Hot Glass Class

Peteymil

We were on the last Eclipse sailing to Alaska and I signed up online for the class and booked my time slot on the first day. Lots of availability at that point. The classes are supposed to be 20 minutes each but it depends on the item you choose to make. I selected the sea turtle and it took almost double the time whereas the passenger before me chose a heart paperweight and she was done easily in the 20 minutes. Different items also require different techniques so my turtle enabled me to do more hands on than the paperweight I observed being made. All in all it was a great experience and I love my turtle souvenir and would gladly do this “excursion” again if ever on one of the three ships that have the ovens. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, casandbliz said:

What is the charge?

Fee is $120US to make a standard item and then you pay extra depending on what item you wish to make if you don’t want to make the standard item. If you have obc you can use it for this and then it doesn’t really cost anything! 🤷‍♀️

5 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Is there a list anywhere of the standard options and the other options with additional cost?

In an earlier thread, some folks posted pics that showed the prices next to the object being made...darned if I remember the name...maybe a search on hot glass??

Here's one...

Edited by dlh015
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

In an earlier thread, some folks posted pics that showed the prices next to the object being made...darned if I remember the name...maybe a search on hot glass??

Here's one...

Thanks! I'd found a different one, but it didn't include the turtle like yours does. That's what I'd be interested in making!

17 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks! I'd found a different one, but it didn't include the turtle like yours does. That's what I'd be interested in making!

I can't make up my mind...but I have until January 😁

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AzCruiser2022 said:

Does anyone know if they are still offering the Hot Glass Class on Solstice Mexican Rivera cruises? I am going Nov 19-27-2022 and do not see the Hot Glass Class listed to purchase pre-cruise.  Thanks in advance.

I have booked 2  Hot Glass Class through Celebrity website. We are on the Nov 5th cruise on Solstice. It is not under Shore Excursions it is under Onboard Activities.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

7 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I have booked 2  Hot Glass Class through Celebrity website. We are on the Nov 5th cruise on Solstice. It is not under Shore Excursions it is under Onboard Activities.

Thank you.  I will keep checking there but so far it is not showing up. 

On 10/14/2022 at 3:11 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

They are all cool, but sea turtles are my "thing" - I adore them. So that's the natural choice for me!

The turtle was an option on our recent Equinox sailing.

• Like 1