allianz. They covered everything including  my stay at a hotel in Hawaii and sent a nurse from New York to accompany my husband and I home.  We were very satisfied.  But again that was years ago so I don't know how they are now.

13 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We have the Annual Policy for both of us , have not used to for a cruise claim but SW canceled our flights when we got off Ruby in Fort Lauderdale . We had to spend 2 nights in a Hotel Allianz covered everything ,food ,hotel etc.

Just wondering what do you need to show the airline cancelled your flights?  Thanks

The App for Allianz on phone is easy even for 73 year old ...I uploaded hotel and food receipts , also all communication from the airline ...we were sitting in Vista Lounge when I got a TEXT ....Your Flight is Cancelled ...took a picture of that too ...

9 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

The App for Allianz on phone is easy even for 73 year old ...I uploaded hotel and food receipts , also all communication from the airline ...we were sitting in Vista Lounge when I got a TEXT ....Your Flight is Cancelled ...took a picture of that too ...

Sorry for being so naive, but how do you take a picture of a text on your phone and upload receipts?

15 hours ago, kweentwo said:

Doubt you will be covered.

Yes, they do cover for medical or death in the family. However, they "may" and can require access to the family members medical history and determine that this is or could have been a pre-existing condition and deny the claim.