What are HAL's Laundry Bag Charges Presently ?

mcrcruiser

12 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are doing a B3B   this December . What can we expect to pay for a bag of laundry ?  We are 3 Star Mariners  so are there any discounts for 3 Star Mariners ? 

TIA   for your replies

From Nieuw Statendam today, as far as I know no discounts for 3*

laundry.thumb.JPG.65659241209b094d6e4005797a39ab7b.JPG

• Thanks 1

When buying the unlimited laundry package, is the charge per person or per cabin?  My wife and I have used this service previously, but it was included in the base price for our cabins.  We are taking the Antartica cruise next January 2023 and I would like to purchase the package(s) in advance.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I paid $20 a bag both in Quebec and Alaska, July and September.  In April I paid $20 in Europe.  Ships: Zaandam, Zuiderdam, N Statendam

Is the charge per cabin or per person?  When my wife and I used this service previously (Alaska and Australia/NZ there was a bag in our cabin, and we could both use it.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mhessick said:

Is the charge per cabin or per person?  When my wife and I used this service previously (Alaska and Australia/NZ there was a bag in our cabin, and we could both use it.  

That is for the all you can stuff into the bag rate.  I can fit almost a week load of clothes for 2 into that bag by rolling and carefully compressing 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mhessick said:

When buying the unlimited laundry package, is the charge per person or per cabin?  

Per cabin, for either bag or unlimited.

Bag: $20; $30 in Europe (IDK how Mary paid only $20 in Europe!).

Unlimited: $7/day; $9/day in Europe. Charged by the "nights" of your cruise whatever day you first send laundry in, so no reason to wait!

I believe the higher price applies if either end of your cruise is in Europe... Do not know about a cruise that visits Europe but starts and ends NOT in Europe! There aren't very many of those.

These prices have all been confirmed recently on this board, and have not gone up in years! Best bargain!

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Per cabin, for either bag or unlimited.

Bag: $20; $30 in Europe (IDK how Mary paid only $20 in Europe!).

Unlimited: $7/day; $9/day in Europe. Charged by the "nights" of your cruise whatever day you first send laundry in, so no reason to wait!

I believe the higher price applies if either end of your cruise is in Europe... Do not know about a cruise that visits Europe but starts and ends NOT in Europe! There aren't very many of those.

These prices have all been confirmed recently on this board, and have not gone up in years! Best bargain!

On a recent cruise it was listed as $30 and I put $30 on the form but was only charged $20.  Not complaining😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

On a recent cruise it was listed as $30 and I put $30 on the form but was only charged $20.  Not complaining😉

Maybe they mistakenly had some of the Europe price laundry slips mixed in.  Did your ship spend any time in Europe this year?

Edited by AFNavigator

6 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

Maybe they mistakenly had some of the Europe price laundry slips mixed in.  Did your ship spend any time in Europe this year?

🤷‍♀️I don’t really pay attention to all of the schedules

We did NS in New England and Canada, B2B in Aug/Sept 2022. It was $9 per day unlimited or $30 for the bag for both/either leg(s) of the B2B..We did unlimited and we were charged the $9 per day.

Maybe because "England" is in the name of the cruise??

On our upcoming Caribbean on Rotterdam, the pre-cruise purchase for unlimited is the $7 per day price.

Either price it is still a great deal..

My Alaska cruise ion Nieuw  Amsterdam which debarked Vancouver September 25th the price per bag was $30 or $9 per day for unlimited (per cabin). I’m still on board going to Panama Canal but haven’t checked if it changed.  I’ll check and report back.